Random Stuff Part 22

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Dean » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:04 pm

You don’t know what first means?
Dean

Postby Holly » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Dean wrote:You don’t know what first means?

First for what? :dunno:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:04 am

:roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby jra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 am

Guest wrote:Cornwall and Devon are very hilly, so you'll have to plan on being physically fit in your old age if you want to retire there.

You've not lived in the Welsh Valleys I take it. Admittedly it does generally have a younger demographic.

Most elderly infirm/disabled people will either get a bus (with free bus pass) or a taxi to get where they need to go.
jra

Postby Dean » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:04 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:Cornwall and Devon are very hilly, so you'll have to plan on being physically fit in your old age if you want to retire there.

You've not lived in the Welsh Valleys I take it. Admittedly it does generally have a younger demographic.

Most elderly infirm/disabled people will either get a bus (with free bus pass) or a taxi to get where they need to go.

So they’ll get a bus between shops too? Pop into Asda. Get a bus to the charity shop. Get a bus to the butchers. Get a bus to the post office...

You don’t half talk some shite... fucking idiot... :off head:
Dean

Postby jra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 am

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
That depends on where you are living.

It was lovely when you were a kid/teenager in those days, outside of the larger towns, not so good then and now when you're an adult, especially out of tourist season.

For example.

Places like the Torbay area (Torquay, Brixham, Paignton) are like any other large towns. Same with Plymouth and Exeter. IMO.

Outside of those areas, the house prices are generally extortionate, over-run with tourists in the summer (particularly July and August), the roads are gridlocked (Devon has a poor road infrastructure) in tourist season, in winter many places are like ghost towns (e.g. there are many empty second homes), the public transport infrastructure is poor, with many places having infrequent train/bus services or none at all.

I'm used to London bus frequencies during the day weekdays (not so good in the evening, Sundays), a 24/7 train service (other than Sunday mornings) to/from London and a 24/7 coach service to/from London (even on Christmas Day).

I ended up in the south east because of IT work, as wages were so much lower in the south west at the time. South Devon was a great place to have your childhood back in the day, now it is more a good place to retire, if you have got lots of money and want a (relatively) quiet life and can stand the tourist season traffic.

Many parts of Devon have been spoilt due to their own success.

Torbay is separate towns linked by A roads, you might as well include Newton Abbot in the mix. Brixham is split between cow town and fish town and parts of it aren't ven in the Torbay constituency, it's mainly retirees, trawlermen and out of work youths, it's half the distance and twice the road time to Exeter for me. Paignton has industry and needles on the sandy beaches, the main drag is dead off season and there is a Plymouth Uni campus there. Torquay gets busier during the season but the main streets are shit, a lot of people commute to work. It's also a magnet for stag and hen parties.

Plymouth? Matelots, prostitutes and mental nights out. Exeter is slower and classier but all in all a really nice city.

You're from the Salcombe area IIRC?

Well remembered stooo.

Bloody good chilli farm down that way :drool:

I worked a bit in Kingsbridge and the surrounding area but I have never lived there, Dartmouth is pretty cool but I think that South Devon is pretty vibrant on the whole.

I'm sure the larger towns are fairly vibrant, but outside of those not what I would call particularly vibrant, especially out of season. If I had the money I think I'd opt for somewhere around Kingsbridge, Salcombe or Dartmouth. However, I do like to live very near London, but I don't think I would actually like to live in London itself. House prices for a start are even more extortionate than Devon or Cornwall.
jra

Postby jra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

So they’ll get a bus between shops too? Pop into Asda. Get a bus to the charity shop. Get a bus to the butchers. Get a bus to the post office...

Troll, bollox post by you. Trust you to come along and ruin a perfectly reasonable discussion.
jra

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Troll, bollox post by you. Trust you to come along and ruin a perfectly reasonable discussion.

Don't Feed The Troll jr.a... :thumbsup:
Rockstar

Postby Gabby » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Said the troll... :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Were you on standby? :gigglesnshit: :pmsl:
Rockstar

Postby Gabby » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Rockstar wrote:Were you on standby? :gigglesnshit: :pmsl:

Story of my life! :laughing:
Gabby

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

But what he said was true.
How did he ruin anything jra?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Punk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm

2kind wrote:What is, are "Fuds," as mentioned by my good friend Budgie?

Scots
Etymology
Akin to Old Norse fuð and German Fotze.

Noun
fud (plural fuds)

(vulgar) Cunt (vagina).
(vulgar, slang, pejorative) Idiot.
"Howey wi ye coupla fuds!"
The tail of a hare or rabbit.
The buttocks.

Take your pick, obviously if it is a shovel you are fucked. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

Postby jra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

But what he said was true.
How did he ruin anything jra?

BIB. You reckon. Have you ever visited Devon, let alone lived there?
If not in either case, I suggest you bow out.

stooo and me. Polite discussion.
Dean. You don’t half talk some shite... fucking idiot... . You do the maths.
jra

Postby Punk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Poo joggers

https://mashable.com/2018/06/06/poo-jog ... ngB27p1qqH

:leer:

A man alleged to have spent the last year pooping on his neighbour's property has been charged by Australian police.

As reported by the Courier-Mail, the 64-year-old Brisbane man dubbed the "poo jogger" is an executive at a retirement village and investment group. :yikes:
Punk

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive