Music that you hate listening to

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Music that you hate listening to

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:Misread the thread - rap is so utterly shit it does not stay in your head.

There are far too many annoying bloody earworms to choose from - especially on adverts.

:Lucia:

You just need to learn how to turn that stuff off, a coping mechanism if you will. I get deafening tinnitus for short periods of time and low level (but high pitched) for long periods of time, I'm happy to have my brain to get annoyed at a catchy tune rather than a high pitched whine.

Tinnitus must be bloody awful.

Having a truck reverse on you while you're fucking around on your phone is awful, as is global warming, the nuclear threat and cancer. Noisy ears are annoying.

Jesus!

Pardon me for being sympathetic! :ooer:

You were expressing empathy...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:26 pm

[You were expressing empathy...[/quote]

that was sympathy Stooo
calitom

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:29 pm

calitom wrote:[You were expressing empathy...

that was sympathy Stooo[/quote]

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Toemayto, tomato. Still a delicious salad fruit.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Stooo wrote:

Nitpicking sod! :mrgreen:

Alright so tinnitus might not be 'awful' but is must be bloody irritating!
Keyser

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Nitpicking sod! :mrgreen:

Alright so tinnitus might not be 'awful' but is must be bloody irritating!

I can tune it out, you just work out ways to do it. It's similar to sorting out sleep paralysis, dead easy when you have a think about it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Me Again » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Stooo actually fucked the quotes up, I never thought I'd live to see the day.
Me Again

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Me Again wrote:Stooo actually fucked the quotes up, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

I had to prove that I was human so that I could do all of the guest posts.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 pm

This gives me tinnitus - the excruciating high notes and those bloody twittering birds. Gotta be my all-time most hated 'song', ever ... :doomed:

Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I better not say. It could break the forum.

In that case I'll say The Beatles, Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Madonna. :doomed:

Looks like you broke the forum on Saturday saying that!
Not that there’s much left to break.

gloating c**t :dafinger:

you've done your very best to drag it down but it will still be here long after retarded is history

No it’s the abusive egos like yours that drag things down.
People are fed up of it, not amused by it
I think it’s a shame it’s come to what it has.
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Punk wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:Misread the thread - rap is so utterly shit it does not stay in your head.

There are far too many annoying bloody earworms to choose from - especially on adverts.

You just need to learn how to turn that stuff off, a coping mechanism if you will. I get deafening tinnitus for short periods of time and low level (but high pitched) for long periods of time, I'm happy to have my brain to get annoyed at a catchy tune rather than a high pitched whine.

Tinnitus must be bloody awful.

Having a truck reverse on you while you're fucking around on your phone is awful, as is global warming, the nuclear threat and cancer. Noisy ears are annoying.

For me it sounds like there are between 4 and 8 alarm clocks going off all the time but they are dulled as in under a blanket but still ringing. I went to too many gigs with feedback during the mid/late 80s/early 90s.

Exactly how I got it too.
measurer

Postby McAz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 pm

I saw an audiologist this week who amongst other things measured the frequency of my tinnitus - it's done partly by estimation derived from ad hoc measurements above the frequencies of the standard 4 point hearing test. She reckons mine is predominantly around 8khz to 10khz. This is useful for blanking sounds at night (sea, wind, rain, white noise etc) which if boosted in these higher frequencies can give some relief and enable more restful sleep. Also useful for music creation and production which I do from time to time but is too boring to go into detail here.

Keeping your lugs super clean - avoiding caffeine and stress (of course) - also avoiding certain drugs (cannabis being one of them unfortunately) can also help immensely. Some days (but I emphasise just some) I can get mine down to almost nothing. Right now on a 10 point scale (10 being suicidal) it's about 7 - but that's in part because I've been listening to music.
McAz

Postby calitom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
calitom wrote:[You were expressing empathy...

that was sympathy Stooo

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Toemayto, tomato. Still a delicious salad fruit.[/quote]

it was sympathy..not empathy. Cripe be humble and admit you were wrong and that you learned something.It will make you a better man
and improve your english skills.
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 am

McAz wrote:I saw an audiologist this week who amongst other things measured the frequency of my tinnitus - it's done partly by estimation derived from ad hoc measurements above the frequencies of the standard 4 point hearing test. She reckons mine is predominantly around 8khz to 10khz. This is useful for blanking sounds at night (sea, wind, rain, white noise etc) which if boosted in these higher frequencies can give some relief and enable more restful sleep. Also useful for music creation and production which I do from time to time but is too boring to go into detail here.

Keeping your lugs super clean - avoiding caffeine and stress (of course) - also avoiding certain drugs (cannabis being one of them unfortunately) can also help immensely. Some days (but I emphasise just some) I can get mine down to almost nothing. Right now on a 10 point scale (10 being suicidal) it's about 7 - but that's in part because I've been listening to music.

I had my hearing tested a few years ago and the guy said I could here base tones most people wouldn't.
That for me was official confirmation that the helium Bee Gees were not to be played near me and I needed some Waits and Cohen for mental health reasons!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 am

McAz wrote:I saw an audiologist this week who amongst other things measured the frequency of my tinnitus - it's done partly by estimation derived from ad hoc measurements above the frequencies of the standard 4 point hearing test. She reckons mine is predominantly around 8khz to 10khz. This is useful for blanking sounds at night (sea, wind, rain, white noise etc) which if boosted in these higher frequencies can give some relief and enable more restful sleep. Also useful for music creation and production which I do from time to time but is too boring to go into detail here.

I'm not sure I believe the avoiding Cannabis bit, do you?
Bella

Postby McAz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 am

Bella wrote:

I'm not sure I believe the avoiding Cannabis bit, do you?

Unfortunately since I have never experienced a reduction in tinnitus following the consumption of cannabis I'm bound to accept that she may be correct.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms