Argentina will use no-deal Brexit to take back Falkland Isla

Re: Argentina will use no-deal Brexit to take back Falkland Isla

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:08 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Truly pathetic, this is the new section --take your childish trolling elsewhere.

Do you believe that people have the right to vote for others to die, Raven?

Why join the military if you don't expect a chance you might die in a conflict?

Postby McAz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Truly pathetic, this is the new section --take your childish trolling elsewhere.

What's that got to do with price of fish? :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:37 pm

WGAF? wrote:Consider our reaction had the Argies claimed the Orkneys a couple of centuries back, then you will understand their view of the Malvinas.

Well given the Dutch found New Holland (Australia) first I suppose you want us to ship all the Aussies over to Britain?
How about the Kiwis too, I mean where do we draw the line stop in your crazy view of justice?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

A valid question deserves an answer.

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:52 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

We don't really land a deep sea catch due to selling our North Sea quotas so we need to define the meaning of the word 'fish' . It's a nice word and a bit onomatopoeic when you think about it, swirling around in the weeds and stuff. I loved Finding Nemo!

I'm not sure of the tariffs involved with slugs and things with tentacles that we sell to the French and Spanish who seem to enjoy that sort of thing :dunno:

Perhaps they could find other countries that have edible nightmares living offshore to trade with the 0.5% that they contribute to the economy of this country? :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:Do you believe that people have the right to vote for others to die, Raven?

We don't really land a deep sea catch due to selling our North Sea quotas so we need to define the meaning of the word 'fish' . It's a nice word and a bit onomatopoeic when you think about it, swirling around in the weeds and stuff. I loved Finding Nemo!

I'm not sure of the tariffs involved with slugs and things with tentacles that we sell to the French and Spanish who seem to enjoy that sort of thing :dunno:

Perhaps they could find other countries that have edible nightmares living offshore to trade with the 0.5% that they contribute to the economy of this country? :ooer:

We don't really have that many places to go deep sea fishing off Britain anyway...

All of the fish featured on this page are very deep sea fish, meaning they live at depths of at least 1000 metres, and are found all the way down to depths of over 3000 metres. Most of the species profiled below are only found in two locations around the British Isles: the Rockall Trough and the Shetland-Faroe Channel, as these are the only locations which have water deep enough to provide a suitable habitat. The Rockall Trough is located in the Rockall Basin to the west of Ireland and contains underwater plateaus, trenches, ridges and seamounts. At its deepest point the Rockall Trough is thought to be 3500 metres below the surface. The Shetland-Faroe Channel is a similar feature, found to the north of Scotland, which is greater than 3000 metres at its deepest point. Both of these locations contain diverse, deep-sea eco-systems and are home to deep sea fish species which are not found anywhere else in British or Irish waters. Due to the immense depths at which these species live none of them have shore caught or boat caught records

http://britishseafishing.co.uk/fish-spe ... -sea-fish/
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rocthedog » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Guest wrote:Argentina could take advantage of uncertainty caused by a no-deal Brexit to bring the Falkland Islands back under its control, the country’s foreign minister has said.

Jorge Faurie suggested that Buenos Aires would exploit looser diplomatic ties between the UK and Brussels to “enhance” its position, as EU treaties will cease to apply and member states will no longer have to support the UK’s claim to the islands.

The comments came after a meeting with foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt amid uncertainty over the legal status of the UK’s overseas territories after Brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... onSJ3jA9Qs

Does anyone really care? :dunno: :shake head: (not me)

Interesting you brought up the Falklands, the one and only time I was there, I went through two magazines of 7.62. Helping in my small way to keep the Islands British. The people on the island were very grateful I spoke to a couple of Argies who told me and a couple of mates they did not want to be there. But politicians in Argentina were forcing the issue, plus they were conscripts with eight weeks of training. I will not get into the discussion of the why and wherefore of keeping the islands British. But I find it interesting that no one giving it large on this forum except me seems to have been there.
Rocthedog

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:49 pm

"I" has no meaning on your shared account, Roc.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:Argentina could take advantage of uncertainty caused by a no-deal Brexit to bring the Falkland Islands back under its control, the country’s foreign minister has said.

Jorge Faurie suggested that Buenos Aires would exploit looser diplomatic ties between the UK and Brussels to “enhance” its position, as EU treaties will cease to apply and member states will no longer have to support the UK’s claim to the islands.

The comments came after a meeting with foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt amid uncertainty over the legal status of the UK’s overseas territories after Brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... onSJ3jA9Qs

Does anyone really care? :dunno: :shake head: (not me)

Interesting you brought up the Falklands, the one and only time I was there, I went through two magazines of 7.62. Helping in my small way to keep the Islands British. The people on the island were very grateful I spoke to a couple of Argies who told me and a couple of mates they did not want to be there. But politicians in Argentina were forcing the issue, plus they were conscripts with eight weeks of training. I will not get into the discussion of the why and wherefore of keeping the islands British. But I find it interesting that no one giving it large on this forum except me seems to have been there.

With your personal experience I’m guessing you know more about this subject than the rest of us out together.
The climate doesn’t sound attractive for the Argentinians.
What could they possibly want the islands for?

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:10 pm

:pmsl:

Gosh, yes, it's a mystery. :roll:
McAz

Postby Help for heroes » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:11 pm

McAz wrote::pmsl:

Roc’s a war hero and you’re a snide.
Help for heroes

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Help for heroes wrote:

Which Roc, there's more than one of you, Roc?
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Help for heroes wrote:

Why is he a hero?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Unbiased guest » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:49 pm

McAz wrote:
Help for heroes wrote:

Which Roc, there's more than one of you, Roc?

Where do we send your white feathers?
Unbiased guest

Postby Help for heroes » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Help for heroes wrote:

Why is he a hero?

The fact that you even have to ask that question suggests you are daft.
Help for heroes

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs