DS thread #101

Big Threads

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Guest wrote:Fisch and VicnBob both not seen for dust in any Brexit or Tory resignation threads recently really desperately trying to make something out of nothing in this thread

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... inister/p2

poor babies


No surprise to see glandis and other lefties defending naz 'the Rotherham girls should shut up for the sake of diversity' shah though.

Anyone who claims her excuse about 'accidentally' retweeting and liking the tweet is incredibly dishonest and so disrespectful to those poor rape victims. Liking could maybe wash, but to retarded it's a couple of button presses and the original tweet is right on your screen when you do. Such ugly dishonesty, defending and excusing her racial hatred.

Absolutely disgusted to the core at glandis, but not surprised after his recent holocaust posts. One of the most ugly, hateful and bigoted posters on any forum, anywhere.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Guest wrote:Fisch and VicnBob both not seen for dust in any Brexit or Tory resignation threads recently really desperately trying to make something out of nothing in this thread

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... inister/p2

poor babies

On the whole I cant be bothered to bandy words with the lunatics anymore but thought tonight it was too good an opportunity to miss.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:14 pm

I see Fisch has told the old windbag OHG he is talking claptrap I can imagine OHG spluttering over his Horlicks.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:37 pm

DS is shit these days. You daren't post anything against Corbyn without being jumped on and if you do the usual suspect just come on and deflect by listing all the misdemeanours of the tories. They will never, ever accept that Corbyn can make a mistake. I just dont bother with the morons any more.
User avatar
guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 pm

guest wrote:DS is shit these days. You daren't post anything against Corbyn without being jumped on and if you do the usual suspect just come on and deflect by listing all the misdemeanours of the tories. They will never, ever accept that Corbyn can make a mistake. I just dont bother with the morons any more.

I see the twat Mesostim has joined in now.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:DS is shit these days. You daren't post anything against Corbyn without being jumped on and if you do the usual suspect just come on and deflect by listing all the misdemeanours of the tories. They will never, ever accept that Corbyn can make a mistake. I just dont bother with the morons any more.

I see the twat Mesostim has joined in now.


No show without punch :smilin:
User avatar
guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 pm

wizzywick wrote:
Guest wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Helena wrote:
Aww I don't think guesty has anything against retail workers, just wants to annoy the irritating Waldo......

Or maybe not! :whistle:


I worked in a shop when I left school for a couple of months, I couldn't stand it but some of my mates work in retail and they're pretty cool. Denigrating any form of employment is a bugbear of mine, I've been the bloke waist deep in sewage pulling the tampons and nappies out of the soil pipe leading to the sewer. It just seems so Daily Mail to me.


I regard all jobs equally as important, but offer different levels of respect depending on what folk do. A toilet cleaner is as important as a doctor because without clean sanitation a doctor would have no place of work.Whilst I respect the toilet cleaner for their role in providing clean sanitation, I admire and bow down to the doctor for choosing a time and life consuming career for the benefit of others. I share your bugbear.


What do you think about folk who work behind a Post Office counter, yet look down their noses in judgement at the benefit claimants whom they are serving? What about the folk who do that, then go on one of the UK's largest forums to slag the shite out of these same claimants? Do you think these folk deserve respect? If they do, where do they sit on your league table of respect?
You might want to have a wee think about it before you answer.


I've had a wee think and decided that those who manipulate and twist things that people post on forums in order to gain some kind of moralistic victory, who actually have no idea as to how to respond to real situations involving real people, don't actually deserve to be given an answer. Hope you are well Hilda.


Sorry Wizzywick but you are wrong in your assumption here. Hilda here and that was not me and I am sure a comparison of IP addresses etc by the site owners would confirm it was not me.
Yes I am well thank you. I hope you have made a good recovery from your illness last year and are now doing better health wise.
All the best Hilda
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm

DWPeter wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
DWPeter wrote:
Guest wrote:
What do you think about folk who work behind a Post Office counter, yet look down their noses in judgement at the benefit claimants whom they are serving? What about the folk who do that, then go on one of the UK's largest forums to slag the shite out of these same claimants? Do you think these folk deserve respect? If they do, where do they sit on your league table of respect?
You might want to have a wee think about it before you answer.


Do keep up. More than 99% of claimants' benefits are paid directly into their bank accounts. Giros don't exist any more so your argument is cack.


Indeed, and with the Government now urging all State Pension claimants to have their pensions paid into the bank rather than the Post Office Card Account, you rarely see anyone these days for payouts. Especially as the Post Office Cash Machine accepts the PO Card Account Card so most don't bother queue for their money.

The Post Office is probably on life support. Used primarily by consumers as a means to send back their online shopping returns free of charge. There is no money in that at all. That's why stamps are the price they are. People can't demand free returns and cheap postage stamps. The money to fund these free returns has to come from somewhere. Royal Mail make the bulk of the money on the free returns, not the Post Office.


You are another one talking drivel. The Post Office and the Royal Mail are separate entities. The former sell stamps on behalf of the latter and take a cut of the revenue because that's how capitalism works.

The cost of stamps is relatively high partly due to the Universal Postal Service, sometimes known as the Universal Service Obligation, which means that whether you live in Ipswich, Inverness or Enniskillen the price for sending a letter is the same. Courier companies charge extra if you have the audacity to live in a remote area.

https://www.royalmailgroup.com/about-us ... obligation

Free online shopping returns have nothing directly to do with the Post Office or RM and are covered by the Consumer Contract Regulations. Yes RM may benefit financially from them but websites are just as likely to avail themselves of the likes of Hermes or Yodel with local pick-ups from corner shops and the like.

The Post Office provides lots of services other than stamps and parcel returns - foreign currency exchange and utility bill payments are two examples - and most of them won't be shutting down any time soon.

And here's me thinking you might be intelligent :pmsl:


I'd hate to lose our local post office which has now been downgraded to a counter within a shop. You say it is on life support but what kind of time frame do you mean? 5 years? More than ten years? I remember discussing this topic with you on DS and wondering who'd handle my raunchy Jackie Collins novels!
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Guest wrote:
DWPeter wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
DWPeter wrote:
Guest wrote:
What do you think about folk who work behind a Post Office counter, yet look down their noses in judgement at the benefit claimants whom they are serving? What about the folk who do that, then go on one of the UK's largest forums to slag the shite out of these same claimants? Do you think these folk deserve respect? If they do, where do they sit on your league table of respect?
You might want to have a wee think about it before you answer.


Do keep up. More than 99% of claimants' benefits are paid directly into their bank accounts. Giros don't exist any more so your argument is cack.


Indeed, and with the Government now urging all State Pension claimants to have their pensions paid into the bank rather than the Post Office Card Account, you rarely see anyone these days for payouts. Especially as the Post Office Cash Machine accepts the PO Card Account Card so most don't bother queue for their money.

The Post Office is probably on life support. Used primarily by consumers as a means to send back their online shopping returns free of charge. There is no money in that at all. That's why stamps are the price they are. People can't demand free returns and cheap postage stamps. The money to fund these free returns has to come from somewhere. Royal Mail make the bulk of the money on the free returns, not the Post Office.


You are another one talking drivel. The Post Office and the Royal Mail are separate entities. The former sell stamps on behalf of the latter and take a cut of the revenue because that's how capitalism works.

The cost of stamps is relatively high partly due to the Universal Postal Service, sometimes known as the Universal Service Obligation, which means that whether you live in Ipswich, Inverness or Enniskillen the price for sending a letter is the same. Courier companies charge extra if you have the audacity to live in a remote area.

https://www.royalmailgroup.com/about-us ... obligation

Free online shopping returns have nothing directly to do with the Post Office or RM and are covered by the Consumer Contract Regulations. Yes RM may benefit financially from them but websites are just as likely to avail themselves of the likes of Hermes or Yodel with local pick-ups from corner shops and the like.

The Post Office provides lots of services other than stamps and parcel returns - foreign currency exchange and utility bill payments are two examples - and most of them won't be shutting down any time soon.

And here's me thinking you might be intelligent :pmsl:


I'd hate to lose our local post office which has now been downgraded to a counter within a shop. You say it is on life support but what kind of time frame do you mean? 5 years? More than ten years? I remember discussing this topic with you on DS and wondering who'd handle my raunchy Jackie Collins novels!


Oh I made a mistake here I thought I was replying to Wizzywick here! Apologies
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Guest wrote:
DWPeter wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
DWPeter wrote:
Guest wrote:
What do you think about folk who work behind a Post Office counter, yet look down their noses in judgement at the benefit claimants whom they are serving? What about the folk who do that, then go on one of the UK's largest forums to slag the shite out of these same claimants? Do you think these folk deserve respect? If they do, where do they sit on your league table of respect?
You might want to have a wee think about it before you answer.


Do keep up. More than 99% of claimants' benefits are paid directly into their bank accounts. Giros don't exist any more so your argument is cack.


Indeed, and with the Government now urging all State Pension claimants to have their pensions paid into the bank rather than the Post Office Card Account, you rarely see anyone these days for payouts. Especially as the Post Office Cash Machine accepts the PO Card Account Card so most don't bother queue for their money.

The Post Office is probably on life support. Used primarily by consumers as a means to send back their online shopping returns free of charge. There is no money in that at all. That's why stamps are the price they are. People can't demand free returns and cheap postage stamps. The money to fund these free returns has to come from somewhere. Royal Mail make the bulk of the money on the free returns, not the Post Office.


You are another one talking drivel. The Post Office and the Royal Mail are separate entities. The former sell stamps on behalf of the latter and take a cut of the revenue because that's how capitalism works.

The cost of stamps is relatively high partly due to the Universal Postal Service, sometimes known as the Universal Service Obligation, which means that whether you live in Ipswich, Inverness or Enniskillen the price for sending a letter is the same. Courier companies charge extra if you have the audacity to live in a remote area.

https://www.royalmailgroup.com/about-us ... obligation

Free online shopping returns have nothing directly to do with the Post Office or RM and are covered by the Consumer Contract Regulations. Yes RM may benefit financially from them but websites are just as likely to avail themselves of the likes of Hermes or Yodel with local pick-ups from corner shops and the like.

The Post Office provides lots of services other than stamps and parcel returns - foreign currency exchange and utility bill payments are two examples - and most of them won't be shutting down any time soon.

And here's me thinking you might be intelligent :pmsl:


I'd hate to lose our local post office which has now been downgraded to a counter within a shop. You say it is on life support but what kind of time frame do you mean? 5 years? More than ten years? I remember discussing this topic with you on DS and wondering who'd handle my raunchy Jackie Collins novels!


More and more things are being done online, from ebay labelling to foreign currency. You can even arrange for Parcelforce to collect from your home address. Utility bills are being diminished as Paypoint get more contracts. The Post Office will still be there, but it won't be in its current format in a decade that's for sure. Even road tax is done online these days. Yeah, you get the odd one come to you, but compared to five years ago, it is very quiet.

It's all very well folk posting corporate links explaining the set up of things, but internal politics are very very different. Reduced collection times, more restricted items than ever before, things are changing drastically, and quite quickly.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Guest wrote:Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.


Amazon use their own delivery system and Royal Mail. Others use Hermes or Yodel because it's cheap. The online business will continue to grow because it has altered the high street and shops they used to frequent are slowly disappearing. You can organise a courier service for as little as £3.00.

Hilda, i genuinely have been wondering how you are. It's been a while since we caught up. You should PM me on the Trifle forum, you'd be more than welcome. I no longer discuss personal things about me publicly, but am quite happy to chat to you privately.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: DS thread #101

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 am

wizzywick wrote:
Guest wrote:Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.


Amazon use their own delivery system and Royal Mail. Others use Hermes or Yodel because it's cheap. The online business will continue to grow because it has altered the high street and shops they used to frequent are slowly disappearing. You can organise a courier service for as little as £3.00.

Hilda, i genuinely have been wondering how you are. It's been a while since we caught up. You should PM me on the Trifle forum, you'd be more than welcome. I no longer discuss personal things about me publicly, but am quite happy to chat to you privately.


Hi I am too tired at the moment to give a full reply but I am surprised at your offer as I thought your forum was almost exclusively for tory supporting brexiters??!! I obviously am neither!

I'm not sure many of your existing posters would be pleased at me turning up there surely??
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am

Guest wrote:I can’t decide who is more retarded.
Miranda or Forza?

:dunno:

I would add James Frederick and Waldo to the list of DS oddballs.
User avatar
guest
 

Re: DS thread #101

Postby wizzywick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:07 am

Guest wrote:
wizzywick wrote:
Guest wrote:Wizzywick Hilda here thanks for replying.

One of the things in my mind is not just the consumers or customers in this situation but the increasing amount of people who make a living out of selling stuff online whether it be amazon eBay or some other online company or service. How do you see the future for the increasing number of people who occupy this growing sector of the economy if there are fewer post offices and post office services in the future? Is there a case for targeted government subsidy of the service in future in order to support people who make a living this way?

My niece supplements her income by selling used in good condition but no longer wanted household items on ebay. She puts up a list of items about three times a year after a clearout. She doesn't make a fortune on it but it does help out and make a difference as well as some of it being used to save up in her holiday fund for an Annual staycation.

I do wonder how this group of workers will fare in the future.


Amazon use their own delivery system and Royal Mail. Others use Hermes or Yodel because it's cheap. The online business will continue to grow because it has altered the high street and shops they used to frequent are slowly disappearing. You can organise a courier service for as little as £3.00.

Hilda, i genuinely have been wondering how you are. It's been a while since we caught up. You should PM me on the Trifle forum, you'd be more than welcome. I no longer discuss personal things about me publicly, but am quite happy to chat to you privately.


Hi I am too tired at the moment to give a full reply but I am surprised at your offer as I thought your forum was almost exclusively for tory supporting brexiters??!! I obviously am neither!

I'm not sure many of your existing posters would be pleased at me turning up there surely??


Our members just want debate, without weird moderation. Opposing views have always been welcome. You would be welcome. It's a misconception that the forum is full of Tories and Brexiteers. It isn't.

That's the trouble with giving the impression that you are a "safe space", It creates more ridicule and attracts interest for the wrong reasons. It is also counter productive.
User avatar
wizzywick
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests