George Osborne: Tories are sliding towards oblivion

George Osborne: Tories are sliding towards oblivion

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:30 pm

The Conservative Party must find a way to “reconnect with modern Britain” or find a new leader, according to George Osborne, the former chancellor.

In an interview with Michael Wolff for the September issue of GQ magazine, Osborne steps up his attacks on Theresa May, warning that her party faces being “politically screwed” if she does not make changes.

In a stark warning to the party, the former chancellor, a committed remainer, said: “If the Conservative Party does not try to reconnect with modern Britain, with urban, ethnically diverse, sexually diverse Britain, it is politically screwed.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/geor ... -w7d072xsp

Good! They will stay there and be out of office for a generation or more :canny:

Not fit to run a piss up in a brewery!

Change is coming!

:cuppaT:

Re: George Osborne: Tories are sliding towards oblivion

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Presumably when the opposition is 20+ points ahead in the polls, send me a tweet when it happens...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Stooo wrote:Presumably when the opposition is 20+ points ahead in the polls, send me a tweet when it happens...

The proof will come when people are forced to decide in a general election, not in an opinion poll.

In my opinion, enough people will have had enough of this shower to mirror 1997.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:Presumably when the opposition is 20+ points ahead in the polls, send me a tweet when it happens...

The proof will come when people are forced to decide in a general election, not in an opinion poll.

In my opinion, enough people will have had enough of this shower to mirror 1997.

Same old other party shit again then?

It's time that Parliament actually reflected the wishes of the electorate instead of this binary crap all the damn time. Life is not black and white!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

It's time that Parliament actually reflected the wishes of the electorate instead of this binary crap all the damn time. Life is not black and white!

I know you don't like it Stooo, but to get rid of the most divisive, most destructive government in mu lifetime the public will have to vote for a party that can win.

And that's Labour.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

I know you don't like it Stooo, but to get rid of the most divisive, most destructive government in mu lifetime the public will have to vote for a party that can win.

And that's Labour.

How keen are they on election reform or are they happy to subject us to another forty or so years of us and them? You really want this pattern to repeat ad-infinitum?

This is not my idea of representative democracy.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

UKIP would have benefited more under PR than the Lib Dems at the last election. I don't think that a few more Tory lites and even more swiveled eyed loons in parliament would be of benefit to the country tbf.

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

UKIP would have benefited more under PR than the Lib Dems at the last election. I don't think that a few more Tory lites and even more swiveled eyed loons in parliament would be of benefit to the country tbf.

Do you not think that such a percentage of the population should have representation? I'm no fan of any far-right parties but parliamentary exposure and debate would reduce their more abhorrent policies and allow the more sensible parts of those policies to pass into law according to the mandate set.

The present system is shit.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Do you not think that such a percentage of the population should have representation? I'm no fan of any far-right parties but parliamentary exposure and debate would reduce their more abhorrent policies and allow the more sensible parts of those policies to pass into law according to the mandate set.

The present system is shit.

Computer was offered PR.

Computer said NO.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Cannydc wrote:Computer was offered PR.

Computer said NO.

Like brexit?
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs