Abandon ship

A right load of bollocks...

Abandon ship

Postby 362636 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 am

We were discussing cruising the other day as me and the family is tempted to do the Meditraina cruise. A close friend that has been on several cruises talked about the drills on the ship. One of these drills is the abandon ship which scares me. She also added about the listing of ships when they make a sharp turn or in storms. I've always felt the ships are top heavy.

Have you been on a cruise recently, what ship you recommend, what clothing to wear on the ship, trips ashore buy before or on site, and any other tips.

Re: Abandon ship

Postby .SF. » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 am

362636 wrote:We were discussing cruising the other day as me and the family is tempted to do the Meditraina cruise. A close friend that has been on several cruises talked about the drills on the ship. One of these drills is the abandon ship which scares me. She also added about the listing of ships when they make a sharp turn or in storms. I've always felt the ships are top heavy.

Have you been on a cruise recently, what ship you recommend, what clothing to wear on the ship, trips ashore buy before or on site, and any other tips.

As long as you're dressed properly you'll be okay. I'd recommend wearing one of these flotation suits at all times

Not bad value at £119.95 and it includes reinforced knees and a whistle.
.SF.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:09 am

.SF. wrote:
362636 wrote:We were discussing cruising the other day as me and the family is tempted to do the Meditraina cruise. A close friend that has been on several cruises talked about the drills on the ship. One of these drills is the abandon ship which scares me. She also added about the listing of ships when they make a sharp turn or in storms. I've always felt the ships are top heavy.

As long as you're dressed properly you'll be okay. I'd recommend wearing one of these flotation suits at all times

Not bad value at £119.95 and it includes reinforced knees and a whistle.

Stupid shit.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:54 pm

I have never been on a leisure cruise but my brother and sister in law swear by them as they always have a good time in the med.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby 362636 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:I have never been on a leisure cruise but my brother and sister in law swear by them as they always have a good time in the med.

What ship please and any recommendations? Time of year of the trip and approx cost of an all inc package?

We don't want to be formal but not want to mix with chavy family times and boy/girl groups, more of a couple in their 40's type thing. Thanks.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:02 pm

362636 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I have never been on a leisure cruise but my brother and sister in law swear by them as they always have a good time in the med.

What ship please and any recommendations? Time of year of the trip and approx cost of an all inc package?

We don't want to be formal but not want to mix with chavy family times and boy/girl groups, more of a couple in their 40's type thing. Thanks.

I have no idea, but they did say that their cruise ship looked like a toy boat when docked next to one of the latest modern luxury cruise ships when in Nice harbour, so it probably wouldn't prove suitable for you.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby 362636 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Ok, thanks for the response, sincerely appreciated.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 pm

If this is a last minute/ next few months idea I would recommend the Norwegian cruise from £999.00 per person. You will see stunning scenery and it is unlikely a cruise for children so giving you the adult sophisticated atmosphere you are looking for. People on board will probably appreciate the finer things in life as well as nature and beautiful scenery. If you're lucky, you may even get to see the Northern lights!

Dress warm but take some of your best clothing for evening dining and entertainment.

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Guest wrote:If this is a last minute/ next few months idea I would recommend the Norwegian cruise from £999.00 per person. You will see stunning scenery and it is unlikely a cruise for children so giving you the adult sophisticated atmosphere you are looking for. People on board will probably appreciate the finer things in life as well as nature and beautiful scenery. If you're lucky, you may even get to see the Northern lights!

Dress warm but take some of your best clothing for evening dining and entertainment.

Who the fuck wants to go on a cold boat for a holiday?
Dean

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:If this is a last minute/ next few months idea I would recommend the Norwegian cruise from £999.00 per person. You will see stunning scenery and it is unlikely a cruise for children so giving you the adult sophisticated atmosphere you are looking for. People on board will probably appreciate the finer things in life as well as nature and beautiful scenery. If you're lucky, you may even get to see the Northern lights!

I've had some memorable boat trips up the Thames, stopping at every boozer and piracy heading towards the next lock. Thankfully the river police are rubbish.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:

I've had some memorable boat trips up the Thames, stopping at every boozer and piracy heading towards the next lock. Thankfully the river police are rubbish.

A day on the piss is fine...
Dean

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Dean wrote:

Thanks for replying Dean. Not you I'm guessing. This is a sophisticated trip of a lifetime!

Not only will there be no children but there will be no Deans

Do it!

Postby 362636 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 pm

I think I've seen this cruise on the telly. Worryingly it's a small, very old ship, but tempted. I will look into it but prefer warner climates and a few trips to countries I have not been to. Thanks again.

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Wasn't it Norway Dimples travelled to not so long ago?

Where Mr D popped the question....awww.... :canny: :wubwub:

ETA...and Meg asked for a pic of her name carved on a glacier (for an avi) :mrgreen:
Vam

Postby Meg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Dean wrote:
Who the fuck wants to go on a boat for a holiday?

FTFY...
Meg

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms