Have you ever wanted to smash a posters face?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Have you ever wanted to smash a posters face?

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 am

Vam wrote:Yet again, I have to show my dummy level knowledge of all things tech.

But I've often wondered - if people/PBUs can't join here using a proxy, how do they manage to sign up multiple times? Do they have to move house/office to do it, or is it a 'router reset' thing again? :ooer:

Resetting the router gives you a new IP! How many times do you need telling! :grrrrr:

I’m surprised Lucy’s latest incarnation has lasted this long...
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:41 am

I reset my router when we had the fibre thing done

it took me 2 hours and a very lengthy phonecall to sky to get the two sky Q boxes reconnected, so yeah, that's more trouble than it's worth
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:00 am

Dean wrote:
Vam wrote:Yet again, I have to show my dummy level knowledge of all things tech.

But I've often wondered - if people/PBUs can't join here using a proxy, how do they manage to sign up multiple times? Do they have to move house/office to do it, or is it a 'router reset' thing again? :ooer:

Resetting the router gives you a new IP! How many times do you need telling! :grrrrr:

It does if you don't have a static IP.
Raggamuffin

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:05 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Dean wrote:

It does if you don't have a static IP.

Thanks for your insight, Captain Obvious...
Dean

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Dean wrote:

No need to yell at me! :monkey:

I get it but - especially in view of Hobbit's post - I still see it as a whole load of faff to achieve...what, exactly??

I only really ever noticed this guy when he posted as Lucien DeVille (sp?) earlier this year. Since that id was perma'd, he must have posted here under at least 3 other usernames? Did he have to go through the faff of a router reset each time to rejoin?

If so, he must really have some big love for this place! :ooer:
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

oh that reminds me, I was going to find him an appropriate avi
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:

I get it but - especially in view of Hobbit's post - I still see it as a whole load of faff to achieve...what, exactly??

I only really ever noticed this guy when he posted as Lucien DeVille (sp?) earlier this year. Since that id was perma'd, he must have posted here under at least 3 other usernames? Did he have to go through the faff of a router reset each time to rejoin?

It isn’t a faff. You just switch it off for a minute and back on again. Fuck knows what Hobbit is going on about...
Dean

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Dean wrote:
Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:

It isn’t a faff. You just switch it off for a minute and back on again. Fuck knows what Hobbit is going on about...

One thing I DO know - if I tried pulling a stunt like that with my router, you'd probably never see me posting here again :ooer:

..............do I hear the sound of people praying? :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Dean wrote:
Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:

any need?

I thought my post was pretty clear
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:39 pm

...actually, sorry to bang on about this, but I'm honestly curious to better understand.

@ Dean...if I have a power outage, and then the leccy restores itself and everything switches back on, does that mean my router will have reset itself too? If so, will my usual home IP details have changed?
Vam

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Vam wrote:...actually, sorry to bang on about this, but I'm honestly curious to better understand.

@ Dean...if I have a power outage, and then the leccy restores itself and everything switches back on, does that mean my router will have reset itself too? If so, will my usual home IP details have changed?

Depends what provider you use. I use Virgin media for example, I can’t change my IP. If you use SKY, switching off your router at the mains will reset your router...
Dean

Postby Niv » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm

What's a static IP? :doomed:
Niv

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Vam wrote:...actually, sorry to bang on about this, but I'm honestly curious to better understand.

Your IP number would have changed but it will still show a proximity to where you live

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Nivarna wrote:What's a static IP? :doomed:

One that doesn’t change. Virgin media use static IPs
Dean

Postby Niv » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Dean wrote:
Nivarna wrote:What's a static IP? :doomed:

One that doesn’t change. Virgin media use static IPs

Ah right, ta muchly :thumbsup:
Niv

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms