Cosmetic Surgery!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm

measurer wrote:
Sundaze wrote:I've had some cosmetic surgery.
It's something I've wanted done for years and I finally bit the bullet and did it.

I know it's not for everyone but I'm happy with my results

Good for you. Your body so do as you wish. I laugh at those saying they won't - wait until either the years catch up on them or they actually need it. I had over 100 stitches to my face after a car crash by a plastic surgeon. Thank God is all I'll add to that.

Never say never......you don't know what is around the corner.

What’s wrong with aging? You can look after yourself and look good in many ways, don’t have to go under a knife for it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:
It's something I've wanted done for years and I finally bit the bullet and did it.

Good for you. Your body so do as you wish. I laugh at those saying they won't - wait until either the years catch up on them or they actually need it. I had over 100 stitches to my face after a car crash by a plastic surgeon. Thank God is all I'll add to that.

What’s wrong with aging? You can look after yourself and look good in many ways, don’t have to go under a knife for it.

No you don't need to go under a knife. It's up to the individual whether they want to or not. I have no probs with fillers & botox though, they might not last as long as plastic surgery, but have better results, unless the person having it done can't be told they shouldn't go any further. Those plastic surgeons who don't care are bad for business. Look at Michael Jackson when he was alive! :yikes:
measurer

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm

measurer wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

No you don't need to go under a knife. It's up to the individual whether they want to or not. I have no probs with fillers & botox though, they might not last as long as plastic surgery, but have better results, unless the person having it done can't be told they shouldn't go any further. Those plastic surgeons who don't care are bad for business. Look at Michael Jackson when he was alive! :yikes:

Personally I think it should be actively discouraged, unless you’ve have an accident. I predict a future of pouty mouthed ‘perfect’ looking yet shallow and robotic humans.
Got to go n eat now.
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Who knows? Only time will tell.
measurer

Postby Gabby » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Some surgeons are so unethical, as long as they’re lining their pockets.. :shake head:

He was a good looking guy once...

Gabby

Postby jra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

I agree. People should grow old gracefully.

Cosmetic surgery on the NHS should only really be done where it improves your health and well being, not just solely for vanity purposes.

If you want your ears pinned back or your boobs enhanced you pay for it directly. Breast reduction I can understand as that can cause health issues.
jra

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:16 am

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

Cosmetic surgery on the NHS should only really be done where it improves your health and well being, not just solely for vanity purposes.

If you want your ears pinned back or your boobs enhanced you pay for it directly. Breast reduction I can understand as that can cause health issues.

Do you not include mental health in with health and well-being?

Although some surgeries may not provide physical improvements, they can reverse a lifetime of misery mentally.
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:23 am

So much of it looks shit these days. The trend of women especially to get the duck lip look and fillers makes their faces look like crap and you can spot it a mile off. Many still look ugly after it too.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 am

Guest wrote:So much of it looks shit these days. The trend of women especially to get the duck lip look and fillers makes their faces look like crap and you can spot it a mile off. Many still look ugly after it too.

Don't forget the comedy eyebrows. :gigglesnshit:

Postby jra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:42 am

NastyNickers wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

Do you not include mental health in with health and well-being?

Although some surgeries may not provide physical improvements, they can reverse a lifetime of misery mentally.

That's general surgery isn't it, not cosmetic surgery, which is basically to enhance your appearance.
jra

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 am

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

Do you dye you hair?
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

Personally I think it should be actively discouraged, unless you’ve have an accident. I predict a future of pouty mouthed ‘perfect’ looking yet shallow and robotic humans.
Got to go n eat now.

Pouty pensioners doesn't bare thinking about!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:

Do you dye you hair?

Yes. Again that's not cosmetic surgery. No more than applying makeup, e.g. lip gloss or mascara.
jra

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

jra wrote:Yes. Again that's not cosmetic surgery.

But it’s not growing old gracefully, like you just said people should, is it?

Altering your appearance for vanity or to look younger. How is that any different from cosmetic surgery?
Dean

Postby measurer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Exactly, you dye your hair because I presume it's natural colour is grey? Then if so, you are doing it to appear younger.

If people can afford it - and it's a lot less than people think - then why should we "age gracefully"? Fuk that if you have the means to afford changing something that is bothering you.
I think Poca should have made it more clear, as there is Cosmetic surgery and then there is Plastic surgery. The first can be done by a qualified cosmetician and the second has to be done by a qualified plastic surgeon. I hated the 2 vertical lines between my eyebrows, I paid and had them popped back out with filler. Do I look younger? Nope, Do I feel better? Definitely yes.

To those wishing to pay to have procedures, all I'd advise is don't expect miracles or go overboard - keep it natural, and ignore the people poo pooing it. Everyone should do what they want. If you want to age gracefully and go grey with deep wrinkles, fine, I don't care, just the same as others shouldn't care if you decide not to age gracefully.

Whether you like it or not, the amount of people having small cosmetic treatments is on the increase now that we know we can rid ourselves of whatever we wish.
measurer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms