Video Games

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Video Games

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:40 am

Did anyone play/ join the online game 'EVE' ?

I didn't, it looked far too complicated and some of those playing it appeared to be anal geeks who took it all far too seriously. It made the national news I remember when much of the eve community, rumoured to have over half a million subscribers world wide, decided to have an all out war to the death.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 am

Trapper John wrote:My first delve into home computer games was Tomb Raider on the PC, primitive now but at the time those PC games were ground breaking.

Then I got into Football Manager and my home life was nearly wrecked, it ate up huge swathes of my time and only an ultimatum from the other half and a great deal of self denial saved me from myself. I kicked the habit but am still curious as to what the newer versions were/are like. I won't go near them now.

I used to play Football Manager years ago. Such an addictive game you could play days on end! I haven’t looked at it for a while though...
Dean

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Gerst wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:There’s quite a few games about where you just explore the most beautiful environments, Gerst.
I play No Mans Sky. I love it. It’s so big and vast. I’ve never actually seen another player. The planets are beautiful too. All procedurally generates and I think there’s something ridiculous like 20 quintrillion of them. Beautiful game.

Yes, I've heard of No Man's Sky. I very much like the idea of it: worlds generated by computer so that even the makers of it don't know what to expect, though I also heard it had turned out to be a bit disappointing, for various reasons – maybe people were expecting too much, I don't know. I think I'll have to give it a try though just to see for myself.

I think it was just a bit... I dunno, aimless? They’ve added more things since I last played, like building bases and shit. I like it. I just like exploring and mining to explore more though. It was a nice (although somewhat difficult) to play a game like that where I’m not tethered to a base, as such.

I’ve discovered Ark: Survival Evolved is on mobiles. My life is over.
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Gerst wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:There’s quite a few games about where you just explore the most beautiful environments, Gerst.
I play No Mans Sky. I love it. It’s so big and vast. I’ve never actually seen another player. The planets are beautiful too. All procedurally generates and I think there’s something ridiculous like 20 quintrillion of them. Beautiful game.

Yes, I've heard of No Man's Sky. I very much like the idea of it: worlds generated by computer so that even the makers of it don't know what to expect, though I also heard it had turned out to be a bit disappointing, for various reasons – maybe people were expecting too much, I don't know. I think I'll have to give it a try though just to see for myself.

I think it was just a bit... I dunno, aimless? They’ve added more things since I last played, like building bases and shit. I like it. I just like exploring and mining to explore more though. It was a nice (although somewhat difficult) to play a game like that where I’m not tethered to a base, as such.

I’ve discovered Ark: Survival Evolved is on mobiles. My life is over.

Try this - the world's first computer game. :mrgreen:

Keyser

Postby Punk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:45 pm

I used to play this years ago

Punk

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:16 pm

I liked evony free forever. The beat about it was chat and diplomatic function. Space invaders I could lose at. But for online one on one strategy command and conqure generals! FPS battle field 4, aside from all the glitches. Whouch where amusing in hindsight was an excelent game. And obviously assasins creed. Though the games change little in objectives. Though the best campaigns where from the total war series. A bit disapointed that they never advanced on FPS, and strategy.

Ultimate has to be crash bandicoot.
art0hur0moh

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Last one was Portal 2, never finished it so gone back to do so after about 7 years.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Cobs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Trapper John wrote:Did anyone play/ join the online game 'EVE' ?

I didn't, it looked far too complicated and some of those playing it appeared to be anal geeks who took it all far too seriously. It made the national news I remember when much of the eve community, rumoured to have over half a million subscribers world wide, decided to have an all out war to the death.

Eve is still going. I play it very badly as a casual toe dipper.
Cobs

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Trapper John wrote:Did anyone play/ join the online game 'EVE' ?

Eve is more of a community than a game, things move on and change.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 am

Beta for Battlefield V finished yesterday. It wouldn't be the same without the glitches. And frekin bunny hoppers :grrrrr: Still the best FPS. Son was saying in comparison to FIFA, Battlefield is still top for game play. Player where naff. Till son informed me they where COD loyalist.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:05 pm

You would probably like assassins creed black flag, or the latest red dead 2 (I recommend that just based on Your style of game play).
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:07 pm

dans le jue

art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Has anyone published a decent online shopping title yet as in walking down the isle of Sainsbury and seeing what I'd see if I was really there?
I'd consider online supermarket shopping if so.
If not there's a few quid to be made making one surely?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Jon55 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:33 am

Years ago I became addicted to Super Mario and my son's game boy which I would be on until the early hours of the morning playing tetris .... What was I thinking ?!?

phpBB [video]

and of course Grand Theft Auto!

phpBB [video]

and Guitar Hero!

phpBB [video]
Jon55

Postby .SF. » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 am

Jon55 wrote:Years ago I became addicted to Super Mario and my son's game boy which I would be on until the early hours of the morning playing tetris .... What was I thinking ?!?

You might like this one

.SF.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug