Halloween

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Halloween

Postby Drunk Dalek » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Some lunatic fired an airburst firework horizontally along the road into the outside sitting area of the bar I was in on halloween. :yikes:

Halloween night was nuts where I live, Chelsea had a home match and as usual that caused massive traffic congestion plus there were thousands of people on the kerbs, mainly parents and children going through the trick or treat business -- it was absolute mayhem.

I was sat outside a bar with a few friends watching the world go by because a friend who's recently got married was allowed out for good behaviour, his having spent a week erecting flat pack furniture.

I happened to be looking down the road when I saw a guy about 100M away pointing something at the bar area and I saw a flash and detonation from something he was holding and in an instant there was a blinding white flash and an ear splitting loud bang to my left. A truly white blinding flash which stayed with me when I first opened my eyes and my ears were ringing like Tom Hanks on the beach in Saving Private Ryan.
uickly regained my senses and looked behind me where the impact had occurred and a guy who'd just walked in, who happened to be wearing a body warmer, was on fire. It had hit him in the back and exploded setting fire to his body warmer. His friend put out the flames but the body warmer was a mess of melted holes 12" in diameter. He took it off and his shirt had an even larger diameter of black smudges and obvious scorch marks. However he said he was fine and just brushed it off.

The police were called and asked us what we saw but I'm sure the very little we could tell them was of no consequence.

We do have nutters living amongst us without doubt.

What the fuck is wrong with people? It's just a shame it didn't explode as soon as he lit it.

Is that a photo of the incident in your avi? :laughing:

No that's my neighbours house after he pissed me off :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:Anyone totally bored will be able to watch the live stream

https://live.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/

If it works :ooer:

Last year the stream was a total failure :gigglesnshit:

That's the spirit! :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Stooo wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:Anyone totally bored will be able to watch the live stream

https://live.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/

If it works :ooer:

Last year the stream was a total failure :gigglesnshit:

That's the spirit! :mrgreen:

The live stream is up. The main parade (large illuminated carts) are not due to reach the cameras until around 8pm
Drunk Dalek

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 pm

A serious breakdown has delayed the whole procession. I’m so glad I didn’t bother going :gigglesnshit:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:22 am

Drunk Dalek

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:18 am

Drunk Dalek wrote:

Is that the same as the Lewes Carnival where they do effigys of all the current favourite people to hate?
Did they do a Trump one?
Lady Murasaki

Postby anon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:23 pm

BUDGIE wrote:Despite the fact you are culturally appropriating Halloween from the Irish, how do you plan spending it?

I'm going to a party in a cheeky Oscar Pistorious costume (water pistol, FYI) with an "I VOTED FOR BREXIT" banner round my fat back.

I'd have bought the Jimmy Savile outfit but Amazon can't deliver for tomorrow AM.

I considered Blackface but that would be too controversial. So Pistorious it is!

What you doing?

Which reminds me of a joke.

Oscar Pistorious wanted a new door but his missus was dead against it.

Hallowe'ens routes are in satanism and ritual child sacrifice. Nothing to celebrate.
anon

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:

Is that the same as the Lewes Carnival where they do effigys of all the current favourite people to hate?
Did they do a Trump one?

No, nothing like the Lewes one.
Drunk Dalek

Postby Gerontius » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:20 pm

anon wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Despite the fact you are culturally appropriating Halloween from the Irish, how do you plan spending it?

I'm going to a party in a cheeky Oscar Pistorious costume (water pistol, FYI) with an "I VOTED FOR BREXIT" banner round my fat back.

I'd have bought the Jimmy Savile outfit but Amazon can't deliver for tomorrow AM.

I considered Blackface but that would be too controversial. So Pistorious it is!

What you doing?

Which reminds me of a joke.

Oscar Pistorious wanted a new door but his missus was dead against it.

Hallowe'ens routes are in satanism and ritual child sacrifice. Nothing to celebrate.

Bloody killjoy!
Gerontius

Postby Drunk Dalek » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Stooo wanted some pictures so I shamelessly stole these off the interwebnetthingy :leer:

Drunk Dalek

Postby Drunk Dalek » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Drunk Dalek

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 am

Looked good.
Lady Murasaki

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms