Random Stuff # 25

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 25

Postby Kranek » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Nucks wrote:
Kranek wrote:Why is it so hard to find greetings cards for crap parents? Everything either has wonderful, special, or amazing plastered on the front. And, when it doesn't it contains a verse that makes them sound like the sun shines out of their arse.

There must be demand out there for a 'got you this because it's standard' cards?

http://cdn.ecommercedns.uk/files/7/2245 ... /image.jpg

:gigglesnshit:

Alternatively, you could just get them a birthday or other occasion card that’s generic and blank inside. Loads of those around.

Thanks. And, Drunk Dalek too.

Oh, I could never get a blank one. Much as I can't stand either of them I still wouldn't want to offend either (which that would!).
Kranek

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:01 am

Kranek wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Kranek wrote:Why is it so hard to find greetings cards for crap parents? Everything either has wonderful, special, or amazing plastered on the front. And, when it doesn't it contains a verse that makes them sound like the sun shines out of their arse.

There must be demand out there for a 'got you this because it's standard' cards?

Alternatively, you could just get them a birthday or other occasion card that’s generic and blank inside. Loads of those around.

Oh, I could never get a blank one. Much as I can't stand either of them I still wouldn't want to offend either (which that would!).

If you can’t stand them why get them anything?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Kranek » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Kranek wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Well, I haven't spoken with my dad for a around 5 years so it's not a problem there.

And, to put it clinically, she's mid-70's now so I might as well carry on doing the bear minimum. If she were in her 50's, and I realised then what I do now, then she'd be consigned to history.
Kranek

Postby jra » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:And thank Nucks btw, for giving me a heads up for a railway/train related programme.

:thumbsup: No problem. Have you watched any yet?

Not yet. I've got 4 episodes recorded.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Kranek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Kranek wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Well, I haven't spoken with my dad for a around 5 years so it's not a problem there.

And, to put it clinically, she's mid-70's now so I might as well carry on doing the bear minimum. If she were in her 50's, and I realised then what I do now, then she'd be consigned to history.

Doesn’t there come a point in adult life where you stop blaming your parents for stuff? Unless there’s been extreme abuse I’d say most parents just did/do the best they know how with the tools in parenting they were given.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Kranek » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Doesn’t there come a point in adult life where you stop blaming your parents for stuff? Unless there’s been extreme abuse I’d say most parents just did/do the best they know how with the tools in parenting they were given.

Without wishing to offend, that's a sweeping generalisation you made there. I've got good reasons, and so have my other four siblings that don't bother with them either.
Kranek

Postby Niv » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Kranek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Without wishing to offend, that's a sweeping generalisation you made there. I've got good reasons, and so have my other four siblings that don't bother with them either.

It was a very sweeping generalisation! You have your reasons for not wanting much of a relationship with your parents. You do what you feel is right for you. :thumbsup:
Niv

Postby Goodwife » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Kranek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Just don't bother & send a text late in the day to say happy birthday did you get the card I sent in the post?

When she says no, oopsie it must have got lost :mrgreen:

I wouldn't even bother doing that to be honest, just ignore it completely
Goodwife

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Kranek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I don’t doubt it. So why beat yourself up about a greeting card?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Nivarna wrote:
Kranek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

It was a very sweeping generalisation! You have your reasons for not wanting much of a relationship with your parents. You do what you feel is right for you. :thumbsup:

What sweeping generalisation? Can’t you socks do anything better than rubbish trolling, like actually add something to the forum?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Kranek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I hope for your own well-being that you have a good relationship with your siblings. I cannot imagine not loving (or liking) one's parents. Life can be a lonely path at times for all of us and family help you navigate your way through the rougher times. My life has certainly felt lonelier since my Mum died and my sisters are the only ones who really get it. My kids all get on well, apart from silly sibling-type fall outs and long may that continue. Even in the future, with partners and their own children they will continue to need each other throughout their lives.
Cleopatra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Attachments
fannies.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:59 am

Just put my headphones on turned the volume up a little.
Something not quite right.
Took them off and spider ... a large bristly spider walked out of one of the ear cups ... with rhythm.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Dean » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Just put my headphones on turned the volume up a little.
Took them off and spider ... a large bristly spider walked out of one of the ear cups ... with rhythm.

It’s probably laid eggs in your ear...
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:40 am

Dean wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Just put my headphones on turned the volume up a little.

It’s probably laid eggs in your ear...

Not the first time it's happened either.
Make a change from an earworm.
I'll probably see little baby spiders cross on the inside of my eyes ... be like a computer animation.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive