The Junk Box

Big Threads

Re: The Junk Box

Postby jra » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Hobbit wrote:
jra wrote:Bit of advice from an admin/mod point of view.

Sometimes you have to separate yourself from being a standard poster and being an admin/mod. Even on a board like this no admin/mod should verbally abuse any of their posters. This is general forum etiquette. Tell them to stop doing what they are doing, even ban them, but don't call them cunts or tell them to fuck off etc.

fuck off c**t

(see what I did)

Indeed. Can I tell you to fuck off you Cunt in a nice way? Did you see what I did their (sp) with Cunt rather than cunt. Word filters. They'll never catch on.
Last edited by jra on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:09 pm

measurer wrote:
McAz wrote:
Nucks wrote:What’s the difference between modding and forum support? Anonymity?

Not necessarily - the difference perhaps can be likened to the difference between a daily and a wife. A daily cannot give you earache arising from their incessant ego or ban you from the marital bed. :laughing:

It IS anonymity! And if ur fucking the daily, she can give you earache and withhold sex just as much as the wife! :slap:

It doesn't have to be anonymous -it just was last time (except that it wasn't :gigglesnshit :)

You'r daily provides sex and earache? :yikes: Message me her number, I'm hiring. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:09 pm

jra wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
jra wrote:Bit of advice from an admin/mod point of view.

Sometimes you have to separate yourself from being a standard poster and being an admin/mod. Even on a board like this no admin/mod should verbally abuse any of their posters. This is general forum etiquette. Tell them to stop doing what they are doing, even ban them, but don't call them cunts or tell them to fuck off etc.

fuck off c**t

(see what I did)

Indeed. Can I tell you to fuck off you c**t in a nice way?

sure - you're just doing it to try to be edgy

it's quite endearing
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Text » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Vamonos you're always jibbering on about how Claire's forum is a ''nasty secret shithole'' but you were the most profilic poster on there. Everyone says so.
You used her forum to bitch your head off, about people like me who had no right of reply.

Now you are calling her forum every name under the sun, having used it as a platform to launch unseen attacks on everyone you disliked.
I am not a member there and if they are attacking this place, i disagree with that but who are you to preach from your high horse?
If it's a secret bitching site now, it was exactly the same when you were using it to attack people behind their backs everyday. Hypocrite!
Text

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:10 pm

fucking hell

there's no show without punch
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby dis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:10 pm

McAz wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
McAz wrote:
Hobbit wrote:Just to clarify I actually said that I would be happy to work as forum support (in fact I suggested it) before I was modded, when Stooo first suggested it to me

you people really have no idea about me at all, but carry on making your assumptions if it helps you

and please stop talking about me like I'm not here, this is a forum not a debating society

Yep...

McAz wrote:As an alternative then I would seek to discourage the us (admin) and them (the members) culture that some, including myself, perceive to be developing on here.

oh do piss off please

you in that sense is a generic term and refers to everyone that doesn't actually know me, nothing to do with admin and non-admin

funny the only people that perceive they are treated differently are the ones that are twats to me

In your Admin role you are here to help out, not to be "known" or "understood". It's not about "you".

I think of admin as posters before admin, I like that they all have their own way of modding and aye, they have a job to do but I still see them as any other poster.
dis

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:11 pm

JRA? This isn't your ordinary run of the mill forum, and THAT is the difference. Call me whatever and believe me, I can call you worse and boot your arse while doing so. You don't know the one Cardinal rule here? It is this - "Do not piss the Admin off"!!
measurer

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Text wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:The resurrection of "Forum Support" might have been the wiser course. :dunno:

Yeah, it went so well last time...

The idea is sound enough especially if it's confined to approving guest posts and general tidying up duties - and no public egos to make things worse.

Is this a clumsy attempt at suggesting Hobbit should have only been asked to help out as Forum Support?

I see you've clocked up yet another full day of sentient Dogs vigilance, whilst dispensing your (imagined) pearls of wisdom and (completely unsolicited) advice on how people should behave and how things should run here.

Like or loathe Murasaki, at least she doesn't shy away from clearly stating what she has a problem with. Unlike the persistent background noise of your constant whining and sneering, masquerading as 'logic' and 'guidance'.

Cannot stand mealy-mouthed, self-important, meddlesome old windbags like you :roll:

Like he gives a fuck whether you can stand him or not.
He is harmlessly giving his opinion on how to improve things on here and you are giving him grief for choosing his words carefully?
Would you prefer him to be full-on offensive? Then you'd moan too.

Have you been bitching and barking orders to some of your members on your tin pot forum? :off head:

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Hobbit wrote:
McAz wrote:In your Admin role you are here to help out, not to be "known" or "understood". It's not about "you".

what a dick :pmsl: :pmsl:

if it's not about me then perhaps people should stop talking about me - just a thought

Proof of pudding... :roll:

Hobbit wrote:you people really have no idea about me at all, but carry on making your assumptions if it helps you
Last edited by McAz on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Previous

Return to The Archive