Films

Re: Films

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm

July 22... new film about Anders Breivik and that awful day. Very emotional film but well worth a watch...
Dean

Postby Wilson » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Dean wrote:July 22... new film about Anders Breivik and that awful day. Very emotional film but well worth a watch...

I keep seeing that pop up on Netflix but not sure I want to watch it. Could well imagine something like that happening in the UK.
Wilson

Postby Nucks » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 am

The new Halloween film. Not bad but basically none of the sequels exist in the Halloween universe if we are to accept the premise of this one, ie. he’s been incarcerated and observed for the last 40 years, since the night (1978) he killed Laurie’s friends while she was babysitting across the road. And how bloody old is he meant to be? :gigglesnshit: Don’t serial killers retire?
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Watched it last night. Bo Rap.
Shame Keys isn’t here to discuss it.

It was emotional! Quite surprised about a lot of Mercury’s life, had no idea he had to put up with so many racists . He never let on or came across as a victim.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Watched it last night. Bo Rap.

It was emotional! Quite surprised about a lot of Mercury’s life, had no idea he had to put up with so many racists . He never let on or came across as a victim.

I really fancied seeing this but the reviews put me off. Also the fact it's a 12! I'm not desperate to see lots of gratuitous sex but I can't imagine the life of Freddie Mercury being a 'family friendly' movie. :dunno:
Wilson

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Wilson wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Watched it last night. Bo Rap.

I really fancied seeing this but the reviews put me off. Also the fact it's a 12! I'm not desperate to see lots of gratuitous sex but I can't imagine the life of Freddie Mercury being a 'family friendly' movie. :dunno:

There were no actual sex scenes. The 12 cert was probably for the swearing. The main actor wasn’t great but the other band members’ actors were quite convincing.
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:47 am

I have recently watched Sicario 2 and as per the first film it is quite gripping and well worth a watc.

Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom was a bit weird and very much open ended -- leaving us waiting for the next film, bastards!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Wilson » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Coherence.

A dinner party that takes a really sinister turn. I won't say anymore because it's best watched knowing as little as possible. It's really clever & unnerving though.
Wilson

Postby Dean » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Wilson wrote:Coherence.

A dinner party that takes a really sinister turn. I won't say anymore because it's best watched knowing as little as possible. It's really clever & unnerving though.

Love this film, stumbled on it a while back and watched it 3 or 4 times now. There’s a film called The Circle (not the recent Tom Hanks one) that you’ll enjoy...
Dean

Postby xtras1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 am

War Dogs.. great film based on a true story. If only they paid the $100,000.
xtras1

Postby Nucks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 am

Recorded “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane” on TCM last week. What a cracker of a movie that was, Bette Davis was brilliant. :mrgreen: Classic films are hit and miss of course, I thought Citizen Kane was a pile of rubbish even though it’s touted as one of the best movies of all time.
Nucks

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:19 am

Watched it recently after your recommendation.

Really enjoyed it and it's a amazingly well done for a low budget film.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Nucks wrote:Recorded “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane” on TCM last week. What a cracker of a movie that was, Bette Davis was brilliant. :mrgreen: Classic films are hit and miss of course, I thought Citizen Kane was a pile of rubbish even though it’s touted as one of the best movies of all time.

Amazing acting in Baby Jane. And I agree, Orson Wells had a great voice but wasn’t a great actor.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Wilson » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:

Aww someone took notice of my recommendation! Sometimes feel like I'm waffling to myself online. :gigglesnshit: Glad you liked the film Avon.
Wilson

Postby Dean » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Wilson wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Aww someone took notice of my recommendation! Sometimes feel like I'm waffling to myself online. :gigglesnshit: Glad you liked the film Avon.

I replied too! :snooty:
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio