Random Stuff # 25

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 25

Postby Fletch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:
Fletch wrote:jra, can I just say that your Christmas avi is a piss poor attempt to be festive.

Join in for once in your life, you might find you enjoy it.

I did enjoy Christmas as a kid when you were lied to that Santa Claus exists.

I'm not attempting to be festive. :brickwall:

When you get older, the novelty of Christmas wears off.

I don't have children (so no need to lie to them about a fictional character).

I'm an atheist (so don't believe in religion occasions/festivals anyway).

It's a PITA having and feeling obliged to send Christmas cards to people you rarely meet during the year, let alone at Christmas (plus it costs a fortune in posting).

It's not so much a 'family'/religious event these days, more a spending orgy, keeping up with the Jones's (my present is considerably more expensive than yours, so leads to jealousy).

Many 'family' members don't like each other anyway, but feel obliged to see each other at Christmas.

People get fed up with the constant bombardment by Christmas adverts.

Very little public transport (if any) is running on Christmas and Boxing Day etc., so without a car you're screwed in many instances.

But you crack on, have a good time, whatever floats your boat. For me, I'll be glad when it's all over.

Fucking hell jra, lighten up for once in your life.

There's no need for a full blown analysis of Christmas, just be a bit silly and have some fun. :holly:

You're a long time dead, be serious and miserable then.

Fucking hell, you're telling other people to cheer up :pmsl:
More people respond to JRA's posts than they do yours. There's a reason for that.
I've no idea why admin decided to allow you back tbh. You just carried on being your creepy self since they did.

:scratch:

You haven't really thought this through, have you...
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:
Fletch wrote:jra, can I just say that your Christmas avi is a piss poor attempt to be festive.

It's a PITA having and feeling obliged to send Christmas cards to people you rarely meet during the year, let alone at Christmas (plus it costs a fortune in posting).

It's not so much a 'family'/religious event these days, more a spending orgy, keeping up with the Jones's (my present is considerably more expensive than yours, so leads to jealousy).

Many 'family' members don't like each other anyway, but feel obliged to see each other at Christmas.

Very little public transport (if any) is running on Christmas and Boxing Day etc., so without a car you're screwed in many instances.

But you crack on, have a good time, whatever floats your boat. For me, I'll be glad when it's all over.

There's no need for a full blown analysis of Christmas, just be a bit silly and have some fun. :holly:

More people respond to JRA's posts than they do yours. There's a reason for that.
I've no idea why admin decided to allow you back tbh. You just carried on being your creepy self since they did.

S'only a guest as usual Fletch I'm sure you'll ignore it.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:

It's Christmas, I threw them a bone to let them know I read it. :Hiya:
Fletch

Postby jra » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:13 am

Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:

Fletch. Leave it out. You have no idea what I'm really like.

I can and do have fun. However, I don't need Christmas as an excuse to do it. Who said I was miserable. Just giving my views here. You'll just have to accept that Christmas isn't a big deal for some.

I was out on Friday and I'll be visiting a friend tomorrow.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:32 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

You need your circuits checking Marvin.

Yeah whatever, just because you apparently disagree with my views. Deal with it. I thought one of the concepts of Christmas was 'Goodwill to (all) men', yet some of you presumably Christmas lovers are still tearing chunks out of each other, which kind of backs up some of the points I made.

Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

It's Christmas, I threw them a bone to let them know I read it. :Hiya:

Is that the sound of back pedalling I hear? You could have just written 'I've read this' instead of having a go at me.
jra

Previous

Return to The Archive