Bringing troops home from Syria

Re: Bringing troops home from Syria

Postby Maddog » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:And now, from my favorite congressman.

Has your government shutdown yet?

Apparently it has, but I haven't noticed. I guess a few national parks might close. Other than that it will continue to collect taxes and waste money like it always does. I have survived the last dozen or so shutdowns.
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:27 am

MATTIS SIGNS ORDER TO WITHDRAW U.S. FORCES FROM SYRIA

Outgoing Defense Secretary James Mattis have signed an executive order to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria on December 23, the CNN reported citing defense official.

The officials said that the order determines how and when the withdrawal of US forces from Syria will take place and declined to provide CNN with further details. However, the TV network claimed that the withdrawal will begin in the next several weeks and could take several weeks to finish.

https://southfront.org/mattis-signs-ord ... rom-syria/

It's official then? Does the Pentagon agree? :ooer:
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Fletch wrote:MATTIS SIGNS ORDER TO WITHDRAW U.S. FORCES FROM SYRIA

Outgoing Defense Secretary James Mattis have signed an executive order to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria on December 23, the CNN reported citing defense official.

The officials said that the order determines how and when the withdrawal of US forces from Syria will take place and declined to provide CNN with further details. However, the TV network claimed that the withdrawal will begin in the next several weeks and could take several weeks to finish.

He is the Pentagon. He doesn't agree and has stepped down.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Apparently it has, but I haven't noticed. I guess a few national parks might close. Other than that it will continue to collect taxes and waste money like it always does. I have survived the last dozen or so shutdowns.

Several border patrols have also been pulled.

If you're a Mexican drug dealer or rapist now is a good time to walk unopposed across the border.

Postby Fletch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Maddog wrote:

WAS the Pentagon.

Not like you to trust the word of .Gov outfit Mads. eyebrow
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Several border patrols have also been pulled.

If you're a Mexican drug dealer or rapist now is a good time to walk unopposed across the border.

They turned off the Christmas tree lights! :yikes:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stmas.html

:hand:
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:08 pm

No no no the Pentagon is ultimately the people who sell all those nuclear bombs and cruise missiles to you the American public who seem to love buying this stuff. Year after year after fucking year you're milked for billions to pay for all this stuff from the people who make it all.
Who are those people? Well they are at the end of the day international banking families international investment families families who own GE and Raytheon and so on.
There's a handful of extremely wealthy families making all those nukes and missiles and you keep buying them.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The officials said that the order determines how and when the withdrawal of US forces from Syria will take place and declined to provide CNN wi further details. However, the TV network claimed that the withdrawal will begin in the next several weeks and could take several weeks to finish.

WAS the Pentagon.

He is for a couple more days. That's why he was still there to implement the executive order.

Are you saying we wasn't there to start the withdrawal process?
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:No no no the Pentagon is ultimately the people who sell all those nuclear bombs and cruise missiles to you the American public who seem to love buying this stuff. Year after year after fucking year you're milked for billions to pay for all this stuff from the people who make it all.
Who are those people? Well they are at the end of the day international banking families international investment families families who own GE and Raytheon and so on.
There's a handful of extremely wealthy families making all those nukes and missiles and you keep buying them.

You are describing the industrial part of the military industrial complex.

Don't worry, Trump has increased military spending so they are still very happy. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The officials said that the order determines how and when the withdrawal of US forces from Syria will take place and declined to provide CNN wi further details. However, the TV network claimed that the withdrawal will begin in the next several weeks and could take several weeks to finish.

WAS the Pentagon.

He is for a couple more days. That's why he was still there to implement the executive order.

All I'm saying is I'll believe it when I see it, as I've posted before; Al tanf being a major indicator.
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:05 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:

WAS the Pentagon.

All I'm saying is I'll believe it when I see it, as I've posted before; Al tanf being a major indicator.

I think skeptism of government is a good idea. Kind of like skeptism of weird sites on the internet is a good thing.
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:No no no the Pentagon is ultimately the people who sell all those nuclear bombs and cruise missiles to you the American public who seem to love buying this stuff. Year after year after fucking year you're milked for billions to pay for all this stuff from the people who make it all.

All part and parcel of the same thing.
The families who make the atomic warheads and the cruise missiles and the ships and planes etc etc are having dinner with the generals and the civilians in the Pentagon and the families of the intelligence services .... most of it way above Trumps pay grade.
So many people seem to think government makes all this stuff controls all this material .... they don't.
This is your one percent Maddog. The people who own it all.
I remember you saying you hung out with members of the one percent occasionally and did business with them and Tom too.
I felt sad.
You think the one percent earn fucking wages!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:10 pm

He is the Pentagon. He doesn't agree and has stepped down.[/quote]

WAS the Pentagon.

Not like you to trust the word of .Gov outfit Mads. eyebrow[/quote]

Are you saying we wasn't there to start the withdrawal process?[/quote]

All I'm saying is I'll believe it when I see it, as I've posted before; Al tanf being a major indicator.[/quote]

I think skeptism of government is a good idea. Kind of like skeptism of weird sites on the internet is a good thing.[/quote]

Indeed especially the weird sites and purveyors of fake reality ... Fox the BBC etc.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:

All part and parcel of the same thing.
The families who make the atomic warheads and the cruise missiles and the ships and planes etc etc are having dinner with the generals and the civilians in the Pentagon and the families of the intelligence services .... most of it way above Trumps pay grade.
So many people seem to think government makes all this stuff controls all this material .... they don't.
This is your one percent Maddog. The people who own it all.
I remember you saying you hung out with members of the one percent occasionally and did business with them and Tom too.
I felt sad.
You think the one percent earn fucking wages!

Which generals are/were above Mattis?

I think the to make the top 1% in this country you have to make about 400K a year. I know a few folks in that income bracket.

Don't think any of them sell weapons through.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:37 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/27/how-muc ... state.html

I was close. The top one percent by definition are the top one out of a hundred. With a wide circle of contacts, most people should know that one person who is one out of a hundred in earnings.

In my line of work I know bankers and lawyers, so I know folks in the higher income ranges. Some are in that one out of a hundred bracket.

I also know folks who are pretty damn poor. Americans and especially Texans mix throughout the classes a lot. We are raised to not judge folks for being wealthy or poor. In fact I judge men on how they treat those that lack the financial wherewithal to be of little use to them.

Pretty sure all men put their pants on one leg at a time.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs