The Junk Box

Big Threads

Re: The Junk Box

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Hobbit wrote:Just to clarify I actually said that I would be happy to work as forum support (in fact I suggested it) before I was modded, when Stooo first suggested it to me

you people really have no idea about me at all, but carry on making your assumptions if it helps you

and please stop talking about me like I'm not here, this is a forum not a debating society

Why are you modding, it seems to make you angry. Do you really need that?

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Hobbit wrote:Just to clarify I actually said that I would be happy to work as forum support (in fact I suggested it) before I was modded, when Stooo first suggested it to me

you people really have no idea about me at all, but carry on making your assumptions if it helps you

and please stop talking about me like I'm not here, this is a forum not a debating society

Why are you modding, it seems to make you angry. Do you really need that?

as I said - you people really have no idea about me

the people who actually know me in real life know that I rarely get angry, but again if your assumptions help you then go for it
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:The resurrection of "Forum Support" might have been the wiser course. :dunno:

Yeah, it went so well last time...

The idea is sound enough especially if it's confined to approving guest posts and general tidying up duties - and no public egos to make things worse.

Is this a clumsy attempt at suggesting Hobbit should have only been asked to help out as Forum Support?

I see you've clocked up yet another full day of sentient Dogs vigilance, whilst dispensing your (imagined) pearls of wisdom and (completely unsolicited) advice on how people should behave and how things should run here.

Like or loathe Murasaki, at least she doesn't shy away from clearly stating what she has a problem with. Unlike the persistent background noise of your constant whining and sneering, masquerading as 'logic' and 'guidance'.

Cannot stand mealy-mouthed, self-important, meddlesome old windbags like you :roll:

If only you'd learn to wait for the conversation to develop before jumping in then all would become clear to you. Try not to let your vagina do your thinking for you, sweetheart. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 pm

measurer wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:The resurrection of "Forum Support" might have been the wiser course. :dunno:

Well I will add, that wasn't me. :cuppaT: :gigglesnshit: :Hiya:

Tru dat :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm

measurer wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Well I will add, that wasn't me. :cuppaT: :gigglesnshit: :Hiya:

We know. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Abs wrote:Wow that was a lot to wade through, Az you did give some good advice :thumbsup: but other than that.....

I guess i'm the only person who didn't get an invite to the other forum, do I get a prize? But seriously the other day my mother asked me if I still posted on forums. I said "well, I only started going back recently, but holy shit! I see the same stuff that's been going on forever." I said, "the same people have been fighting about the same crap for over a decade and these are adults." I said it's so off-putting, that I haven't really posted much." It's hard to believe that some of these people are adults, kind of blows my mind. I told her about the forum wars and how some people, (a lot it seems) can't let things go. I've seen this happen on so many forums and can't believe that it still goes on after all these years. It's like a soap opera, you can go away for years and come back and see the same stuff different people and not have missed anything. Isn't there anyone willing to stop and just let old crap go? Can't people start anew?

I see a lot of new posters here now since I used to post or at least maybe just new names. I don't read the crap I see about any new names as I never go by what others say, I always have to see for myself and make up my own mind. I like some of the new ones and some of the old. Lady M, I always liked you and thought you as a decent poster, but I don't like what I see lately. Can YOU be 1 who CAN let things go?? Rocky! holy crap! What the hell got into you. I like the old "Rocky & Dean" show better. You hopped up on those energy drinks? lol It's hard to see people I like, having such negative words toward another person I like. Through the years of watching this happen, I've changed my feeling toward another, it's like whoaaa I wouldn't hang with people who did some of the things I've seen or heard. So yes it's hard and even more when you see new people and you are trying to see what kind of people they are, and then you see one who you think is cool until you see something they said over and over and you have to maybe re-think them being cool. :bawlin: I know we can't all get along but we can all be civil can't we?

Outside of a few doxings, has anyone really ever done anything to another? I mean really harm them? I mean it's just words on a forum, at the end of the day, it's not even real. I know it's hard not to bite when goaded but you CAN do it. If you don't like someones persona here, just ignore them. It would be nice though if people could just let the old crap go and start anew. I'm not asking for a knitting forum lol I don't mind the banter but all this other crap back and forth of accusing someone and the crap about the other forum. Damn! I guess it's too much to ask if everyone could just let that go? Try something new for once? And lastly pleeeeeese Budgie and Jobless, can you take the "Budgie & Jo show back over to CM? So hard to wade through all that boring, annoying crap. :mrgreen: my 2 cents, sorry so long.

Hi Abs. I found it easy to let go go of a lot of the rubbish that used to go on and I still hold a forlorn hope that those with remaining grudges just put them behind, toss them away.

The present crap is because certain people on here don't like Hobbit mainly, but Hobbit stepped up to the plate because we needed help and she is one of the (semi) sane posters on here. Dean offered but modding from a phone is a pain in the arse and the three of us left were stressing about who could help (we're all old and have bits dropping off). Lady M was asked and turned us down (in retrospect one of her better decisions) and Hobbit was asked. Not one of her detractors bothered to offer to help at what was a difficult time.

I might have offered help, but I wasn't asked, nor did I get that memo BIB.

I learn't from DTV never to ask to be mod/admin. That was done via PM, as I'm around in the early hours. But, it was made public, and I got a burning. So, basically I got a kick in the teeth.
Last edited by jra on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby Vam » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Didn't see that ^^ before I posted.

2 further points...

Stooo is very lucky to have you on the team. You're sharply observant, highly intelligent, and funny as fuck (...and succinct! :gigglesnshit: )

I'm getting sick of the sight of people who don't pay a cent to keep the hamster fed here, trying to dictate to admin how things should roll :roll:

If it's not M, it's fricking Az or Red. Every sodding day ... :roll:
Vam

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 pm

I was good at talking like an automaton !!! pmsl
measurer

Postby Nucks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 pm

What’s the difference between modding and forum support? Anonymity?
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 pm

measurer wrote:I was good at talking like an automaton !!! pmsl

Hello, you’re through to dogs complaint department. Please, don’t leave a message, we don’t give a fuck.

:thumbsup:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 pm

:pmsl:

I couldn't ever mod or FS here Mes....I'd wipe out half these whingy fuckers in a nanosecond :shoot:
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:54 pm

NastyNickers wrote:

Hello, you’re through to dogs complaint department. Please, don’t leave a message, we don’t give a fuck.

press 1 to fuck off

press 2 to fuck off

press 3 to fuck off some more
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Yep...

McAz wrote:As an alternative then I would seek to discourage the us (admin) and them (the members) culture that some, including myself, perceive to be developing on here.
Last edited by McAz on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Vam wrote:

Didn't see that ^^ before I posted.

2 further points...

Stooo is very lucky to have you on the team. You're sharply observant, highly intelligent, and funny as fuck (...and succinct! :gigglesnshit: )

I'm getting sick of the sight of people who don't pay a cent to keep the hamster fed here, trying to dictate to admin how things should roll :roll:

If it's not M, it's fricking Az or Red. Every sodding day ... :roll:

It's part and parcel of the job. Dare I say it 'shit happens'.

I've modded and been an admin on a fair few forums back in the day and basically you have to deal with all sorts of shit. Can't handle that, don't do it.
jra

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Hobbit wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

press 1 to fuck off

press 2 to fuck off

press 3 to fuck off some more

NastyNickers

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive