What's on the menu tonight? Course 5

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 5

Postby dis » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I had some mushroom soup and gluten free bread.
dis

Postby Niv » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Quesadillas :drool:
Niv

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Fish chips mushy peas.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Nucks » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 am

Last night was cheesy garlic mushrooms followed by mac n cheese with bbq pulled pork. And 4 glasses of wine plus a gin cocktail. :thud: Tonight will be pasta bolognese I think. I’ve got a mince thawing out, that’s as far as I got.
Nucks

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:59 am

Persian saffron lemon chicken, pitta bread, tzatziki, and if we're feeling virtuous a green salad
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:18 am

Birthday cake. Lemon drizzle one, made by yours truly, madly, deeply.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Nucks » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:31 am

Fridays are kids make tea day at ours. :mrgreen: I think it’s tuna pasta bake this week.
Nucks

Postby Holly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 am

My OH surprised me with a Bami Goreng tonight and I can honestly say it was the best I've ever had. I usually buy it at out local Chinese and it's pretty good, but the one he bought home this evening from town ( Wellington ) was out of this world. The chicken pieces were so succulent and the hotness was just right, not too hot but it still had a good bite to it. Oh and they chucked in a huge handful of roasted cashew nuts, which made it even more delicious. I will be dreaming about it tonight :drool:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:01 am

Holly wrote:My OH surprised me with a Bami Goreng tonight and I can honestly say it was the best I've ever had. I usually buy it at out local Chinese and it's pretty good, but the one he bought home this evening from town ( Wellington ) was out of this world. The chicken pieces were so succulent and the hotness was just right, not too hot but it still had a good bite to it. Oh and they chucked in a huge handful of roasted cashew nuts, which made it even more delicious. I will be dreaming about it tonight :drool:

That sounds so goooood.

Wellington On A Plate was on recently right? Must have been a foodie paradise out there.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Holly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:My OH surprised me with a Bami Goreng tonight and I can honestly say it was the best I've ever had. I usually buy it at out local Chinese and it's pretty good, but the one he bought home this evening from town ( Wellington ) was out of this world. The chicken pieces were so succulent and the hotness was just right, not too hot but it still had a good bite to it. Oh and they chucked in a huge handful of roasted cashew nuts, which made it even more delicious. I will be dreaming about it tonight :drool:

That sounds so goooood.

Wellington On A Plate was on recently right? Must have been a foodie paradise out there.

Hi Avon :Hiya:

Yes that's correct, Wellington on a plate is a competition between fine dinning restaurants, it is on every year and done to encourage people to go dinning out more often.I love to go and taste the winning restaurants menus :grub:

How come you know these things? :laughing:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am

It's great when you get a good one. Went to a little restaurant in London a couple of years ago and had the best Nasi Lemak I have had in donkeys years! A real blast from the past.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 am

Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

That sounds so goooood.

Yes that's correct, Wellington on a plate is a competition between fine dinning restaurants, it is on every year and done to encourage people to go dinning out more often.I love to go and taste the winning restaurants menus :grub:

Hiya Holls.

What do you mean how do I know these things? I know everything!

I have relatives who live in NZ (Bay of Plenty, Hamilton and Wellington) so my FB is littered with NZ news and so on. I might even know the owners of a rather high end restaurant in NZ but one does not like to boast about one's connections...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Holly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

That sounds so goooood.

Hiya Holls.

What do you mean how do I know these things? I know everything!

I have relatives who live in NZ (Bay of Plenty, Hamilton and Wellington) so my FB is littered with NZ news and so on. I might even know the owners of a rather high end restaurant in NZ but one does not like to boast about one's connections...

Would I get a good table if I tell the owner that my good friend Avon Barksdale recommended the restaurant and demanded that I get the best table in the house??? :awesome:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Bessie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:31 am

Nucks wrote:Fridays are kids make tea day at ours. :mrgreen: I think it’s tuna pasta bake this week.

One of mine is cooking tonight as well, a thank you meal as I've paid for his MOT. It was his suggestion. I might pay for things more often as he is a really good and imaginative cook and clears up while he's working. :drool:
Bessie

Postby Text » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 am

Sounds good! (not a euphemism is it? :paranoid: ). How are you Holly? :Hiya:
ATM i'm chavving it up with some babybels - yep that cheap stuff.
Might work my way up to some mature cheddar.
We may do Nandos tonight.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive