Climate change?

Climate change?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Is it really because I'm burning wood coal and diesel?
When I read it's the hottest in 250 years then I have to ask what caused it 250 years ago?
This is the hottest weather in Britain and the worst drought ..... since 1961 but lots of people want me to believe this weather is something new and alarming.
Ok the whole northern hemisphere is heat and drought ridden but is it the first time?
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Climate change?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:47 pm

I might have misread the 250 year bit.
Two hundred and fifty years since records began this has been the hottest.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Just be careful about fraud in statistic gathering. How could they possibly have collected data in 2018 the same way they did in 1768.?
Many supposed studies were widely reported-- then found to be fraudulent. University of east Anglia were caught with their pants down not too long ago.

As you were saying about temps being 'as high a long time ago' jack---Temps and CO2 levels were much higher for 10s of thousands of yrs. Before any industrialization at all.
So obviously something other than manmade is the culprit IF we enter a severe warming period. Sun spots,tectonic activity,volcanos.
Does man contribute to increased CO2?? on a relatively small level. Is CO2 bad?? Not necessarily. Is air pollution from factories bad?/Of course. Its poisonous.
But thats another subject.
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Whenever I see a volcano spewing out on the telly I think my van emissions aint that bad at all really.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:57 pm

At the moment slaughter houses are seeing a huge increase in underweight animals coming in for slaughter a lot earlier than usual ... hence the underweight.
The heavy winter and delayed spring meant the grass started growing later than normal and now it has shrivelled to a crisp so farmers can't put animals out to pasture as they would normally.
Last winters food ran out before winter had.
Next winters food is already being used so farmers are culling herds now rather than later when they will be broke.
In some areas farmers are asking water companies for extra water as in tankers for their animals but being told they can only have bottled water!
So the animals are getting the chop.
Vegetarian .... sorry that's struggling too at the moment.
Chicken farming mentioned in another thread but .... that's going to rocket in price too as there isn't enough grain to go around.
Time to seriously stock up and even .... hide some of your stock because lots of people are more interested in sunbathing and drinking beer in this weather so won't take seriously the growig problems.
You'll have stocked up they won't .....
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Tinned food and ready cooked rice as in the microwave stuff.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Is it really because I'm burning wood coal and diesel?
When I read it's the hottest in 250 years then I have to ask what caused it 250 years ago?
This is the hottest weather in Britain and the worst drought ..... since 1961 but lots of people want me to believe this weather is something new and alarming.
Ok the whole northern hemisphere is heat and drought ridden but is it the first time?

Greenland, you numpty.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 pm

We got through mostly unscathed i 1961.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 pm

I'm sure Trump will sell you GM crops for the right price along with Chlorinated chickens. :pmsl:
Or maybe he won't, You can fend for yourselves. :whogives:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Guest wrote:

Greenland, you numpty.

What about Greenland?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm

1976?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:58 pm

This isn't about individual years, it's about global trends over a number of decades.

I can't recall the exact numbers, but about 10 or 11 of the hottest global mean temperatures have occurred in the last 15 years. This year will be right up there.

Also, the percentage of climate scientists agreeing that we have climate change is in the high 90s.

Of course, you can always say that so-called 'experts' should be ignored. Look where that is getting us on Brexit....
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

1976?

Scotland had a wet, miserable summer in 1976. All down to the position of the Jetstream.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm not denying climate change I'm asking is it really down to me and you.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:21 pm

We seem to be constantly hammered with these images of overcrowded cities while in reality everyone on the planet could very easily fit into England.
All these stories of animals farting and causing problems for the earth.
Give me a break.
Volcanoes and sun activity beat the cow farts hands down I would imagine.
One of the main problems is our destruction of forests.
Huge areas the size of nations are destroyed on a regular basis but so long as some pop star waves and smiles now and again we think something is being done.
We should all be planting trees.
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs