Music that you hate listening to

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Music that you hate listening to

Postby McAz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:I saw an audiologist this week who amongst other things measured the frequency of my tinnitus - it's done partly by estimation derived from ad hoc measurements above the frequencies of the standard 4 point hearing test. She reckons mine is predominantly around 8khz to 10khz. This is useful for blanking sounds at night (sea, wind, rain, white noise etc) which if boosted in these higher frequencies can give some relief and enable more restful sleep. Also useful for music creation and production which I do from time to time but is too boring to go into detail here.

Keeping your lugs super clean - avoiding caffeine and stress (of course) - also avoiding certain drugs (cannabis being one of them unfortunately) can also help immensely. Some days (but I emphasise just some) I can get mine down to almost nothing. Right now on a 10 point scale (10 being suicidal) it's about 7 - but that's in part because I've been listening to music.

I had my hearing tested a few years ago and the guy said I could here base tones most people wouldn't.
That for me was official confirmation that the helium Bee Gees were not to be played near me and I needed some Waits and Cohen for mental health reasons!

Sounds entirely reasonable. Unlike you I have no great bass sense and therefore prefer tones above 100hz. In fact I cut off frequencies below 60hz and sometimes higher as a matter of course when listening or making music.
McAz

Postby McAz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I should have added that that does not make squeaky fuckers any less irritating. :smilin:

McAz

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:04 pm

I can't stand the sound of alarm clocks. My ears are doing flipflops :brickwall:
Especially this one ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:05 pm

McAz wrote:I should have added that that does not make squeaky fuckers any less irritating. :smilin:

:pmsl:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm sick and tired of gregorian chanting. Everywhere I go including pubs, buskers and even bloody kids chanting Paer natus est nobis et filius datus est nobis on the bus. Just STOP IT! :slap:

Postby jra » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:26 pm

McAz wrote:I should have added that that does not make squeaky fuckers any less irritating. :smilin:

The Bee Gees used to be called Les Tosseurs (sp) apparently and they were being interviewer by Clive Anderson. They walked out when CA took the piss too much. All a bit surreal, but what did they expect.

The Bee Gees walk out of CLIVE ANDERSON TALKS BACK (BBC1, 30th October 1997)

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHa6vYq6Nyk
jra

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms