Can we give up plastic?

Re: Can we give up plastic?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I have an allergy to latex.
Would hemp condoms be any use?

It is hard to figure out. If you want to avoid pregnancy, don't have sex.

My son has a starnge aversion to rubber. I always enjoyed shotting the band. Place on forefinger, wrap around thumb, hold with other fingers and then :shoot:

Big fearty runs any time it even looks like I have the intention of point it in his direction. Not that I have ever let it fly. It is something he doesn't like, so I don't tease (well okay pointing it is a bit of teasing) or provoke, his whatever insecurity it is he has with rubber.

There are times during a cycle when a womans fertility is practically 0. Mid month cramping is the egg being released. Takes about a week to reach the womb. Though generally fertalisation happens during the transit in the philopian (however it is spelled) tube.

First ended up being an autopic pregancy and foetus was aborted at 20 somthing weeks.

I think the mass of cell division causes the egg to settle before it reaches it's destination?

What about a small plastic bag? Oh, that's right thread is about living without plastic.

Sorry LM can't think of any substitutes? Haven't used one since, well I don't know if it could be considered losing my virginity since, nm

Plastic, yeh. Ookaay :again?:

Condoms aren’t just for avoiding pregnancy.
Did you mean ectopic pregnancy? It’s when the fertilised egg settles in the Fallopian tubes instead of the womb so is a danger to the pregnant woman.
Small plastic bag? Lol!
What did people use before latex?
Pigs bladder?
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

My son has a starnge aversion to rubber. I always enjoyed shotting the band. Place on forefinger, wrap around thumb, hold with other fingers and then :shoot:

Big fearty runs any time it even looks like I have the intention of point it in his direction. Not that I have ever let it fly. It is something he doesn't like, so I don't tease (well okay pointing it is a bit of teasing) or provoke, his whatever insecurity it is he has with rubber.

There are times during a cycle when a womans fertility is practically 0. Mid month cramping is the egg being released. Takes about a week to reach the womb. Though generally fertalisation happens during the transit in the philopian (however it is spelled) tube.

First ended up being an autopic pregancy and foetus was aborted at 20 somthing weeks.

I think the mass of cell division causes the egg to settle before it reaches it's destination?

What about a small plastic bag? Oh, that's right thread is about living without plastic.

Sorry LM can't think of any substitutes? Haven't used one since, well I don't know if it could be considered losing my virginity since, nm

Did you mean ectopic pregnancy? It’s when the fertilised egg settles in the Fallopian tubes instead of the womb so is a danger to the pregnant woman.
Small plastic bag? Lol!
Pigs bladder?

Sheep's intestines.
jra

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Small plastic bag? Lol!
Pigs bladder?

:thumbsup: They say writing it down helps :dunno: ectopic, ectopic, ectopic. Fallopian, fallopian, fallopian. Yeh hay did it teice with out checking. See if it holds long term?

Not all viruses are stopped using protection. And a few negate any reason to use protection. With such a lack of education in sexually transmited diseases it can bring a faulse sence of security. One instance is how many people check the product hasen't been punctured by improoper handling, or prologned vigorus activity (A bit far fetched. You never know how much of a surpriese you could get?).

So small plastic bags are not an option then! So the school yard song was a load of bollocks then *throw my hands up*
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:12 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Small plastic bag? Lol!
Pigs bladder?

Sheep's intestines.

Heard of the pigs bladder, not the intestines.

I was thinking of that plastic alternative the made from the shells of prawns. But thought it best not mention. Then again that is usually a sign of an infection i heard easily cured with yogurt? :dunno: No significant experience across the board. 99% theoretical. Not sure if I should be proud or lament?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:16 pm

jra

Just had a giggle thinking about your avitar. Shit happens to other people, I have not come accross a word which describes what happens to me?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
Holly wrote:I'm glad NZ has finally banned plastic straws...just look what it does to our wild life :bawlin:

I seriously hope we get rid of all plastic. FGS, We don't need it!

Don't worry, the Chinese will dump more plastic in the ocean in the next 45 minutes than NZ did during the last decade.

Any body seen the carcus of a whale filled with plastic?

The catastrophy is just that it kills. It is that it dose it repeatedly. When an animal sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Once all the flesh has been consumed. The plastic that caused it to sterve or drown floats back to the surface to repeat the killing spree.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:34 pm

I used to use one bin, the smalest you can get. And that was mostly filled with nappies. I never brought as much plastic in as seems to be now. It seems 90% of my rubbish is plastic. I don't like the stuff on my windows, or any other goods. The stuff is insidious. Bisphenol A and B, phalates (I know that is the wrong spelling, but is certainly no pilates) dioxins, and many othrr toxins we breath in all the time. And absorb through our skin.

It is recycled underlay. It is a high insulate. It fn stinks! I actually deliberatly made a mess to get rid of the smell.
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:10 pm

I think we sang different songs in the yard art.
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:jra

Just had a giggle thinking about your avitar. Shit happens to other people, I have not come accross a word which describes what happens to me?

It's an expression from Father Ted - Series 3 - Speed 3. One of my favourites comedies.

Father Ted - Shit Happens

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8TuHVpVeI

The sticker was originally attached to Pat Mustard the milkman's van earlier in the episode.

phpBB [video]

https://vimeo.com/131341937

2:20 mins in. Then right at the end.
jra

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 pm

jra wrote:

It's an expression from Father Ted - Series 3 - Speed 3. One of my favourites comedies.

phpBB [video]

The sticker was originally attached to Pat Mustard the milkman's van earlier in the episode.

phpBB [video]

The program I distinctly remember was his moustache while tourists visited.

And when Dogal had a laps of faith. Been using fek as an expletive ever since. Not seen an entire series! If I don't drop dead working, and am stuck in a bed or a chair. I will watch all the series I have missed across genre then. Slapstick seems to have a short lived humourous effect on me now?

Who did Reverend I am Jolly?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Thought Ricky Fulton just as I posted that. Comfirmed with a search. Can't post vids :(
art0hur0moh

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 am

art0hur0moh wrote:Thought Ricky Fulton just as I posted that. Comfirmed with a search. Can't post vids :(

Here you go, probably Rikki Fulton's funniest character. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Hullo
phpBB [video]

Pished
phpBB [video]

Postby jra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

The program I distinctly remember was his moustache while tourists visited.

And when Dogal had a laps of faith. Been using fek as an expletive ever since. Not seen an entire series! If I don't drop dead working, and am stuck in a bed or a chair. I will watch all the series I have missed across genre then. Slapstick seems to have a short lived humourous effect on me now?

Who did Reverend I am Jolly?

Just keep an eye on Amazon for the box set (all three series plus the Christmas special), plus some extras. One of the best British comedies made in a long time along with Only Fools And Horses and Red Dwarf (smeg/smeg head).

Can Kryten Swear? - Red Dwarf - BBC

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKlC8ph7mM
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Plastic is a very versatile material for the modern consumer world.
We don't need to give it up we need to change how it is made and what it is made from.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Instead of giving them up we need to change what they're made from.
Hemp.
Mass planting on a global scale would give us all the paper and plastic and diesel we need.
It'll grow in every country on almost any soil with no chemicals and it improves the soil and saves the forests.

An excellent plan, I must thank you when I'm starving to death for coming up with it. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs