Is Italy about to crash the EU?

Re: Is Italy about to crash the EU?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:52 am

Trapper John wrote:The entire EU is in crisis, has been for decades. Like Nero, the fat burghers of Brussels fiddle whilst it burns and their minions frantically beat at the flames trying to hold back the inevitable.

The EU is a dying monster, it's out of control and will bring anyone within spitting distance down with it when it goes. The sooner we cut loose the better.

There’s a worldwide migrant crisis, probably because of climate changes as well as local politics.
Everything else is just gravy. Blaming Brussels for everything that’s gone wrong isn’t going to wash.
It’s just burying your head in the sand.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:10 am

Trapper John wrote:The entire EU is in crisis, has been for decades. Like Nero, the fat burghers of Brussels fiddle whilst it burns and their minions frantically beat at the flames trying to hold back the inevitable.

The EU is a dying monster, it's out of control and will bring anyone within spitting distance down with it when it goes. The sooner we cut loose the better.

:off head:

No the EU is not in crisis. Where do you get your information from?
Punk

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:39 am

Punk wrote:

It's a despairing cry from the far-right.

There are five recognised candidates for future membership of the European Union: Turkey (applied in 14 April 1987), Macedonia (applied in 22 March 2004), Montenegro (applied in 2008), Albania (applied in 2009), and Serbia (applied in 2009). All except Albania and Macedonia have started accession negotiations.

Turkey are, of course, very unlikely to be accepted.

In 2014 the EU signed Association Agreements with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, and the European Parliament passed a resolution recognising the "European perspective" of all three countries.

Expansion is the order of the day - far from the imminent collapse the EU opponents (notably Russia and USA) would love to see, for differing reasons.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 pm

It seems that a deal has been struck on Greek debt relief by European leaders, heralding the end of the eight-year bailout effort which followed the financial crisis.

The country is set to exit from its bailout programmes in August this year, and it will no longer receive new funds from outside sources.

More bad news for the naysayers.
Cannydc

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Punk wrote:

It's a despairing cry from the far-right.

There are five recognised candidates for future membership of the European Union: Turkey (applied in 14 April 1987), Macedonia (applied in 22 March 2004), Montenegro (applied in 2008), Albania (applied in 2009), and Serbia (applied in 2009). All except Albania and Macedonia have started accession negotiations.

Turkey are, of course, very unlikely to be accepted.

In 2014 the EU signed Association Agreements with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, and the European Parliament passed a resolution recognising the "European perspective" of all three countries.

Expansion is the order of the day - far from the imminent collapse the EU opponents (notably Russia and USA) would love to see, for
differing reasons.

I bet everyone in the EU is quaking with anticipation and joy at the thought of those mighty economies joining the EU. More bloodsuckers and yet another wave of transcient economic migrants free to suck the life out of the job markets of the west, just the way the slave masters of the EU want it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Cannydc wrote:It seems that a deal has been struck on Greek debt relief by European leaders, heralding the end of the eight-year bailout effort which followed the financial crisis.

The country is set to exit from its bailout programmes in August this year, and it will no longer receive new funds from outside sources.

Why is it bad news?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Cannydc wrote:It seems that a deal has been struck on Greek debt relief by European leaders, heralding the end of the eight-year bailout effort which followed the financial crisis.

Why is it bad news?

Because the naysayers, Russia, USA, Brexiteers - are united in wanting Greece to crash out of the EU. They have similarly targeted Spain (who now enjoy far better growth than the UK) and have also moved on to Italy as their 'great white hope' to smash a united Europe. They all have different reasons, but wish for the same outcome.

But only we have decided that the land of unicorns and fairy dust sounds worth voting for.... And so it will remain.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:32 pm

The UK financial system has the highest exposure to foreign debt in the G7…
Consumer debt is expected to reach 150% of GDP by next year…
We have the highest “risky assets” ratio of any G7 nation…
And we have the least resilient financial system in the UK, according to the New Economics Foundation.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gigabit » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Why do Brexiteers have this obsession with the EU being destroyed and other countries leaving?
Gigabit

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Gigabit wrote:Why do Brexiteers have this obsession with the EU being destroyed and other countries leaving?

Because they have no faith in the institution after decades of it working mostly well and being brainwashed by people who are their idea of clever people. The same people are hoping for a referendum about joining the US dollar.

You can't educate gammon pork...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Biggest bankruptcy in history is drawing closer.
I reckon it will collapse before the end of the year.
In fact before the end of .... October.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Italy?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Please explain how Britain will be better off outside the EU?
It is my opinion that things will get very bad for Britain and I would be delighted to know that beyond the seemingly never ending storm clouds on the horizon that there are perhaps sunnier climes ahead.
So do let me know because I cannot foresee anything good.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm

LordRaven wrote:

It is my opinion that things will get very bad for Britain and I would be delighted to know that beyond the seemingly never ending storm clouds on the horizon that there are perhaps sunnier climes ahead.

If Italy defaults and we're European we will have billions in financial aid but outside there will be no one giving us aid we'll be well and truly on our own and alone.
At the very start of this Brexit nonsense I wrote on here that we were being offered two dead ends and still had to choose.
I said this is way to complicated for me to understand I asked what about the Irish border and was laughed at.
I didn't have enough understanding to vote on the issue so didn't while everyone else knew it all.
That's looking a bit different now but I now wish I had voted remain.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

If Italy defaults and we're European we will have billions in financial aid but outside there will be no one giving us aid we'll be well and truly on our own and alone.
At the very start of this Brexit nonsense I wrote on here that we were being offered two dead ends and still had to choose.
I said this is way to complicated for me to understand I asked what about the Irish border and was laughed at.
I didn't have enough understanding to vote on the issue so didn't while everyone else knew it all.
That's looking a bit different now but I now wish I had voted remain.

Shame you didn't vote, in London and being in the industry I am I just knew that Brexit would make the world perhaps believe that we were no longer the all welcoming friendly nation that we have spent centuries working on, and I expected a mass exodus of -not just europeans -peoples from all over the world who would leave and take their financial and intellectual wealth with them, plus I felt Brexit would stop people coming here.
This I felt would cause a crash in the London housing market and that would have a huge knock on effect, and I thought others would recognise this and I voted Remain with confidence.
I was therefore aghast and nearly choked on my cornflakes on turning on the the TV the next morning to find that Britain had voted to leave the european union.

May has bungled her way long and everything has turned to shit since, and I really do fear for this country. The economy is going down the pan, as is sterling, the country is very divisive and crime is soaring. Things can only get worse.
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs