Dog's Football Thread #8

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dog's Football Thread #8

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Celtic vs AEK Athens is on now.

I hope Celtic get fucked over the park, the ambulance-chasing c**ts....

I support all British (and Irish) teams against foreign opposition :thumbsup:

I very much doubt Celtic fans would describe themselves as "British" and most of them have never been to Ireland.....

I know, it is very strange indeed.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Kat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

1st win out of the way :canny:
Kat

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:03 am

Second win sorted having smashed Derby 3-1 away following on from the 3-1 win against Stoke. Two games gone and one point behind the leaders with a game in hand.
Looks great but having gone 10 games without losing and running away with the lead last year Leeds fell apart, I do hope the same doesn't happen this year.
This new manager has them playing full on attacking football and it is very good to watch, even the Derby fans were impressed.
These goals would have looked good in the World Cup, inc Derby's scorching free kick...

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Liverpool looked good today. If they can cut out losing points to shit teams they’ll be close this year. Man City went to Arsenal and didn’t even bother playing Silva, De Bruyne, Sane and Kompany. Even without their best players they strolled to a comfortable victory. Arsenal are going to struggle to make the top 4 this season...
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:05 am

Dean wrote:Liverpool looked good today. If they can cut out losing points to shit teams they’ll be close this year. Man City went to Arsenal and didn’t even bother playing Silva, De Bruyne, Sane and Kompany. Even without their best players they strolled to a comfortable victory. Arsenal are going to struggle to make the top 4 this season...

Agreed, Arsenal played with no strategy whatsoever and overall they were woeful.

Sterling makes me puke! Why couldn't he have scored goals like that in the World Cup?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Is heading a football really that dangerous?

Yes Jeff Astle injured his brain doing it but the ball was heavier then and it's still only one player out of thousands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45110282

Tell that to his wife and daughters why don't you? After all they were the ones who watched him die.

I take it you didn't watch the documentary that Alan Shearer made about this problem, it interviewed other players who were suffering the exact same thing Jeff Astle had. It was a really interesting and informative documentary.

Try researching the whole thing before making comments like that. :hand:
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Well it was a nailbiting 90 minutes for us on Saturday, but really good to get the first three points on the table. JRods second goal was brilliant. Norwich have us a couple of scares though, just glad we held on.

Carabo Cup match tomorrow night at The Hawthorns and I'm going. Looking forward to it, hoping to see some of the younger fringe players get a game and possibly a couple coming back from injury. Not to underestimate Luton though, hope they give us a good game.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Real Madrid 2 Atletico Madrid 4 at the start of 2nd half of extra time in the SuperCup. Cracking match :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:14 pm

I watched Blues last night in the pub, how the fuck we didn’t get 3 points I don’t know! Swansea were awful, we just didn’t make any of our chances count. Promising signs going forward though, especially since we are banned from signing players...
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Dean wrote:I watched Blues last night in the pub, how the fuck we didn’t get 3 points I don’t know! Swansea were awful, we just didn’t make any of our chances count. Promising signs going forward though, especially since we are banned from signing players...

A rather boring game to be fair and you are correct, you should have won
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:28 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:I watched Blues last night in the pub, how the fuck we didn’t get 3 points I don’t know! Swansea were awful, we just didn’t make any of our chances count. Promising signs going forward though, especially since we are banned from signing players...

Boring? You know nothing about football if you think it was a boring game...
Dean

Postby Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm

The Baggies put 7 past QPR! VC will be a happy bunny today!

Boing boing!
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Boring? You know nothing about football if you think it was a boring game...

Fuck me!!! Are you Dean Guardiola? :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Leeds 2 Rotherham 0, 3 games 3 wins and we go marching on together!!1 :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:38 am

I was in the pub watching Chelsea beat Arsenal 3-2. A very good game to watch, lots of goals and plenty of action. It's always great to watch good matches in the pub.

After the game all the Chelsea fans descended on the pub and we then had a great atmosphere for the Tyson Fury sparring session.
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms