poppies

A right load of bollocks...

Re: poppies

Postby BUDGIE » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 pm

Stooo wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Let me clarify...

I had a British grandad and a Russian grandad.

So, like a spit roast, they were working both ends of the filthy krauts at one time. My great grandfather Dimitri, who was the British one, was a member of the SAS. Lordy knew him.

My other grandfather, Dave, he was Spetsnaz.

You were hatched on a rock at the seaside...

It's secret, I can't comment....

But let's just say my grandmothers, they spoke highly of my grandfather's.. even if they never met.

Let me be blunt: if it wasn't for a turkey baster carried 20 miles over no man's land, I wouldn't be here.
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:Poca, sort your fucking avatar out! eyebrow

:bum:

Good girl!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby BUDGIE » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Gabby wrote:

Why do you hate freedom, you racist bint???

Millions of coloured people died in WW2 for your right to have a broken webcam...
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:57 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Millions of coloured people died in WW2 for your right to have a broken webcam...

Aaah, go boil ya bollox! :dafinger:
Gabby

Postby BUDGIE » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Gabby wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Aaah, go boil ya bollox! :dafinger:

:trollface:
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Niv » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:09 pm

I've brought loads of the paper red poppies. Sodding things fall off. Soooo I've got a pin type poppy. I've also got a purple poppy. I've more than supported the cause. :hap:
Niv

Postby WGAF? » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:17 pm

As I was putting on my coat yesterday the pin on my poppy went right through my finger. Red blood on a white poppy.
WGAF?

Postby Guest (Typed out) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Gabby wrote:I have a purple one...

I expect you've got a purple drain in memory of Prince.
Guest (Typed out)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 pm

WGAF? wrote:As I was putting on my coat yesterday the pin on my poppy went right through my finger. Red blood on a white poppy.

Good.

Postby WGAF? » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Guest wrote:
WGAF? wrote:As I was putting on my coat yesterday the pin on my poppy went right through my finger. Red blood on a white poppy.

Good.

I though so too, it added a certain poignancy to the occasion.
WGAF?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm

WGAF? wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good.

..and..just as you wish for you can try and get some attention to. Win win.

Postby WGAF? » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Guest wrote:
WGAF? wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good.

..and..just as you wish for you can try and get some attention to. Win win.

Win, win? The Festival of Remembrance?
WGAF?

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Some sick fuckers here today. :shake head:
McAz

Postby Kranek » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Okay, I'm going to get flamed for this but...

I don't see the point? If the money was going directly to the veterans who fought in the World Wars then I'd happily donate. They're the ones who fought for our freedom.

Today's veterans? They're cannon fodder for the politicians fighting wars that, win or lose, are going to make no difference to the world. Terrorism will never disappear, and arguably, the meddling of UK military has made things worse. The old line of fighting for my freedom is a load of bollocks - they're used to protect the interests of politicians.

I like the Swiss idea of military neutrality. Only getting involved in matters that directly affect their interests. I've yet to see their rights and freedom at risk.

So, no - no interest in the poppy. I don't need one to respect or remember what happened over 70 years ago. Nowadays, people sign up willingly to the armed forces and I think it's up to them and all others in the services to be charitable towards one another. Should they actually ever have to really fight for my freedom I'd give them anything I could.
Kranek

Postby WGAF? » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Kranek wrote:Okay, I'm going to get flamed for this but...

I don't see the point? If the money was going directly to the veterans who fought in the World Wars then I'd happily donate. They're the ones who fought for our freedom.

Today's veterans? They're cannon fodder for the politicians fighting wars that, win or lose, are going to make no difference to the world. Terrorism will never disappear, and arguably, the meddling of UK military has made things worse. The old line of fighting for my freedom is a load of bollocks - they're used to protect the interests of politicians.

I like the Swiss idea of military neutrality. Only getting involved in matters that directly affect their interests. I've yet to see their rights and freedom at risk.

So, no - no interest in the poppy. I don't need one to respect or remember what happened over 70 years ago. Nowadays, people sign up willingly to the armed forces and I think it's up to them and all others in the services to be charitable towards one another. Should they actually ever have to really fight for my freedom I'd give them anything I could.

You make a sound point which caused me to Google where the poppy money goes. I found this "By buying a red poppy each year you are supporting a new generation of veterans and armed forces personnel."

I will be reviewing my position next year, I don't want to support a new generation of people engaged in killing.
WGAF?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms