Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:18 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:@LM - I've just noticed that you too have called for the legalisation of cannabis - I therefore withdraw my last remark. :smilin:

In that case ignore my first paragraph. :mrgreen:

I did. :laughing:
McAz

Postby banana chewits » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:46 pm

i've seen the devastating effect cannabis had on an already disturbed brain, witnessed people turn into idle layabouts on it & i've known plenty of people use it with no harm at all.

it seems cannabis just highlights what's underneath in the first place.
banana chewits

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:58 pm

For anyone interested in or still cares about brain health...

phpBB [video]
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:58 pm

banana chewits wrote:i've seen the devastating effect cannabis had on an already disturbed brain, witnessed people turn into idle layabouts on it & i've known plenty of people use it with no harm at all.

Even after THC is flushed out of the system? I mean any permanent scarring?
Rockstar

Postby banana chewits » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Rockstar wrote:
banana chewits wrote:i've seen the devastating effect cannabis had on an already disturbed brain, witnessed people turn into idle layabouts on it & i've known plenty of people use it with no harm at all.

sorry, rockstar, i'm not understanding what you mean by permanent scarring.
banana chewits

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:07 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

I assume he means some of these...
Attachments
C5F67CA4-A856-4BC3-A404-6ED9DA992F2B.jpeg
Lady Murasaki

Postby banana chewits » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

I assume he means some of these...

oh right, thanks.

the ones i mentioned first were definitely long term affected but the majority seem just fine still. i'm no brain scientist so i can't give a definitive answer, just my observation.

i suppose how much people use must have an effect as well. the ones that smoke it constantly from getting up in the morning are probably less likely to function as well as occasional or light users.
banana chewits

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Yes, that's probably true of many things.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Rolluplostinspace

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

just wanted to say thank you for your words in the other thread
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Bella » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
I e
Maybe ‘substance abuse’ seems an exaggerated term to you because you don’t view it as doing any harm to your mind but it does. You're obviously used to talking about it to people who agree with you and so believe it’s an ‘intelligent’ choice of drug. Maybe it is compared to alcohol, but it’s still a drug that impairs your brain in some way. You see it as a helpful impairment, which is fair enough, antidepressants are helpful but I wouldn’t want people to rely on them or stay on them for years and years, would you?
Cannabis is just another way of self medicating so that people can escape their reality for a while, it stops people being ‘present’, lucid or stable. Long term studies have not been done yet. But what I’ve seen of people who’ve never/hardly ever smoked or drank compared to those who have is a world of difference in mental drive and capabilities.

Why, would you not want to see folks needing to stop taking antidepressants ? Do you feel the same about-folks with diabetes or thyroid issues?
Bella

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
I e
Maybe ‘substance abuse’ seems an exaggerated term to you because you don’t view it as doing any harm to your mind but it does. You're obviously used to talking about it to people who agree with you and so believe it’s an ‘intelligent’ choice of drug. Maybe it is compared to alcohol, but it’s still a drug that impairs your brain in some way. You see it as a helpful impairment, which is fair enough, antidepressants are helpful but I wouldn’t want people to rely on them or stay on them for years and years, would you?
Cannabis is just another way of self medicating so that people can escape their reality for a while, it stops people being ‘present’, lucid or stable. Long term studies have not been done yet. But what I’ve seen of people who’ve never/hardly ever smoked or drank compared to those who have is a world of difference in mental drive and capabilities.

Why, would you not want to see folks needing to stop taking antidepressants ? Do you feel the same about-folks with diabetes or thyroid issues?

What?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Bella » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
I e

What?

You said
antidepressants are helpful but I wouldn’t want people to rely on them or stay on them for years and years, would you?

I said, do you feel the way about folks who take daily medication for diabetes or thyroid issues?
Bella

Postby Maddog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Oklahoma voters just passed medicinal Devil's Lettuce.

When the 2nd or 3rd reddest state in the US is onboard, it's days of being illegal are numbered.
Maddog

Postby Bella » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Maddog wrote:Oklahoma voters just passed medicinal Devil's Lettuce.

When the 2nd or 3rd reddest state in the US is onboard, it's days of being illegal are numbered.

Is that what you call it... Devil's Lettuce ? Have you tried it, the lettuce thing. :smilin:

Good news it will likely be legalised :Wiiiine!:
Bella

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms