What is the meaning of Life ?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:56 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Text wrote:Please state your take on it.

Is there a deep meaning or are we all just going thru the motions while waiting for the grim reaper's call. :tradmill:

Apart from sex booze and rock and roll? Drugs for those who partake and art for those who wish to leave a mark, other than that fuck all. So best we just enjoy it as it is not a dress rehearsal.

You live a very sad meaningless existence?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Text » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:What is the meaning of your life might be a more appropriate question.

But that would be a different question, Rolly. :laughing: :header: A bit too personal. People would have to talk about their own personal life (and all the dynamics in it ). I don't really want to hear about anyone's personal life.

The title is a classic philosophy question that has been asked for millennia. It's worth asking it every so often.
Text

Postby Vam » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:54 am

Text wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:What is the meaning of your life might be a more appropriate question.

But that would be a different question, Rolly. :laughing: :header: A bit too personal. People would have to talk about their own personal life (and all the dynamics in it ). I don't really want to hear about anyone's personal life.

The title is a classic philosophy question that has been asked for millennia. It's worth asking it every so often.

Bullshit. You only bumped this old thread because your recent thread got moved to the Snug.

You were determined to get your own way, weren't you? :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:54 am

I'll move this one too, so it can be kept on topic
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby jra » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Is there a deep meaning or are we all just going thru the motions while waiting for the grim reaper's call. :tradmill:

Apart from sex booze and rock and roll? Drugs for those who partake and art for those who wish to leave a mark, other than that fuck all. So best we just enjoy it as it is not a dress rehearsal.

Existential nihilism essentially.

Basically, do what you feel the need to do within reason, i.e. don't go around killing people etc., but once you snuff it, you can't take any of it away with you. Game over in other words.
jra

Postby dis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:52 pm

jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Basically, do what you feel the need to do within reason, i.e. don't go around killing people etc., but once you snuff it, you can't take any of it away with you. Game over in other words.

I knew someone who went about saying ‘life’s nae rehearsal’ - inspired by the arse that was Jim Morrison and I thought ‘nae luck ya scoob’ because he’d spent that long being an arse he was fucked.
dis

Postby jra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:49 pm

dis wrote:
jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I knew someone who went about saying ‘life’s nae rehearsal’ - inspired by the arse that was Jim Morrison and I thought ‘nae luck ya scoob’ because he’d spent that long being an arse he was fucked.

What's a scoob?

I know if somebody says 'I haven't got a scooby', as in Scooby Doo (Cockney rhyming slang for clue).
jra

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 pm

To occupy space and support life. That by no meens is a simple answer. A less complicated answer I find to be "why not? I can't think of anything better than filling my memory with everything that is Good.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 pm

jra wrote:
dis wrote:
jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What's a scoob?

I know if somebody says 'I haven't got a scooby', as in Scooby Doo (Cockney rhyming slang for clue).
no slang that time, just a straight up insult. Scooby Doo isn't exactly the smartest.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Thinking....Thinking........Thinking
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 pm

We appear to be the thinking element of the universe or at least this small corner of it.
We are stardust but we are thinking and feeling stardust.
Attachments
think.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:We appear to be the thinking element of the universe or at least this small corner of it.
We are stardust but we are thinking and feeling stardust.

sorry RLS, nothing that profound this time. :laughing: night at the museum, the scene with the statue of the thinker.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:25 am

positive and negative. do You have an issue with even and odd numbers? it is a simple equilibrium. You derive meaning from Your ability to observe and interpret meaning. I can't Do that for You
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:26 am

Text wrote:

True it is worth asking
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:34 am

art0hur0moh wrote:positive and negative. do You have an issue with even and odd numbers? it is a simple equilibrium. You derive meaning from Your ability to observe and interpret meaning. I can't Do that for You

why place positive before negative? binary, if 1 is odd then 0 must be even?
art0hur0moh

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug