Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:28 pm

I’d be very happy if they found any kind of life in our own solar system
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby 3rdLeg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 pm

The Sarge wrote:The fact that aliens have never visited the Earth is proof positive that intelligent life does exist out there. :more beer:

Did Polio, smallpox or even the common cold exist before it was identified by science? It was around, same as the above, they are around, it is my belief they have been here, just need the science community to get over their fear of being ostricised and look into the phenonema for real.

This is an interesting read, interesting because it confirms a real interest that what we are looking at ain't just flying plastic, swamp gas and balloons, instead somethng real and unexplained.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html
3rdLeg

Postby jra » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 pm

LordRaven wrote:I’d be very happy if they found any kind of life in our own solar system

If not there, probability alone dictates there should be life elsewhere in the Universe IMO.
jra

Postby calitom » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 pm

The enormity of the universe.Unfathomable.
Unless we figure out a way to travel that is realllly fast we arent gonna be visiting any stars.
And unless the supposed intelligent life out there developed a really fast way to travel then they are visiting us anytime soon.
Of course those aliens may have a life span of thousands of years.Who knows??
calitom

Postby jra » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 am

calitom wrote:The enormity of the universe.Unfathomable.
Unless we figure out a way to travel that is realllly fast we arent gonna be visiting any stars.
And unless the supposed intelligent life out there developed a really fast way to travel then they are visiting us anytime soon.

IIRC Isaac Asimov reckoned there were 650000 intelligent species in the Milky Way alone, but as far as we know, none have visited Earth due to the immense distances involved.
jra

Postby calitom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 pm

jra wrote:

IIRC Isaac Asimov reckoned there were 650000 intelligent species in the Milky Way alone, but as far as we know, none have visited Earth due to the immense distances involved.

Can you imagine they make it all the way to earth then land in New jersey?? or Luton?
calitom

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:41 pm

calitom wrote:
jra wrote:

Can you imagine they make it all the way to earth then land in New jersey?? or Luton?

They already know not to.
McAz

Postby jra » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:42 pm

McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
jra wrote:

They already know not to land where both of you live as well.
jra

Postby McAz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:47 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
jra wrote:

There isn't two of me. :ooer:
McAz

Postby jra » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 am

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
jra wrote:IIRC Isaac Asimov reckoned there were 650000 intelligent species in the Milky Way alone, but as far as we know, none have visited Earth due to the immense distances involved.

I was responding to both you and calitom. :brickwall: Any alien life form with the capability and technology to travel to Planet Nobody/Waste of Space aka Earth will realize the average human being, let alone other life forms, is too thick to be worth bothering with. A bit like comparing a dolphin (them) with an amoeba (us).
jra

Postby McAz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 am

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:They already know not to land where both of you live as well.

I was responding to both you and calitom. :brickwall: Any alien life form with the capability and technology to travel to Planet Nobody/Waste of Space aka Earth will realize the average human being, let alone other life forms, is too thick to be worth bothering with. A bit like comparing a dolphin (them) with an amoeba (us).

I know, I was joshing you. :roll:

I happen to agree - but would add that no technologically advanced civilisation would need to physically travel the vast distances of space in order to pursue their scientific exploration of the universe.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 pm

We appear to be being directly targeted with high energy particles from a single source:

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/e ... t1378.full
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Stooo wrote:We appear to be being directly targeted with high energy particles from a single source:

I can't pretend I understood every nuance of your link... :smilin:

...but the implied significance of your summarising comment is very interesting.
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:34 am

Stooo wrote:We appear to be being directly targeted with high energy particles from a single source:

I created a shortcut to that entitled 'something about neutrinos'.
jra

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:29 am

Having (tried to) read that link I think I now understand the levels of intelligence of the genii who managed to do all the calculations for the Rosetta/Philae mission.
Clever people.
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to Science And Technology