Brexit Satire

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire

Postby jra » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:The E-mail is in the post !

Trouble is, she (Liz Truss) suffers from selective deafness - especially if the Maybot tells her to.

Every little helps. The latest credible poll is at 54% remain, we're losing around 1500 jobs a day and prices are going up while house prices are failing. We've gone from the top of the G7 list of economic growth to the bottom in two years. and I have yet to see unicorns on the horizon...

I'd need some evidence about those claims.
jra

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes JRA. Ofc they will not be able to back any of their deluded dribblings up.

However good to see UK is now out growing the Eurozone by 3 times!

https://order-order.com/2018/11/09/brit ... -eurozone/

Looking fwd to this being our last Christmas as part of this hopelessly over expensive over bureaucratic un democratic shambles of a political project.

Brexit

:cuppaT:

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 pm

jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:The E-mail is in the post !

Trouble is, she (Liz Truss) suffers from selective deafness - especially if the Maybot tells her to.

Every little helps. The latest credible poll is at 54% remain, we're losing around 1500 jobs a day and prices are going up while house prices are failing. We've gone from the top of the G7 list of economic growth to the bottom in two years. and I have yet to see unicorns on the horizon...

I'd need some evidence about those claims.

https://www.channel4.com/news/major-new ... rds-remain
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Welsh Karma...

The Welsh town of Llanelli – which voted 56.7 per cent to leave the EU in the referendum – has been left reeling after a major manufacturer upped sticks due to Brexit.

Global firm Schaeffler announced this week that it is to close its plant in Llanelli due to uncertainty over Britain’s departure from the European Union.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... srU6gKiufw
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:49 pm

I like where this is going.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Looks like that woman in Northern Ireland might be giving the British tax payers the two billion quid back ...... no?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Looks like that woman in Northern Ireland might be giving the British tax payers the two billion quid back ...... no?

We can have it back - in blocks of Semtex.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Looks like that woman in Northern Ireland might be giving the British tax payers the two billion quid back ...... no?

Threatening a democratic nation with a democratic mandate for self determination. Left wing per chance?

Postby Cannydc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Threatening a democratic nation with a democratic mandate for self determination. Left wing per chance?

WTF are you rabbiting on about now ?

I'm sure you understood the point that peace in Ireland is under severe threat if a hard Brexit-induced border transpires.
Cannydc

Postby wutang » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:27 am

wutang

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 am

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

I'm sure you understood the point that peace in Ireland is under severe threat if a hard Brexit-induced border transpires.

As a sovereign nation when we deliver a democratic mandate to our government upon how we wish to be governed that is it. If violence from other states or state actors is threatened we shall not bow to such. We dont have to put any infrastructure up at the horder. If the EU choose to so be it.

I see jezza has said no second vote, that brexit cannot be cancelled. You voting lib dem again? :gigglesnshit:

Postby Cannydc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

As a sovereign nation when we deliver a democratic mandate to our government upon how we wish to be governed that is it. If violence from other states or state actors is threatened we shall not bow to such. We dont have to put any infrastructure up at the horder. If the EU choose to so be it.

I see jezza has said no second vote, that brexit cannot be cancelled. You voting lib dem again? :gigglesnshit:

Complete drivel, and you know it.

And so do the people of NI, ROI and politicians on all sides. As a 'third country' outside the EU customs union a hard border is simply obligatory.

Idiots like you won't get a look in, or a choice in the matter, thank heavens.

And there will be a second vote - it is inevitable the moment Treeza's deal is voted down in the HOC. Which it will be. And Jezza is obliged to do what the party tells him to do.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:I see jezza has said no second vote, that brexit cannot be cancelled. You voting lib dem again? :gigglesnshit:

Complete drivel, and you know it..

No, it's not:

"Jeremy Corbyn says Brexit 'can't be stopped' amid calls for second referendum
'We can't stop it. The referendum took place. Article 50 has been triggered.'"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 26871.html

"Jeremy Corbyn: ‘We can’t stop Brexit’
The Labour leader told Der Spiegel it was important to understand why people voted to leave the European Union.
By PAUL DALLISON 11/9/18, 8:04 PM CET Updated 11/9/18, 8:09 PM CET
Brexit can’t be stopped, according to U.K. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn."

https://www.politico.eu/article/jeremy- ... op-brexit/

"Labour MPs criticise Corbyn for saying 'we can't stop' Brexit"

https://www.politico.eu/article/jeremy- ... op-brexit/
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Corbyn is bound by party policy, so he can say whatever he likes, it matters not. Labour with Tory rebels will vote down Treeza's 'deal' and the result will either be a 'People's Vote' or a GE. Either way, Brexit is dead in the water.
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Doesn't the party you support believe in democratically determined policy, Mongo?
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive