Tory Scum

Re: Tory Scum

Postby jra » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Cannydc wrote:"Almost half of that is state pension, which is available to anybody over pensionable age"

Really ?

I'll tell the wife, she will be well chuffed as a British citizen with about 5 years of contributions. I'll tell her to quote you, if that's OK.

Looks like things have changed, regarding the basic state pension and SERPS, so I stand corrected.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Cyclops wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Reginald Maudling, outgoing Tory chancellor in 1964 :thumbsup:

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Another fact for Raven's Fact Free 'Read It In The Daily Fail' zone.

I don't read the daily mail but I am well aware this country's fortunes were shit at the time of the 2010 GE.

Actually, things were looking up, our economy had returned to healthy growth under Labour before the 2010 election. Austerity measures killed consumer and industrial confidence stone dead, we went backwards while America (using Brown's advice) returned to growth having rejected austerity policies out of hand.
So why did Labour not win the GE?

Did you see the post by Maddog in another thread where he said it doesn't matter what Trump says it's just words that have influence on almost nobody.
Well people read the MSM here and largely believe it all.
It's the Sun wot won it kind of mentality.
The British electorate are largely ignorant of politics and even less so of economics.
Ask your average voter the name of their MP and they don't know.
They know all the latest celebrity gossip though so why dfin't Labour win .... because they did what they were told.
They can be forgiven because they knew nothing about the economic crash and less about who would be best at fixing it.
Blame the media and it's public following.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Any good news from Phillip Hammond?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby jra » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm

LordRaven wrote:Any good news from Phillip Hammond?

It's not happening yet.

No doubt it will be a case of putting into one hand and taking out of the other.

Starts 15:30 GMT apparently.
jra

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 pm

jra wrote:

It's not happening yet.

No doubt it will be a case of putting into one hand and taking out of the other.

Starts 15:30 GMT apparently.

No 11 is on TV awaiting him coming out with his red briefcase
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:05 pm

#ToryScumOut :shoot:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Did I miss hear it .... my pension is going up to a thousand pounds a week?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Even May's rictus grin faded as Corbyn demolished the claim by Hammond that austerity was over.

Example after example - 4,000,000 children in poverty.... homelessness at record levels..... NHS waiting dramatically up....police numbers slashed while crime soars....workers between £4k and £8k worse off under Tories....even the poorest on UC penalised....

And the one thing I hoped to hear from this budget, that online companies would be taxed on UK sales, happened - or rather nearly did, because £400m to be raised is pitifully inadequate. It's a tiny fraction of what FB, Google, Amazon etc should be paying - and will under Labour.

Oh, and Hammond gave some money to schools, not to hire teachers and teaching assistants, but to pay for the books and pencils parents are currently having to pay for.

And Belfast MPs successfully lobbied for £2m to pay for restoration of a building that burned down - no insurance ? (Must be DUP MPs !!).
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:41 pm

This made me chuckle too - help for first time buyers.

The Government will extend the stamp duty relief for first-time buyers to purchases of shared ownership properties worth up to £500,000. That means qualifying purchasers will pay no stamp duty on the first £300,000 paid on the purchase of their home and 5% on the remainder up to the cap of £500,000. (Based on your household income and lifestyle, you can buy a share of your home and pay rent on the remaining share.)

So if I want to 'share own' a £500k house, I can buy in as low as £125k and pay rent for the remainder. Round here, about £1,000 a month for rent, and around £800 a month for mortgage assuming a £35,000 deposit ! To cover that requires £21,600 a year for accommodation alone....and £6,000 stamp duty.

Obviously the Tory idea of a first time buyer looks like Jacob Rees-Mogg's offspring.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:42 am

And my final comment which perfectly sums up the Tories and whose votes they are targeting...

If you are earning £50,000 a year, the chancellor has just handed you a £860 income tax cut – or six times the £130 that will go to someone who earns £12,500 a year.

The budget documents state that while the 26 million basic rate taxpayers will on average gain £20, the 4 million higher rate taxpayers will gain 11 times more – £228.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 am

Cannydc wrote:And my final comment which perfectly sums up the Tories and whose votes they are targeting...

If you are earning £50,000 a year, the chancellor has just handed you a £860 income tax cut – or six times the £130 that will go to someone who earns £12,500 a year.

The budget documents state that while the 26 million basic rate taxpayers will on average gain £20, the 4 million higher rate taxpayers will gain 11 times more – £228.

All good news then!

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs