Dogs World Cup Predictions Thread... Split

Big Threads

Re: Dogs World Cup Predictions Thread...

Postby calitom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:BONUS ROUND PREDICITIONS

Please find below three bonus predictions which the points will be added at the end of the tournament. This gives everybody a chance to make up some much needed points at the end and keeps it interesting.

Winner: 30 points

Runner up: 15 points

Minute of first goal scored in the final: 20 points

Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

Can I make a suggestion? - that we leave this addition to the predictions until the group stages are over. The reasoning behind that is some people won't realise that the routes to the final will make some teams less likely to meet in the final because of the way the knockout games are planned.

For example: Group C winners will meet Group D runners up - Group A winners will meet Group B runners up and so on.......

So say if someone fancied Germany as winners and Iceland as runner up for arguments sake, they might already have been drawn against each other earlier so the meeting in the final could never take place.

I've looked at the routes to the final and without some dedicated time spent analysing them it's a bit complicated. I just think it will be easier for people to make a more informed choice at least, when we know how things are more likely to pan out. :dunno:

If anybody wants to wait to make their bonus predictions they can do. If those who have already made their predictions wants to ammend theirs and do it again after the group stages, that’s fine also...

There is no rush for the bonus predictions...

How about those who make early predictions can predict again if their team isnt in it /gets knocked out...but if they win then their compensation/points will be reduced...
calitom

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

calitom wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

You may have a point. I can adjust the points to say 20 for the winner, 10 runner up and 15 goal time maybe?

Sound better?

noooooo...predicting a winner and a runner up at this early stage is a serious bet. Keep the original points

I think Trappers point (which I agree with) is that you should be rewarded for consistency over the whole tournament rather than one good prediction at the end. 20 points is still a good haul for predicting the winner I think
Dean

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 pm

When is the last group match?

I will make my predictions then.
Keyser

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Keyser wrote:When is the last group match?

I’ll give everybody plenty of notice when the time comes mate...
Dean

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Dean wrote:

I’ll give everybody plenty of notice when the time comes mate...

Cheers.
Keyser

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Waiting for the predictions and adjusting the bonus points are both good suggestions. I’m new to this and just want it to be as fair as possible. Please feel free to make suggestions or comment on how to make it better. It all helps.

If there’s enough interest I’ll do a proper one for the Premier league next season...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:38 pm

calitom wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Thats quite a hefty points prize for the winner but ok its available to everyone I suppose.

You may have a point. I can adjust the points to say 20 for the winner, 10 runner up and 15 goal time maybe?

Sound better?

noooooo...predicting a winner and a runner up at this early stage is a serious bet. Keep the original points

You're American so I don't expect you to understand - trust me it's better to leave it until the group stages are over and a tad unfair to possibly hike someone above someone else who was considerably better at predicting than them through the whole competition.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Dean wrote:Waiting for the predictions and adjusting the bonus points are both good suggestions. I’m new to this and just want it to be as fair as possible. Please feel free to make suggestions or comment on how to make it better. It all helps.

If there’s enough interest I’ll do a proper one for the Premier league next season...

No worries.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:40 pm

I’m going to ask Stooo to delete a few posts since the bonus predictions. I’ll look at it again and make a better post in a few days. So if you have a post deleted it’s because I asked, sorry for any confusion...
Dean

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:Waiting for the predictions and adjusting the bonus points are both good suggestions. I’m new to this and just want it to be as fair as possible. Please feel free to make suggestions or comment on how to make it better. It all helps.

No worries.

Cheers. I’ll report a few now. Nice one...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Ages yet, we've only just started the second round of group matches and we still have a third round to go after that. :yess:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Ages yet, we've only just started the second round of group matches and we still have a third round to go after that. :yess:

:thumbsup:
Keyser

Previous

Return to The Archive