Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:49 am

if You understood what consciousness is then that would be an obvious answer. why do You think Aliens couldn't have come from Earth?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm going to conclude with Aye! I have advanced since being a Baby.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby jra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:31 am

Guest wrote:It took 63 years from first powered flight until man landed on the moon, technology was speeded up by two world wars.
Since the early 1970’s humans have not ventured past near earth orbit and it’s a great shame.
We should have landed on Mars ages ago, all we’ve done is stalled preferring to send robots.
Robots are incapable of human capacities and our inquisitive nature and, as has been shown in experiments on earth, can miss stuff like fossils openly on display on the surface. They are not great.
We need to go to Mars as soon as possible and we need to start colonising space and extraction raw materials from space because the earth’s resources are finite.
For this to happen we need more exotic faster cheaper propulsion systems, artificial gravity, inertial dampers, greater recycling abilities of air water and food for long journeys.
Who knows when the next extinction level event is coming?


Going to Mars is downsizing. It's not got a suitable atmosphere as its gravity is lower than Earth's. It's too far away from the Sun for what we're used to in terms of temperatures. Because of the potential of an ELE, we're going to have to look further afield, i.e. a planet in another star system. With current technology that is out of the question.

Interesting article.

https://www.universetoday.com/14841/how ... t-to-mars/
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 16071
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby LordRaven » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Von Braun was way ahead of his time...

American manned Mars expedition. Study 1969. Von Braun's final vision for a manned expedition to Mars was a robust plan that eliminated much of the risk of other scenarios. Two ships would fly in convoy from earth orbit to Mars and back.
Status: Study 1969. Thrust: 1,733.80 kN (389,774 lbf). Gross mass: 726,000 kg (1,600,000 lb). Unfuelled mass: 182,000 kg (401,000 lb). Specific impulse: 850 s. Height: 82.00 m (269.00 ft). Diameter: 10.06 m (33.00 ft).

They were entirely reusable for future expeditions, the only element being expendable being the Mars Excursion Module used to visit the planet's surface. This was Von Braun's last attempt to convince the American government to finance his dream. Five months later he would be sidelined to a dead-end headquarters job at NASA, and leave the Agency two years after that.

http://astronautix.com/v/vonbraunmarpedition-1969.html

All these low earth orbit business for the last few decades have only served to hold us back in space exploration.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 32156
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby jra » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:55 am

LordRaven wrote:Von Braun was way ahead of his time...

American manned Mars expedition. Study 1969. Von Braun's final vision for a manned expedition to Mars was a robust plan that eliminated much of the risk of other scenarios. Two ships would fly in convoy from earth orbit to Mars and back.
Status: Study 1969. Thrust: 1,733.80 kN (389,774 lbf). Gross mass: 726,000 kg (1,600,000 lb). Unfuelled mass: 182,000 kg (401,000 lb). Specific impulse: 850 s. Height: 82.00 m (269.00 ft). Diameter: 10.06 m (33.00 ft).

They were entirely reusable for future expeditions, the only element being expendable being the Mars Excursion Module used to visit the planet's surface. This was Von Braun's last attempt to convince the American government to finance his dream. Five months later he would be sidelined to a dead-end headquarters job at NASA, and leave the Agency two years after that.

http://astronautix.com/v/vonbraunmarpedition-1969.html

All these low earth orbit business for the last few decades have only served to hold us back in space exploration.


Maybe, but there are far more pressing problems much closer to home which need attending to.

Most alien life forms on other planets (if they are aware of our presence) will probably be sighing with relief that we are pretty well confined to our own planet currently, like a hostile animal trapped in a cage.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 16071
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 pm

User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:18 pm

User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm

User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:53 am

User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:31 am

consistently funny.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 pm

do You know how far the rockies are from the mid atlantic ridge in millennia?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby jra » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 am

art0hur0moh wrote:do You know how far the rockies are from the mid atlantic ridge in millennia?


We're talking about continental drift, plate tectonics here?

And no, without looking it up. At a guess hundreds of thousands of years.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 16071
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:40 pm

User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:44 pm

jra wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:do You know how far the rockies are from the mid atlantic ridge in millennia?


We're talking about continental drift, plate tectonics here?

And no, without looking it up. At a guess hundreds of thousands of years.


in a sense. is the ridge a remnant of the mid atlantic volcano at a time when only heavy water flowed on Earth?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Signs of Advanced Alien life in Our Galaxy?

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:07 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:do You know how far the rockies are from the mid atlantic ridge in millennia?


We're talking about continental drift, plate tectonics here?

And no, without looking it up. At a guess hundreds of thousands of years.


in a sense. is the ridge a remnant of the mid atlantic volcano at a time when only heavy water flowed on Earth?


When only heavy water flowed on earth? When was that? I have never heard such a silly remark.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 32156
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

PreviousNext

Return to Science And Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests