Flu jab

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Flu jab

Postby Text » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Nucks wrote:Do you get one every year?

I don’t usually but the surgery phoned and asked if I wanted one, so I’m now officially infected brainwashed inoculated. :mrgreen:

There's the streptococcus jab too.
Text

Postby Text » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Daisymay wrote:
measurer wrote:
Daisymay wrote:I had mine a week ago ,and i've not felt right since ,this is the first time i've been poorly with it as usually i have no after affects at all ,but this time i was bad for a couple of days ,then Ok and then yesterday and Today a week later i feel like shit

I used to scoff at people saying it gave them the flu............until it happened to me! It was like the flu but nowhere as severe, still felt like shit though! This one is making me tired as, but apart from that and the sore arm, I'll live. Hope you feel better soon.

Aww Ta Meas

Yea i was the same re the scoffing .Yea that's how i feel Fluey but nowhere as severe as proper Flu ,I once had Flu then because my Immune system was down got Swine Flu on top ,and ended up in bed for a bloody month ,Mu husband the poor Buggar even had to carry me to the Toilet i was that weak ,so like you it really pisses me off when people say they've got Flu when it's just a Heavy cold

I'm Like No if you had Flu you wouldn't be able to lift your head off the pillow ,never mind be on-line ,or out at the shops Twats ''Rant over''

Sounds rough! :-( Get well soon, petal.xx Keep us posted on how you're getting on, DM. :wubbers:
Text

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
daniel deronda wrote:No-one carries a handkerchief anymore though.

Really.

Tissues spread diseases, as many people just leave them on the bar or even in ashtrays, open top bins, whereas you put a handkerchief back in your pocket. Also, many tissues tend to dissolve. Handkerchiefs are also much cheaper in the long run and should be washed regularly and bleached.

trust you to make people want to throw up! :pukeup:

What. On. Earth. Are. You. Going. On. About. ?
jra

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 pm

Gabby wrote:
jra wrote:

Really.

Tissues spread diseases, as many people just leave them on the bar or even in ashtrays, open top bins, whereas you put a handkerchief back in your pocket. Also, many tissues tend to dissolve. Handkerchiefs are also much cheaper in the long run and should be washed regularly and bleached.

You’d rather keep using and handling the same dirty old hanky out of your pocket? :yikes:...... also, I can’t think of anything more disgusting than having to wash a cotton hanky :pukeup: .. thank fuck for tissues!

Really. How about mopping/cleaning out shit and other crap from around the toilet/drains. And my hankies are neither old or dirty, as they get washed and bleached regularly. You must have a light disposition when it comes to these things. I clean waste pipes/water outlets/sewers, gutters etc. Washing a hanky or two is no big deal.
jra

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Lol @ jra using a hanky. He still thinks it’s 1954 and shit!
Dean

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm

jra wrote:
Gabby wrote:
jra wrote:

Really.

You’d rather keep using and handling the same dirty old hanky out of your pocket? :yikes:...... also, I can’t think of anything more disgusting than having to wash a cotton hanky :pukeup: .. thank fuck for tissues!

Really. How about mopping/cleaning out shit and other crap from around the toilet/drains. And my hankies are neither old or dirty, as they get washed and bleached regularly. You must have a light disposition when it comes to these things. I clean waste pipes/water outlets/sewers, gutters etc. Washing a hanky or two is no big deal.

I’m sure! :ooer:
Gabby

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Nucks wrote:Related to germs, how do you feel about the prolific use of antibacterial sprays, wipes, hand gel, etc? Are we overprotecting what should be our natural Immunities or do they fill a necessary gap?

Many people over sanitize their homes, i.e. are clean freaks. That is especially bad with very young children as their immune system doesn't build up properly in the early years, hence the large number of people that have various allergies and things like asthma these days.

A little bit of dirt never did anybody any harm.

When I was young I used to swim in sewage polluted creeks and nothing much happened to me. Likewise wading through sewage polluted mud at low tide. It was just part of growing up.
jra

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm

jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:Related to germs, how do you feel about the prolific use of antibacterial sprays, wipes, hand gel, etc? Are we overprotecting what should be our natural Immunities or do they fill a necessary gap?

Many people over sanitize their homes, i.e. are clean freaks. That is especially bad with very young children as their immune system doesn't build up properly in the early years, hence the large number of people that have various allergies and things like asthma these days.

When I was young I used to swim in sewage polluted creeks and nothing much happened to me. Likewise wading through sewage polluted mud at low tide. It was just part of growing up.

Maybe in Luton it was. We didn’t play in sewage water when we were nippers... :ooer:
Dean

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Dean wrote:Lol @ jra using a hanky. He still thinks it’s 1954 and shit!

You saw Mes saying that many women use hankies, but you didn't have a go at her for that did you.

I wonder why.

I wasn't even born in 1954, so not sure where you plucked that figure from.
jra

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:49 pm

jra wrote:

You saw Mes saying that many women use hankies, but you didn't have a go at her for that did you.

I wonder why.

Mes is a woman...
Dean

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Maybe in Luton it was. We didn’t play in sewage water when we were nippers... :ooer:

Fucking hell Dean. Are you deliberately trying to play thick. I was living near the coast in south Devon at the time.

It's not like I've never mentioned it.
jra

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Fucking hell Dean. Are you deliberately trying to play thick. I was living near the coast in south Devon at the time.

I don’t tend to take much notice of what you say mate...
Dean

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

I wonder why.

Mes is a woman...

That makes all the difference does it. So, it's OK for women for women to use hankies, but not men. Is that where we are going with this?
jra

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 pm

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

I wonder why.

Mes is a woman...

That makes all the difference does it. So, it's OK for women for women to use hankies, but not men. Is that where we are going with this?

Yes...
Dean

Postby jra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

I don’t tend to take much notice of what you say mate...

But enough to reply to me quite often. So, which is it? If you really didn't take much notice of what I say, you wouldn't bother to reply.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms