TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Hummingbird » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm

McAz wrote:I've just begun to watch Goliath on Amazon Prime - brilliant but shocking in places.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/

Watched series 1, really good. Pleased it's back for number 2.
Hummingbird

Postby Keyser » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:37 pm

calitom wrote:
Keyser wrote:Just another list of dramas I have enjoyed over the last decade or so - I only have freeview so several series I have on boxsets and have not watched yet (as indicated). :smilin:

House.
The Wire.
Southland.
Homeland.
Sons of Anarchy.
Life on Mars.
Ashes to Ashes.
The Fall.
The Shadow Line.
Line of Duty.
Happy Valley.
River.
Peaky Blinders.
Ripper Street.
Taboo.
Whitechapel.
Hinterland.
Shetland.
Unforgotten.
Fargo.
Person of Interest.
The Mentalist.
Longmire.
Elementary.
Castle.
Gotham.
Agents of Shield.
Engrenages (Spiral).
Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
Bron/Broen (The Bridge)
Borgen.
Inspector Montalbano.
Salamander.
Ófærð (Trapped).
Wallender both the Krister Henriksson and Kenneth Branagh versions.
Braquo (not seen it yet but have the boxset and it has excellent reviews).
Breaking Bad - ditto.
Hannibal -ditto.
American Horror Story - ditto.
Deadwood - seen the first series and need to catch up.
Marcella.
Humans.

deadwood had the best dialogue since shakespeare

Well when I get time I will watch the first series again and then the rest. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:42 pm

You need to add Rough Justice to that list. You’d deffo like it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Nucks » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 am

New series of Lookalikes on Channel 4 Wednesday night. I would say the appeal is a bit of a niche audience, the main guy is an absolute dead ringer for Ricky Gervais’ David Brent character. His mannerisms are perfect, he must practice a lot. :gigglesnshit: Those who didn’t care for The Office probably wouldn’t like it. The other lookalikes are funny too, Ali G and Gordon Ramsay (amazing likeness), and some are funny because they’re rubbish lookalikes. The guy who’s meant to look like David Beckham doesn’t look like him at all. :ooer:

Series one had the actual Brian Belo (Big Brother) auditioning to be his own lookalike to make money. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:42 pm

He is a good Brent impersonator.

But I think that show is a bit like doing another David Brent series on the cheap, bet Gervais isn't happy about it, and I don't think it's that funny.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Keyser » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:22 pm

What a wonderful and very poignant ending to Bon/Broen that was and beautifully acted throughout by all of the cast.

Spoiler: show
I am so glad that the superb Saga has finally cast aside her demons forever - but just for a second I thought she was going to jump.

Sheer class. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:23 am

Keyser wrote:What a wonderful and very poignant ending to Bon/Broen that was and beautifully acted throughout by all of the cast.

I am so glad that the superb Saga has finally cast aside her demons forever - but just for a second I thought she was going to jump.

It was an good series.

But no, she’s not the type to jump. Besides she was vindicated about what her mother was up to all along.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:01 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:What a wonderful and very poignant ending to Bon/Broen that was and beautifully acted throughout by all of the cast.

It was an good series.

But no, she’s not the type to jump. Besides she was vindicated about what her mother was up to all along.

Yes I know but Saga could have thought that she had served her purpose in this life.

I love the shots of the awesome Øresundsbroen/Öresundsbron Bridge which has been a character in it's own right in all of the series.

Hidden is a dark, bleak, brooding, slow burning and very well constructed drama.

Much like Hinterland.

I am really enjoying it so far and that is one fucked up family in the middle of the woods! :gigglesnshit:

A great start to series 6 of Wentworth as well - Sonia is a stone cold psychopath.
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:18 pm

The most politically incorrect cartoon of all time - but fucking funny. :pmsl:

The invicible Minah Bird (God?) hopping along to Fingal's Cave is both surreal and sheer genius.

Keyser

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Never show those 5 minute Warner Brothers and Disney cartoons anymore sadly.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Keyser » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Never show those 5 minute Warner Brothers and Disney cartoons anymore sadly.

There would be a blizzard of complaints from the terminally offended - look at the violence in Tom and Jerry!

Never liked Disney - far too saccharine - I was always a Warner Brothers fan.

For example Foghorn Leghorn was a total legend! :pmsl:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

It was an good series.

Yes I know but Saga could have thought that she had served her purpose in this life.

I love the shots of the awesome Øresundsbroen/Öresundsbron Bridge which has been a character in it's own right in all of the series.

Hidden is a dark, bleak, brooding, slow burning and very well constructed drama.

Much like Hinterland.

I am really enjoying it so far and that is one fucked up family in the middle of the woods! :gigglesnshit:

A great start to series 6 of Wentworth as well - Sonia is a stone cold psychopath.

Sagas emotions were triggered and her world changed, she just needed time to absorb the enormity of her newfound emotions. She was never going to jump.

I haven’t watched Hinterland or Wentworth, something for winter maybe.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

It was an good series.

Much like Hinterland.

Sagas emotions were triggered and her world changed, she just needed time to absorb the enormity of her newfound emotions. She was never going to jump.

I haven’t watched Hinterland or Wentworth, something for winter maybe.

Good post - I watched the ending again and it was perfect - I do hope the lovely Sofia comes over here to act in the future.

They are both great series in their own way and very different from the usual tosh on telly. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby MG2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 am

Finally on S4 of Peaky Blinders and as Keyser said it is far fetched but oh so entertaining.

Watched the first new Unforgotten. Always classy.
MG2

Postby Keyser » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 pm

MG2 wrote:Finally on S4 of Peaky Blinders and as Keyser said it is far fetched but oh so entertaining.

Watched the first new Unforgotten. Always classy.

Unforgotten is just about the only programme I have watched on ITV for years.

I am currently enjoying the series of House I did not see on Freeview (5-8), Hidden, Wentworth, AOS, The 100 and looking forward to Size Matters on BBC4.

The last ever episode of Longmire is on tomorrow as well, I hope that they all survive - including Mathias and Nighthorse.

Oh and Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing is a beautiful little gem of a programme.

Contemplative, entertaining and life-affirming in one little 30 minute package. :cuppaT:
Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio