Can we give up plastic?

Re: Can we give up plastic?

Postby jra » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:A misguided one but at least it sounds like you might have decent family who maybe hold out more hope for the future?

I'd like to agree with you, but I can't.

That is my general perception of the human species. I give the human race as little as 500 years before self-destruction the way things are going, unless we generally and drastically change our ways. Most of the problems on Earth are caused by human over population and that includes the amount of rubbish discarded, in this case plastic. The trouble with the human race is we don't learn from our mistakes and we are mostly working against nature, not with it. Plastic in itself isn't the problem, it's the amount of plastic. Fewer humans = less plastic.

wE can make a different kind of plastic from cellulose.
The oil companies stand in the way of that not overpopulated citizens.
Paper can be made from hemp loads cheaper than paper from trees but again big business stands in the way.
A tree for paper takes years to grow where hemp can be cropped three times a year.
There are many solutions and a global population that can all stand shoulder to shoulder in North Wales is exaggerated as the problem.
The population in many places is declining and it isn't that difficult to control and bring it down in other places.
It's money that is the world's number one cause of just about every problem on the planet.
The way it's created and put into circulation is the main probelem then the wealth distribution is next.

We can make a difference, but essentially it's just delaying the fateful day. However, most humans are here for the now, not for the long term future, hence my comment below.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=20&p=1538484&sid=d4ecdf1bf177872abcf68b90c797efa4#pr1538197

You keep telling me the average person doesn't care J but you must be surrounded by below average people because I'm surrounded by people who care and worry.
If you're surrounded by people who don't give a shit it's probably because they need education.
Sure I see the car in front of me chuck the rubbish from McDonalds and I want to stab the bastards but that's because tey are dragged up to think their space in their shiny little Nova is more important than everyone else's space.
People need educating.

Be glad for that. I'd ask you this question though. Do they really care and worry, or are they pretending to do so?
jra

Postby Dean » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:13 pm

It says more about the kind of people you associate with, Rollup. Jra can’t believe people care because he associates with scum... He doesn’t realise there are good people in the world willing to try and help...
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:[quote="jra"
I'd like to agree with you, but I can't.

That is my general perception of the human species. I give the human race as little as 500 years before self-destruction the way things are going, unless we generally and drastically change our ways. Most of the problems on Earth are caused by human over population and that includes the amount of rubbish discarded, in this case plastic. The trouble with the human race is we don't learn from our mistakes and we are mostly working against nature, not with it. Plastic in itself isn't the problem, it's the amount of plastic. Fewer humans = less plastic.

wE can make a different kind of plastic from cellulose.
The oil companies stand in the way of that not overpopulated citizens.
Paper can be made from hemp loads cheaper than paper from trees but again big business stands in the way.
A tree for paper takes years to grow where hemp can be cropped three times a year.
There are many solutions and a global population that can all stand shoulder to shoulder in North Wales is exaggerated as the problem.
The population in many places is declining and it isn't that difficult to control and bring it down in other places.
It's money that is the world's number one cause of just about every problem on the planet.
The way it's created and put into circulation is the main probelem then the wealth distribution is next.

We can make a difference, but essentially it's just delaying the fateful day. However, most humans are here for the now, not for the long term future, hence my comment below.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=20&p=1538484&sid=d4ecdf1bf177872abcf68b90c797efa4#pr1538197

You keep telling me the average person doesn't care J but you must be surrounded by below average people because I'm surrounded by people who care and worry.
If you're surrounded by people who don't give a shit it's probably because they need education.
Sure I see the car in front of me chuck the rubbish from McDonalds and I want to stab the bastards but that's because tey are dragged up to think their space in their shiny little Nova is more important than everyone else's space.
People need educating.

Be glad for that. I'd ask you this question though. Do they really care and worry, or are they pretending to do so?[/quote]

No they really care.
They even change their shopping habits.
Change what they buy in other ways too.
Why don't you curl up and die if it's so hopeless?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Lets do our best to make a better CLEANER more healthy world. And fight against the new world order/EU led evil. After that its in God's hands. and that is a good place for it to be.
calitom

Postby jra » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Dean wrote:It says more about the kind of people you associate with, Rollup. Jra can’t believe people care because he associates with scum... He doesn’t realise there are good people in the world willing to try and help...

Leave it out Dean. You have no idea idea about the people I associate with.

Do you ever post in any thread without trolling it?

I'm not the forum virus, you are.

Talk about plastic right or environmental issues without making it personal?

That applies to rollup as well, as both of you generally piss me off with your shit posting.

:thumbsup:

As you were.
jra

Postby calitom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:25 am

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:It says more about the kind of people you associate with, Rollup. Jra can’t believe people care because he associates with scum... He doesn’t realise there are good people in the world willing to try and help...

That applies to rollup as well, as both of you generally piss me off with your shit posting.

As you were.

JRA--when people have no intelligent argument--esp those left leaners---they rely on virtue signalling. Only the lefties CARE about that plastic.'We' are good.And the people we know are so good;);)
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:10 am

calitom wrote:
jra wrote:

As you were.

JRA--when people have no intelligent argument--esp those left leaners---they rely on virtue signalling. Only the lefties CARE about that plastic.'We' are good.And the people we know are so good;);)

"Fight against the new world order/EU led evil. After that its in God's hands."

And you call that an intelligent argument, do you ?

:pmsl: :pmsl: :shake head: :off head:
Cannydc

Postby calitom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:32 am

Cannydc wrote:
calitom wrote:
jra wrote:

As you were.

"Fight against the new world order/EU led evil. After that its in God's hands."

And you call that an intelligent argument, do you ?

:pmsl: :pmsl: :shake head: :off head:

you dont believe in God??
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 am

Certainly not, sky fairies aren't for me.

Just a false hope that when we die, we actually live on. Utter medieval pie in the sky...

At the rate science is progressing, we should have explanations relatively soon to dismiss the likelihood of such an entity ever existing. That day can't come soon enough for me.
Cannydc

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs