What's on the menu tonight? Course 5

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 5

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:36 pm

mouthwatering tenderloin steak with garlic jus and mashed potato and burnt cauliflower.

for starters: chicken with skin coated with mint and coriander with dukkah fries.
Rockstar

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Lamb leg steaks. I'm so hungry...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Punk wrote:
Gabby wrote:Thinking of going for the easy option tonight... a KFC bucket :dunno:..... sick of salads and BBQs :thud:

Oh no, that's set off my inner Homer :drool:

:mrgreen: .... hey, I was in Isleworth June 19th & 20th.... walking past Twickenham Stadium to Tesco when the Rolling Stones were on.... the area was bouncing! :canny:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Rockstar wrote:mouthwatering tenderloin steak with garlic jus and mashed potato and burnt cauliflower.

for starters: chicken with skin coated with mint and coriander with dukkah fries.

Nice.... try cauliflower mash with cream and butter! :drool:
Gabby

Postby Punk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Gabby wrote:
Punk wrote:
Gabby wrote:Thinking of going for the easy option tonight... a KFC bucket :dunno:..... sick of salads and BBQs :thud:

Oh no, that's set off my inner Homer :drool:

:mrgreen: .... hey, I was in Isleworth June 19th & 20th.... walking past Twickenham Stadium to Tesco when the Rolling Stones were on.... the area was bouncing! :canny:

I used to work in Isleworth for a mini-cab company in the evenings, then back home to Battersea bridge, waybackwhen I had a mortgage.
Punk

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:mouthwatering tenderloin steak with garlic jus and mashed potato and burnt cauliflower.

I will look for that in a menu next time.....(only because of your recommendation)

(Not a fan of cauliflower...i had a bite or two and it was left alone on the plate :oops: )
Rockstar

Postby Punk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I will look for that in a menu next time.....(only because of your recommendation)

(Not a fan of cauliflower...i had a bite or two and it was left alone on the plate :oops: )

I can eat broccoli but not cauliflower. I used to live in Czech Republic and almost every family meal, in the autumn, had cauliflower. :pukeup:
Punk

Postby Gabby » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I love raw cauliflower too, dipped in mayo in a salad :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Punk wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I can eat broccoli but not cauliflower. I used to live in Czech Republic and almost every family meal, in the autumn, had cauliflower. :pukeup:

I've warmed up to broccoli recently...Except for okra I don't think I have any greens...And that's a sad thing or so my OH keeps saying... :paranoid:
Rockstar

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Yeah right! :grrrrr:
Rockstar

Postby Gabby » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Straight up.... try it, lovely and crunchy...... raw sliced mushrooms too! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Straight up.... try it, lovely and crunchy...... raw sliced mushrooms too! :thumbsup:

Maybe in another lifetime... :cuppaT:
Rockstar

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:07 pm

I love cauliflower, bit of cheese sauce on the side :grub:

I did chicken and veg stir fry with egg fried rice.
Junglejayne

Postby Psidgaf » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Cold chicken, home made potato salad, pea shoots, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Followed by nectarine and strawberries.
Psidgaf

Postby MG2 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Pitta pockets (again) with potato salad and salad. Now I would like some raw cauli with it too, Gabby is right, it's lovely.

And then I have strawberries, meringues, cream and Belgian choc sauce. :drool:
MG2

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive