Abolish All Non-STEM Degrees!

A right load of bollocks...

Abolish All Non-STEM Degrees!

Postby Man of Knowledge » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Nothing angers, offends and triggers me more than the amount of pointless degrees plaguing my country! We should scrap all degrees that aren't STEM. The only thing that non-STEM degrees do is make young people more stupidier than they already are. Scrap non STEM degrees so we don't have stupid people who graduate in them get paid less than illegals picking crops in America and spend their lives as loser virgins. Employers view people with Humanities and Social Science degrees as people who took a 3-4 year course to make themselves more stupid. That is a fact and anyone who disagrees or tries to prove me wrong is a big stupid who did a useless degree thanks to my hard earned cash money!
Man of Knowledge

Re: Abolish All Non-STEM Degrees!

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:27 pm

My Son has recently completed a two year foundation degree in criminology with psychology and is doing his last year studying the one that he needs to get into the filth, there are some jobs that demand non-STEM degrees.

You probably didn't think this through when you made the OP.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:32 pm

If people want to pay for them it's up to them but the taxpayer shouldn't be paying for them and in the main isn't anymore.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:If people want to pay for them it's up to them but the taxpayer shouldn't be paying for them and in the main isn't anymore.

So your point is?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Man of Knowledge » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Stooo wrote:My Son has recently completed a two year foundation degree in criminology with psychology and is doing his last year studying the one that he needs to get into the filth, there are some jobs that demand non-STEM degrees.

But most of them are. English, Politics, History, Sociology, Philosophy, Drama, Music degrees are shite and useless for getting high paying jobs. Businesses like Goldman Sacs won't touch those students with a bargepole.
Man of Knowledge

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:21 pm

:pmsl:

Humanities is a wonderful feather in the cap. Bit of history, literature and religious philosophy. :Hiya:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Man of Knowledge wrote:
Stooo wrote:My Son has recently completed a two year foundation degree in criminology with psychology and is doing his last year studying the one that he needs to get into the filth, there are some jobs that demand non-STEM degrees.

But most of them are. English, Politics, History, Sociology, Philosophy, Drama, Music degrees are shite and useless for getting high paying jobs. Businesses like Goldman Sacs won't touch those students with a bargepole.

Not everyone wants to get a high paying job, some want a vocational career, some people have a passion for learning those disciplines and use that knowledge to enhance their life.
Lady Murasaki

Postby George » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Man of Knowledge wrote:

I know a couple of people that have got well paid jobs after achieving a history or English degree. Not all people want a high paying job and would rather have one that gave them job satisfaction.
George

Postby Niv » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Man of Knowledge wrote:

On the flip side, there's many, many companies that wont let you through to the interview stage unless you've got a degree, let alone employ you.
Niv

Postby Middens » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Because everyone wants to work for a multinational banking company?
Middens

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Your son doing a degree in criminology and going into the police?! You couldn’t make it up!! Lol!!!!!

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Guest wrote:

Your son doing a degree in criminology and going into the police?! You couldn’t make it up!! Lol!!!!!

Make what up?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 pm

I think guest is saying your son wouldn't get through the vetting procedures having a close relative with a criminal record.

I bet it depends on what the crime is though.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Guest wrote:

Ikr.
Who’d have thought a criminology degree would end up in a police role?!?! I was totes not expecting that.
NastyNickers

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:35 pm

I think the only people who shouldn't have been doing degrees are those that went into them at a time when they were fully taxpayer funded and then fucked off after the first year or so - irrespective of the type of degree
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms