What is electricity?

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Re: What is electricity?

Postby I aye » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Compost corner wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I was asked this question by a 14 year old a couple of months back and struggled with an answer.
Without Googling can you answer the question?

The applied transmission of electrons through suitable materials that work as conduits to conduct the resulting electrical line to the desired target device in order to power it.

and what of static which through out the electrical industries is regard it as a nusance? even though it is the only evidence there is for it to be gravity.
User avatar
I aye
 

Re: What is electricity?

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Surely a better proof of gravity is that no-one yet has fallen off the planet? :dunno:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31343
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby I aye » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:energy produced by one mass colliding with or interacting with another mass
:more beer:


Mass is slowed down energy...

Incorrect! the other way round Stooo. momentum increases mass. for the past year I have been formulating a concise explination of reincarnation. the Earth Air Wind and Fire is incorrect. there are only two estates matter can exist, solid or gas. everything inbetween is liquid which is the result of preasure and mass. Matter remains in a stable estate till some influence causes a change. If you take a leap of imgination and consider solid as Our eyes percive all We are familiar with. and gas as the Spirit, it should come as no surprise that Our bodies are a liquid state with currents and flows that rarely if ever mix. if there is mixing then the person is ill. the body is in a constant state of motion, like the mind. gaining authority over the solid and gasious Estates within so flows can balance each other out ( like magnets ++ repel +- generates current) thus aquireing a true Estate that is in harmony with it self and that which supports the Estate, ie You, Me, Us, Our and Aye (Eye as in God is always watching) Everybody *jazz hands*
User avatar
I aye
 

Re: What is electricity?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:13 pm

McAz wrote:Surely a better proof of gravity is that no-one yet has fallen off the planet? :dunno:

that is why I said evidence and not proof. gravity is evident, there is no need to proove it is there. the larger the object the greater its mass. as the influence of a body weakens so dose its static field. and vice versa, the greater the mass the greater the static charge.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What is electricity?

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:Surely a better proof of gravity is that no-one yet has fallen off the planet? :dunno:

that is why I said evidence and not proof. gravity is evident, there is no need to proove it is there. the larger the object the greater its mass. as the influence of a body weakens so dose its static field. and vice versa, the greater the mass the greater the static charge.


"Largeness" has nothing to do with mass - mass is a measure of the quantity of matter in a body. The mass of a small black hole, for instance, may be very much greater than that that of much larger "regular" star.

Besides, my comment was meant tongue in cheek. :roll:between one place or thing and

As to static electricity, it is just like regular electricity - that is, an electron flow caused by a potential difference between one place or thing and another.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31343
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:54 pm

That post went a little wrong . :gigglesnshit:

Think of static electricity as a potential difference (or imbalance) but within the same object or material (not like current electricity). A charge builds up on or in the material or object (such as a car) which will discharge when an appropriate conductor (you) comes in contact with it.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31343
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:18 am

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:Surely a better proof of gravity is that no-one yet has fallen off the planet? :dunno:

that is why I said evidence and not proof. gravity is evident, there is no need to proove it is there. the larger the object the greater its mass. as the influence of a body weakens so dose its static field. and vice versa, the greater the mass the greater the static charge.


"Largeness" has nothing to do with mass - mass is a measure of the quantity of matter in a body. The mass of a small black hole, for instance, may be very much greater than that that of much larger "regular" star.

Besides, my comment was meant tongue in cheek. :roll:between one place or thing and

As to static electricity, it is just like regular electricity - that is, an electron flow caused by a potential difference between one place or thing and another.

how fast dose Earth travel through space? Mass has nothing to do with matter! Your car weighs the same static as it dose in motion. the mass of the car is calculated by stopping distance. two cars traveling at 60 mph in a head on collision the mass energy released has no where to go except the drivers. Both drivers marginal beyond point of impact will be traveling at 120 mph. You ain't gona walk away from that without a higher powers intervention. even wearing a seat belt Your Organs well hit speeds no less than half the Bodies speed. and there is an example of kinetc energy from car to Body to Organs. the mass of a singularity is unknown. I call it conciousness!
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:29 am

McAz wrote:That post went a little wrong . :gigglesnshit:

Think of static electricity as a potential difference (or imbalance) but within the same object or material (not like current electricity). A charge builds up on or in the material or object (such as a car) which will discharge when an appropriate conductor (you) comes in contact with it.

: ) so don't touch the landing rail of a helicopter before it Earths it self. or I am Earthed :thumbsup: I have been mesmerised by static for almost as long as I can remember. have an nc in electrical engineering I for some reason never managed to make a carrier with it :bawlin: Your definition is the first time I have heard the expression of static.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby Compost corner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:59 am

I aye wrote:
Compost corner wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I was asked this question by a 14 year old a couple of months back and struggled with an answer.
Without Googling can you answer the question?

The applied transmission of electrons through suitable materials that work as conduits to conduct the resulting electrical line to the desired target device in order to power it.

and what of static which through out the electrical industries is regard it as a nusance? even though it is the only evidence there is for it to be gravity.

That is nonsensical. Maglev trains disprove your theory
User avatar
Compost corner
 

Re: What is electricity?

Postby Compost corner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 am

E=MC2 explains it all.
Being big doesn’t necessarily make things have more gravity, density/mass does.
A pulsar 10 miles in diameter is so dense one teaspoon full of its material would weigh ten million tons, whereas a table spoon of the sun’s core weighs 2250 grammes.
The former has a greater gravitational pull, plus it spins hundreds of times a second and emits dangerous radiation from its poles.
Both have a magnetosphere but look at Mars, which has cooled internally and has no plate tectonics, which has no overall magnetosphere only small sporadic areas of magnetism.
But Mars and the Moon, both dead worlds have gravity, so magnetism cannot be gravity and to consider it as gravity is plain wrong.
User avatar
Compost corner
 

Re: What is electricity?

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:34 am

I aye wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:energy produced by one mass colliding with or interacting with another mass
:more beer:


Mass is slowed down energy...

Incorrect! the other way round Stooo. momentum increases mass. for the past year I have been formulating a concise explination of reincarnation. the Earth Air Wind and Fire is incorrect. there are only two estates matter can exist, solid or gas. everything inbetween is liquid which is the result of preasure and mass. Matter remains in a stable estate till some influence causes a change. If you take a leap of imgination and consider solid as Our eyes percive all We are familiar with. and gas as the Spirit, it should come as no surprise that Our bodies are a liquid state with currents and flows that rarely if ever mix. if there is mixing then the person is ill. the body is in a constant state of motion, like the mind. gaining authority over the solid and gasious Estates within so flows can balance each other out ( like magnets ++ repel +- generates current) thus aquireing a true Estate that is in harmony with it self and that which supports the Estate, ie You, Me, Us, Our and Aye (Eye as in God is always watching) Everybody *jazz hands*


That is incorrect, matter can be Solid, Liquid, Gas or Plasma, and if you extend that into Einsteins theories it can also I suppose be converted into Energy -- as per Nukes.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 29143
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: What is electricity?

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:38 am

LordRaven wrote:
I aye wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:energy produced by one mass colliding with or interacting with another mass
:more beer:


Mass is slowed down energy...

Incorrect! the other way round Stooo. momentum increases mass. for the past year I have been formulating a concise explination of reincarnation. the Earth Air Wind and Fire is incorrect. there are only two estates matter can exist, solid or gas. everything inbetween is liquid which is the result of preasure and mass. Matter remains in a stable estate till some influence causes a change. If you take a leap of imgination and consider solid as Our eyes percive all We are familiar with. and gas as the Spirit, it should come as no surprise that Our bodies are a liquid state with currents and flows that rarely if ever mix. if there is mixing then the person is ill. the body is in a constant state of motion, like the mind. gaining authority over the solid and gasious Estates within so flows can balance each other out ( like magnets ++ repel +- generates current) thus aquireing a true Estate that is in harmony with it self and that which supports the Estate, ie You, Me, Us, Our and Aye (Eye as in God is always watching) Everybody *jazz hands*


That is incorrect, matter can be Solid, Liquid, Gas or Plasma, and if you extend that into Einsteins theories it can also I suppose be converted into Energy -- as per Nukes.

And at the quantum level matter and energy may be one and the same.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31343
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
I aye wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:energy produced by one mass colliding with or interacting with another mass
:more beer:


Mass is slowed down energy...

Incorrect! the other way round Stooo. momentum increases mass. for the past year I have been formulating a concise explination of reincarnation. the Earth Air Wind and Fire is incorrect. there are only two estates matter can exist, solid or gas. everything inbetween is liquid which is the result of preasure and mass. Matter remains in a stable estate till some influence causes a change. If you take a leap of imgination and consider solid as Our eyes percive all We are familiar with. and gas as the Spirit, it should come as no surprise that Our bodies are a liquid state with currents and flows that rarely if ever mix. if there is mixing then the person is ill. the body is in a constant state of motion, like the mind. gaining authority over the solid and gasious Estates within so flows can balance each other out ( like magnets ++ repel +- generates current) thus aquireing a true Estate that is in harmony with it self and that which supports the Estate, ie You, Me, Us, Our and Aye (Eye as in God is always watching) Everybody *jazz hands*


That is incorrect, matter can be Solid, Liquid, Gas or Plasma, and if you extend that into Einsteins theories it can also I suppose be converted into Energy -- as per Nukes.

And at the quantum level matter and energy may be one and the same.

Yes indeed, all one and the same. But the fact we can theoretically be in two places at once is mind boggling :yikes:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 29143
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: What is electricity?

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:35 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:And at the quantum level matter and energy may be one and the same.

Yes indeed, all one and the same. But the fact we can theoretically be in two places at once is mind boggling :yikes:

Well, not "we", but instead the electrons that make up "we" - and more accurately "all places at once" since electrons are not subject to Time as we understand or experience it. Though none of this is certain.

Stooo is fond of the single electron hypothesis - "being everything at once" - I'm not so sure.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 31343
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is electricity?

Postby LordRaven » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:And at the quantum level matter and energy may be one and the same.

Yes indeed, all one and the same. But the fact we can theoretically be in two places at once is mind boggling :yikes:

Well, not "we", but instead the electrons that make up "we" - and more accurately "all places at once" since electrons are not subject to Time as we understand or experience it. Though none of this is certain.

Stooo is fond of the single electron hypothesis - "being everything at once" - I'm not so sure.



Einstein was right, you can be in two places at once | The Independent
https://www.independent.co.uk › News › Science
17 Dec 2010 - They even managed to get it to vibrate in two energy states at once, both a lot and a little – a phenomenon allowed only by the rules of quantum mechanics. "Physicists still haven't achieved a two-places-at-once state with a tiny object like this one," Mr Cho said.

And as for electrons, are they particles or waves?

Beam me up, Scotty! Scientists teleport photons 300 miles into space
Star Trek tech is still way off but successful test of quantum entanglement at Earth-space distance boosts hope for building an unhackable quantum internet

Chinese scientists have teleported an object from Earth to a satellite orbiting 300 miles away in space, in a demonstration that has echoes of science fiction.

The feat sets a new record for quantum teleportation, an eerie phenomenon in which the complete properties of one particle are instantaneously transferred to another – in effect teleporting it to a distant location.

Scientists have hailed the advance as a significant step towards the goal of creating an unhackable quantum internet.

“Space-scale teleportation can be realised and is expected to play a key role in the future distributed quantum internet,” the authors, led by Professor Chao-Yang Lu from the University of Science and Technology of China, wrote in the paper.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... into-space
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 29143
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

PreviousNext

Return to Science And Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest