Random Stuff # 24

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 24

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Having to live with a teenager....i have to agree with Jack. No harm in asking a few questions Nucks, I'd do it for daugher or son

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I'd be concerned if my daughter shaved her hair off. She said she was thinking about having it cut into a bob a few weeks back. I said we'd look like twins.

Hasn't mentioned it since :pmsl:

Postby Bella » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

I've the the 19 year old lad and his mates playing at being DJ and MC almost every night :smilin:
Bella

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:Yes, all of it. :mrgreen: She’s fine, the look is growing on me now, she’s got a very pretty face so she can carry it off. Her only regret is that she waited until cold weather, she found it cold last night in bed. Teenagers have always done daring or silly things with their hair.

Not randomly out of the blue, with no prior discussion they don't. It's quite extreme don't you think? You seem to think it's no big deal. Strange that.

It’s just hair, it’ll grow back. If she wants it to that is. She might decide it’s a keeper, who knows. Was I shocked, yes, but when you think of all the mischief teens can get up to these days, it’s not that big a deal. So no, not strange. She’s still the same girl she was, talkative and slightly weird, but with less hair. :mrgreen:

To be fair Nucks it does seems to be a bit of a strange thing to do, especially out of the blue.

I do wonder if the reaction is because she’s a girl. If a 17 yr old lad shaved his head it wouldn’t be thought of as extreme at all. Females are held to a certain standard with regard to beauty and much of it is down to hair, but that doesn’t mean she or anyone else needs to conform to that standard. Will some people stare? Sure, so what? Would I do it? Probably not, but she shouldn’t have to adhere to my own insecurities about what my hair means to me. I think she’s quite brave actually.

Men have traditionally had on average shorter hair. This goes back to battle times in terms of hair pulling.

With your daughter it could be a rebellious thing, precocious teenagers and all that. It might suit her. She could be experimenting with hair styles. And so on.
jra

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 pm

There’s a bit of trend for females with shaved heads currently. Certainly on my instagram anyway. A good handful of beauty bloggers have shaved their heads recently.

I like it. I wouldn’t be concerned. I always change my hair on a whim.
NastyNickers

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 pm

It's so hot!
Middle of October almost and 17c at ten o-clock at night.
It's crazy weather.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:It's so hot!
Middle of October almost and 17c at ten o-clock at night.
It's crazy weather.

I like it. Mild weather that is.
jra

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:41 pm

NastyNickers wrote:There’s a bit of trend for females with shaved heads currently. Certainly on my instagram anyway. A good handful of beauty bloggers have shaved their heads recently.

And on the other hand. It's natural for the brain to make excuses as to something out the ordinary and to come up with reasons why the behaviour 'is just growing up' etc.

It's natural because it's painful to think of negative reasons. And we don't like pain.

Postby jra » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:21 am

Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:There’s a bit of trend for females with shaved heads currently. Certainly on my instagram anyway. A good handful of beauty bloggers have shaved their heads recently.

And on the other hand. It's natural for the brain to make excuses as to something out the ordinary and to come up with reasons why the behaviour 'is just growing up' etc.

It's natural because it's painful to think of negative reasons. And we don't like pain.

Eh!

Are you a shrink?
jra

Postby George » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 am

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:Yes, all of it. :mrgreen: She’s fine, the look is growing on me now, she’s got a very pretty face so she can carry it off. Her only regret is that she waited until cold weather, she found it cold last night in bed. Teenagers have always done daring or silly things with their hair.

Not randomly out of the blue, with no prior discussion they don't. It's quite extreme don't you think? You seem to think it's no big deal. Strange that.

It’s just hair, it’ll grow back. If she wants it to that is. She might decide it’s a keeper, who knows. Was I shocked, yes, but when you think of all the mischief teens can get up to these days, it’s not that big a deal. So no, not strange. She’s still the same girl she was, talkative and slightly weird, but with less hair. :mrgreen:

To be fair Nucks it does seems to be a bit of a strange thing to do, especially out of the blue.

I do wonder if the reaction is because she’s a girl. If a 17 yr old lad shaved his head it wouldn’t be thought of as extreme at all. Females are held to a certain standard with regard to beauty and much of it is down to hair, but that doesn’t mean she or anyone else needs to conform to that standard. Will some people stare? Sure, so what? Would I do it? Probably not, but she shouldn’t have to adhere to my own insecurities about what my hair means to me. I think she’s quite brave actually.

I agree with you Nucks, it’s of no great concern. especially if she is a bit impulsive.
George

Postby Dean » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 am

jra wrote:Men have traditionally had on average shorter hair.

What would we do on here without your little pearls of wisdom?
Dean

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:38 am

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good point about the reaction... men can walk about with their bottoms hanging out, shirt off etc... but a young girl shaves her head it's regarded as strange.

We have for years tried home dyes, trimmed ourselves. Experimented with most styles.

Fair play to her some can carry it of :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Vam » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I agree with the 'fair play to her', if she has the upfront confidence to carry it off - with a bit of a swagger, even! :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 am

Meghan and Harry are expecting a baby in Spring.
That was quick!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:19 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Meghan and Harry are expecting a baby in Spring.
That was quick!

They've been shagging for a couple of years no?
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive