Tory Scum

Re: Tory Scum

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Old people haven’t really got the hang of social media.

Great excuse.

It takes away the need to be measured. It’s too immediate for some.

It's certainly a trap for those who prefer to say what they think, rather than think about what they say.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am

Cannydc wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Great excuse.

It takes away the need to be measured. It’s too immediate for some.

It's certainly a trap for those who prefer to say what they think, rather than think about what they say.

Exactly. Therefore not good for the elderly overentitled men.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:12 am

Cannydc wrote:

Great excuse.

Yes. Just last week we saw canny saying he will leave labour party and vote libdem. Good example of an old person failing with the immediacy of social media..

I could be wrong of course. Canny are you still a libdem voter?

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Great excuse.

Yes. Just last week we saw canny saying he will leave labour party and vote libdem. Good example of an old person failing with the immediacy of social media..

You seem confused, this is about gammon using Facebook.

And if anyone can't keep up it's you, as it's you asking a question that was clearly answered on a previous thread.

Treat it a bit like your favourite library, old chap, and go look it up.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Great excuse.

You seem confused, this is about gammon using Facebook.

And if anyone can't keep up it's you, as it's you asking a question that was clearly answered on a previous thread.

Treat it a bit like your favourite library, old chap, and go look it up.

Seemed a straight forward question. A yes or no really. So you happy with cable as leader or hoping Gina Miller will be parachuted in?

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Conservative Brexiteers are giving Theresa May an ultimatum, that if her negotiating strategy fails she must accept plans for a Canada-style trade deal or face a leadership challenge.

Senior figures say it would be impossible for her to try to further negotiate on her Chequers proposals if they are rejected by parliament or the EU.

Instead, she would be told only full acceptance of the kind of arrangement put forward by Boris Johnson, David Davis, Jacob Rees-Mogg and others would allow her to avoid a Tory vote of no confidence.

At least we know who is in charge now....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 70756.html
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Cannydc wrote:Conservative Brexiteers are giving Theresa May an ultimatum, that if her negotiating strategy fails she must accept plans for a Canada-style trade deal or face a leadership challenge.

Senior figures say it would be impossible for her to try to further negotiate on her Chequers proposals if they are rejected by parliament or the EU.

Instead, she would be told only full acceptance of the kind of arrangement put forward by Boris Johnson, David Davis, Jacob Rees-Mogg and others would allow her to avoid a Tory vote of no confidence.

Portillo was saying on 'This Week' that he thinks there will be a vote of no confidence and followed by a general election.

I hope he's right.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Conservative Brexiteers are giving Theresa May an ultimatum, that if her negotiating strategy fails she must accept plans for a Canada-style trade deal or face a leadership challenge.

Portillo was saying on 'This Week' that he thinks there will be a vote of no confidence and followed by a general election.

I hope he's right.

So do I.

It's only the Tories dreading an election, and for one very good reason. They will have done private polling on the doorsteps, and know how bad the results are.

It's a personal guess, but I suspect that there are a lot of 'secretive Corbynites' out there, and some have told the Tories when they came a'calling.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 am

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:

I hope he's right.

So do I.

It's only the Tories dreading an election, and for one very good reason. They will have done private polling on the doorsteps, and know how bad the results are.

It's a personal guess, but I suspect that there are a lot of 'secretive Corbynites' out there, and some have told the Tories when they came a'calling.

I thought you were lib dem :dunno:

Postby jra » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 am

More likely many don't want to. No need to.

But it's good to see ageism is alive and well.

I generally don't use social media. Now, as I've got a degree in Mathematics and Computing, how hard can it be?

For me it would be a piece of piss, but I use a telephone and/or send a text. Job done.

#fuck_off_you_ageist_bastard

Yes. Missing the point there somewhat.
Last edited by jra on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:23 am

jra wrote:

I generally don't use social media. Now, as I've got a degree in Mathematics and Computing, how hard can it be?

For me it would be a piece of piss, but I use a telephone and/or send a text. Job done.

Why are you a slum landlord if you have 2 degrees? :dunno:
Dean

Postby jra » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Good morning Dean. I have one degree. The clue is in the name.

Mathematics and Computing, not Mathematics plus Computing degrees. That is a combined degree.
jra

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:37 am

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Good morning Dean. I have one degree. The clue is in the name.

Mathematics and Computing, not Mathematics plus Computing degrees. That is a combined degree.

Easy mistake to make, I don’t have a degree in maths after all...
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:50 pm

jra wrote:

Yes. Missing the point there somewhat.

It’s not ageism is an observation of old fools making arses of themselves over and over again.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs