TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Wilson » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:Watching Better Call Saul atm. It's slow but I love it. There's lots of rubbish on Netflix but worth paying the £6.99 per mth for gems like this.

I’m struggling a bit with this season. Loved Breaking Bad and the first two seasons of BCS, but with Chuck gone there’s a dynamic missing. And doesn’t it seem like Kim has been in a cast for about 2 years? :laughing: Jimmy and Mike are very watchable but the others ... meh. The two guys with the funny cowboy boots, I want to find them interesting but the lack of dialogue seems lazy on the writers’ part. I suppose they want us to feel that it adds an air of mystery to them.

I know what you mean. It does feel a bit like the writers are going through the motions & I'm finding lots of the cartel characters a bit tedious.
I love Jimmy though & Mike. Kim's an interesting one, I find her and Jimmy really odd as a couple. She always seems so sad! I hope we get to hear about more of her background. Also missing Chuck!
Wilson

Postby Nucks » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Wilson wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:Watching Better Call Saul atm. It's slow but I love it. There's lots of rubbish on Netflix but worth paying the £6.99 per mth for gems like this.

I’m struggling a bit with this season. Loved Breaking Bad and the first two seasons of BCS, but with Chuck gone there’s a dynamic missing. And doesn’t it seem like Kim has been in a cast for about 2 years? :laughing: Jimmy and Mike are very watchable but the others ... meh. The two guys with the funny cowboy boots, I want to find them interesting but the lack of dialogue seems lazy on the writers’ part. I suppose they want us to feel that it adds an air of mystery to them.

I know what you mean. It does feel a bit like the writers are going through the motions & I'm finding lots of the cartel characters a bit tedious.
I love Jimmy though & Mike. Kim's an interesting one, I find her and Jimmy really odd as a couple. She always seems so sad! I hope we get to hear about more of her background. Also missing Chuck!

I feel like part of Kim’s sadness comes from feeling like she’s given up a lot for Jimmy and for what? Jimmy’s a hustler at heart and he needs to get back in the game. He has to be doing something at least a little bit dangerous to be happy, perhaps she senses that and it’s only a matter of time before he’s off.

And more of Don Eladio please. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Wilson » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I feel like part of Kim’s sadness comes from feeling like she’s given up a lot for Jimmy and for what? Jimmy’s a hustler at heart and he needs to get back in the game. He has to be doing something at least a little bit dangerous to be happy, perhaps she senses that and it’s only a matter of time before he’s off.

Can't think who Don is?
It's an odd show. I enjoy it even when not very much happens.
Wilson

Postby Nucks » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 pm

Wilson wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Can't think who Don is?
It's an odd show. I enjoy it even when not very much happens.

The actor’s name is Steven Bauer.

I think the Salamanca’s had to work under him.

Nucks

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Most famous for Scarface, he is actually Cuban despite the German-sounding stage name, or half-Cuban anyway.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Nucks » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Most famous for Scarface, he is actually Cuban despite the German-sounding stage name, or half-Cuban anyway.

His Spanish was very natural, I guess that’s why.
Nucks

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 pm

Been watching The Expanse which has been called "Game of Thrones in space".

It's not quite as complex as that, and not as many characters but that might not be a bad thing as I think there are too many in GoT.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm

Big Fat Frosty

Postby Wilson » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:santa clarita diet
https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80095815

I enjoyed this. Really funny and easy to watch.
Drew Barrymore's still got it! :wubwub:
Wilson

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Wilson wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:santa clarita diet
https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80095815

I enjoyed this. Really funny and easy to watch.
Drew Barrymore's still got it! :wubwub:

Easy to watch? Eating people was impossible for me to watch despite liking the leading actors. :pukeup:

Noooooooooooooooooooo! No. Just no.

Insatiable on Netflix, however, was very easy, fun viewing.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Ray of Sunshine

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 am

Daily Mirror asks "Why has TV gone sex-mad?"

Maybe because no-one is watching it anymore and TV companies are getting desperate?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Gratuitous sex is better than gratuitous violence.

On tv.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't like sex on TV.

It's all so fake.

You want to see that kind of thing there's a plethora on the internet.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 pm

It can be a bit uncomfortable if you have visitors round, especially family members. You don’t know where to put yourself and if you quickly pick up the remote you draw more attention to the discomfort. :ooer:

Otherwise it’s fine.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio