Flu jab

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Flu jab

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Bella wrote:Never had one before but since I will supporting OH through Radiotherapy etc I will ask for it or pay for it... not bothered either way

You’ll probably get it for free as a carer with your OH going through therapy. But it doesn’t cost much.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Bella wrote:Never had one before but since I will supporting OH through Radiotherapy etc I will ask for it or pay for it... not bothered either way

Pretty sure you should be offered it, you'd surely be classed as a carer, and they would prioritise it I'd imagine
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Nucks wrote:I’m on day 6 after having my jab and no side effects, so I’m pleased with that. Knock on wood.

I sometimes get a cold in the winter but the last time I had flu was 11 years ago, I basically stayed in bed for a month.

:yikes:

That sounds an excessively long time to recover.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:07 pm

jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:I’m on day 6 after having my jab and no side effects, so I’m pleased with that. Knock on wood.

I sometimes get a cold in the winter but the last time I had flu was 11 years ago, I basically stayed in bed for a month.

Have you never had man flu?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

:laughing: .... ooops, now you’ve done it! :doomed:
Gabby

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Gabby wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

I’m assuming jra is male...but you never know :whistle:

ETA, he has to be, no woman would know as much about the Arriva bus services as he does.
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

No. I've never had flu full stop to my knowledge. Put it this way, when I was studying at poly there was a flu outbreak there big time around about 1989, people were in sick bay, I got a bit of a cold, but still went to lectures.

I've never had a proper cold since then, let alone flu.

On another occasion my dad collected me at the railway station to go back to his place and he was coughing and sneezing all the way on the 45 min or so journey in the confined space of a car with closed windows. No cold for me.
jra

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

ETA, he has to be, no woman would know as much about the Arriva bus services as he does.

I need to know, as Arriva is the main bus service provider around here. I'm not sure whether that knowledge should apply just to men.

:dunno:
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

No. I've never had flu full stop to my knowledge. Put it this way, when I was studying at poly there was a flu outbreak there big time around about 1989, people were in sick bay, I got a bit of a cold, but still went to lectures.

On another occasion my dad collected me at the railway station to go back to his place and he was coughing and sneezing all the way on the 45 min or so journey in the confined space of a car with closed windows. No cold for me.

You probably don’t really need a boiler then with that strong consitution of yours.
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

You probably don’t really need a boiler then with that strong consitution of yours.

Are you on a mission now? I need a boiler for hot water, let alone the central heating. It's handy.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

I need to know, as Arriva is the main bus service provider around here. I'm not sure whether that knowledge should apply just to men.

It’s the sort of thing men feel is important to talk about but women tend not to, therefore, you are a confirmed male poster.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:No. I've never had flu full stop to my knowledge. Put it this way, when I was studying at poly there was a flu outbreak there big time around about 1989, people were in sick bay, I got a bit of a cold, but still went to lectures.

Are you on a mission now? I need a boiler for hot water, let alone the central heating. It's handy.

Uh-huh.
You can give jokes but you can’t take them :again?:
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

It’s the sort of thing men feel is important to talk about but women tend not to, therefore, you are a confirmed male poster.

Are you talking about buses or flu here or both?
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Buses, timetables etc. I’ve never known anyone who’s never had the flu.
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Buses, timetables etc. I’ve never known anyone who’s never had the flu.

Like with just about anything in life there are always exceptions.

I didn't get chicken pox until my mid 30's AFAIK. I've asked my dad about this and he doesn't recollect it happening before then. I went to the office work at the time thinking it was an allergic reaction to something and was sent home.

I've had asthma a couple of times (once at my dad's place at the time, reasons unknown) and once at digs in Welwyn Garden City due to carpet fibres when I was moving to Luton, even when I was living there for about a year or so, I never suffered from it.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms