RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Dean » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am

Punk wrote:
Dean wrote:Oh well... :bawlin:

My liver is overjoyed that this World Cup is almost over. We wasn’t quite good enough when it mattered. Fair play to Croatia, I hope they go on and win it now...

I can't stand it when we lose to a poor decision or cheats but yesterday they outplayed us after the first 20 minutes, Southgate failed to bite the bullet and sub Kane, who looked dead on his feet before Sterling was subbed, Ali should have been taken off for Loftus-Cheek and Young had a stinker. At least the team have that awful taste of a semi-final defeat and they will never want that again. Overall England have given their fans a new enthusiasm for the team.

Yeah, I agree with what you’ve said. We were outplayed from half time onwards
Dean

Postby Punk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 am

Dean wrote:
Punk wrote:
Dean wrote:Oh well... :bawlin:

My liver is overjoyed that this World Cup is almost over. We wasn’t quite good enough when it mattered. Fair play to Croatia, I hope they go on and win it now...

I can't stand it when we lose to a poor decision or cheats but yesterday they outplayed us after the first 20 minutes, Southgate failed to bite the bullet and sub Kane, who looked dead on his feet before Sterling was subbed, Ali should have been taken off for Loftus-Cheek and Young had a stinker. At least the team have that awful taste of a semi-final defeat and they will never want that again. Overall England have given their fans a new enthusiasm for the team.

Yeah, I agree with what you’ve said. We were outplayed from half time onwards

That was the only time Southgate had really messed up by not taking the serious decision to remove Kane and or Ali, I know they are great players but when they are exhausted, get them off. The shots on target stat said it all, Croatia 7 England 1 near the end of extra time.
Punk

Postby banana chewits » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

i watched the match on mute & switched off after croatia's second goal. it's a shame the dream is over but it was nice while it lasted. france to win now, i don't think england will beat belgium but the team did well to get as far as they did.
banana chewits

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Well played England - reaching a WC semi final is a fine achievement, albeit on the soft side of an unbalanced draw, against fellow journeyman teams. Once again though, they looked short of ideas and ran out of steam after a promising start. No creativity, and very little pace, outside of Stirling, who was useless on the ball. Kudos to the team though for getting as far as they did with limited resources.

The third place play-off is shit, no one wants to play in it. Teams are remembered for making the semis, and not who came third and who came fourth. It's just a glorified friendly between two knackered teams, who can't wait to be on the plane home.

Re the final, I'm fairly hopeful of a French win, but won't count any chickens just yet. All three of Croatia's knock-out games went to extra time, that's 90 minutes of intense football, an extra high energy-sapping game if you like, whereas France won all their three inside 90 minutes. Croatia looked like they picked up a few injuries as well last night, IIRC France didn't have any. Plus France get the extra day to prepare.

Any of France's ko round opponents, Argentina, Uruguay, and Belgium would have caused more problems in the final than Croatia probably will (or England would have done). Take Modric out, and Croatia are very ordinary, and he's looking out on his feet anyway. In any case, all France have to do is put Kante on him and let their own flair players control midfield. On paper, the final has a bit of a one-sided look about it. I can't wait to see Mbappe, Griezmann and Pogba terrorise the Croatian defence! Giroud's due a goal as well. Of course it doesn't always work out how you think it will, but at this stage, France and their supporters must be very confident.

Vive La France!
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:44 pm

It’s not just about football techniques and tactics though, this upswell of positivity for the England team has been about their attitude and determination to succeed despite their inexperience and the odds against them.
Nobody’s negativity can dampen that.

Vive La England Football Team!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Timbo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Vicks wrote:You must be one of the few who haven't heard of the place.

Anyway..

It looks like someone is trying to intimidate me and it's not going to work.

Oh and Dean...

Remember the first of Rangers ten thousand qualifiers for the Europa League is on the telly tonight.

:rangers:

We still have a good giggle over the last time you currants were in Europe :leer:
Timbo

Postby BUDGIE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Vicks wrote:Nasty little cow?
Hateful?
Malicious?

I think you lot are getting just a teeny weeny bit carried away with yourselves.

Someone has posted my mother's name, my aunt's name and my full name and address again.

Now i wonder who did that?

:header:

It wasn't me. Im banned from CM and a member of no other forum than this. So fuck off with your shit-stirring you pathetic attention seeking cow... :trollface:
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby BUDGIE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm

What a wonderful world cup this has been.

England dominated Croatia first half then fell away...

I think I stopped laughing about 6AM.
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby BUDGIE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Timbo wrote:
We still have a good giggle over the last time you currants were in Europe :leer:

She wouldn't know, she's never been to a game...

The planet of the apes will be put out of the CL just as quickly :trollface:
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Vicks wrote:Anyway...

I've got better things to do with my time.

:Hiya:

Really, What's that then? you fucking live on forums.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Vicks wrote:
Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:Nasty little cow?
Hateful?
Malicious?

I think you lot are getting just a teeny weeny bit carried away with yourselves.

Someone has posted my mother's name, my aunt's name and my full name and address again.

Now i wonder who did that?

:header:

Posted it where?

You must be one of the few who haven't heard of the place.

Anyway..

It looks like someone is trying to intimidate me and it's not going to work.

Oh and Dean...

Remember the first of Rangers ten thousand qualifiers for the Europa League is on the telly tonight.

:rangers:

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't vicky posting it herself, she likes to play the victim

Postby RealGuest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Lol, you drama queen!

Of course you have to say that or she'll ban you from that pissant little forum she's a modding :mrgreen:

Just to clarify - that ^^^ ? .... wasn't me! :gigglesnshit:

How come when someone is attacking vicky it's hardly ever a member and never a female one. But always a guest...Bit cowardly that innit?
RealGuest

Postby Nucks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Is this the closest England has come to winning since they last won the cup? I can see why so many had their hopes up. It was very quiet at work today, most of the lads are heavily into football.
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm

BUDGIE wrote:What a wonderful world cup this has been.

England dominated Croatia first half then fell away...

I think I stopped laughing about 6AM.

Why?
Gabby

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

keep it the fuck out of the world cup thread

go spit your poison on your own fucking forum

got it?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms