Dr. Lawrence Summers

R. James Woolsey

https://genieoilgas.com/about-us/strate ... ory-board/

What a bunch :shake head:
Fletch

Re: Middle East News

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:51 pm

SYRIAN AIR DEFENSE FORCES REPEL ISRAELI AIRSTRIKES IN WESTERN DAMASCUS

Late on December 25, the Syrian Air Defense Forces were employed near the country’s capital of Damascus.

According to reports, at least one target was eliminated west of Damascus.

Local media outlets and journalists say that Israeli warplanes were in Lebanese airspace when the incident took place

UPDATE: The Syrian media says several hostile targets [most likely missiles] were intercepted.

https://southfront.org/syrian-air-defen ... elimiated/

FFS, they can't leave it alone but too scared to get close the Syrian airspace.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Cunts, absolute cunts. :grrrrr:
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:34 pm

RUSSIAN MOD: ISRAELI AIR FORCE USED LANDING OF TWO CIVILIAN PLANES AS COVER FOR AIRSTRIKES

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) carried out its recent airstrikes in Syria when two civilians planes were landing in Beirut and Damascus, putting passengers at risk, Igor Konashenkov, a spokesman for the Ministry of Defense (MoD) of Russia told reporters on December 26.

According to Konashenkov, the Syrian Arab Air Defense Forces (SyAADF) delayed the deployment of surface-to-air missiles and electronic jamming “to prevent a tragedy.” Meanwhile, the Damascus air traffic control diverted one of the passenger jets to a reserve airport in Khmeimim in southern Lattakia.

https://southfront.org/russian-mod-isra ... irstrikes/

Good job SAA, putting other people's lives ahead of your own safety and security.

Israel, fuck you.
Fletch

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Odd...

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Stooo wrote:Odd...

Not so much odd as more fake.
I doubt very much that Air force one can be tracked like that. Surely it would have it's own airspace and given a different idea. :dunno:

Postby LordRaven » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Fletch wrote:RUSSIAN MOD: ISRAELI AIR FORCE USED LANDING OF TWO CIVILIAN PLANES AS COVER FOR AIRSTRIKES

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) carried out its recent airstrikes in Syria when two civilians planes were landing in Beirut and Damascus, putting passengers at risk, Igor Konashenkov, a spokesman for the Ministry of Defense (MoD) of Russia told reporters on December 26.

According to Konashenkov, the Syrian Arab Air Defense Forces (SyAADF) delayed the deployment of surface-to-air missiles and electronic jamming “to prevent a tragedy.” Meanwhile, the Damascus air traffic control diverted one of the passenger jets to a reserve airport in Khmeimim in southern Lattakia.

Good job SAA, putting other people's lives ahead of your own safety and security.

Israel, fuck you.

No casualties, no missiles fired etc because there was no threat coco, but you seem angry about the perceived threat to civilians? Which is good.

Can we therefore expect your full condemnation of the murdering bastards responsible for this?

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:57 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Fletch wrote:RUSSIAN MOD: ISRAELI AIR FORCE USED LANDING OF TWO CIVILIAN PLANES AS COVER FOR AIRSTRIKES

Israel, fuck you.

No casualties, no missiles fired etc because there was no threat coco, but you seem angry about the perceived threat to civilians? Which is good.

Can we therefore expect your full condemnation of the murdering bastards responsible for this?

Having seen both stories I am happy to condemn both the Israelis and the Russians for being at best reckless in regards to the lives of innocent civilians. In connection to that I'm very worried that Trump's decision to withdraw from Syria is going to lead to an escalation in the involvement of both Israelis and Russians. I'm equally worried it will become a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, a proxy war that will spill over in to Afghanistan where the influence of ISIS is already being felt - despite everything you've been told Al-Qaeda and ISIS are not only separate entities but mutually hostile ones.

If you wish to read more about the conflict between ISIS and Al Qaeda here's an article https://www.brookings.edu/testimonies/c ... t-targets/
Cactus Jack

Postby LordRaven » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Israel, fuck you.

Having seen both stories I am happy to condemn both the Israelis and the Russians for being at best reckless in regards to the lives of innocent civilians. In connection to that I'm very worried that Trump's decision to withdraw from Syria is going to lead to an escalation in the involvement of both Israelis and Russians. I'm equally worried it will become a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, a proxy war that will spill over in to Afghanistan where the influence of ISIS is already being felt - despite everything you've been told Al-Qaeda and ISIS are not only separate entities but mutually hostile ones.

If you wish to read more about the conflict between ISIS and Al Qaeda here's an article https://www.brookings.edu/testimonies/c ... t-targets/

Splintering happens, I recall that kind of thing happening in NI because there were so many groups either side of the divide at the end.
Good article, we can but hope they end up making attempts at nullifying one another which will affect their potency.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:27 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
LordRaven wrote:No casualties, no missiles fired etc because there was no threat coco, but you seem angry about the perceived threat to civilians? Which is good.

Splintering happens, I recall that kind of thing happening in NI because there were so many groups either side of the divide at the end.
Good article, we can but hope they end up making attempts at nullifying one another which will affect their potency.

My experience of it in Ireland was much more direct - and the reason behind my lifelong loathing of all forms of Ethno-Nationalism including, but not limited to, Zionism.
Cactus Jack

Postby Fletch » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:29 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Israel, fuck you.

You didn't click the link, did you.

Konashenkov said that 6 Israeli F-16 warplanes used 16 US-made GPS-guided GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs (SDBs) in the attack, which occurred at the late hours of December 25. Only 2 SDBs managed to hit their targets, while the rest were intercepted by the SyAADF.

It's why my posts are long, I try to put key information in them for the less able.

Yes, I'm happy to fully condemn Ukraine under nazi rule thanks to US assistance.

Sadly, the BUK defence equipment and all it's records went up in an explosion not long ago. No-one knows what caused the explosion and no-one in power or the msm bothered to follow it up. The original explosion was reported.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Israel, fuck you.

ISIS and Al Qaeda are both western funded, trained, armed and protected terrorists. members hop between the 2 depending on location and opportunity. There have been numerous name changes for the same groups, Al Qaeda currently known as HTS. (Hay'et Tahrir al-Sham) in Syria.
Fletch

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Fletch wrote:ISIS and Al Qaeda are both western funded, trained, armed and protected terrorists. members hop between the 2 depending on location and opportunity. There have been numerous name changes for the same groups, Al Qaeda currently known as HTS. (Hay'et Tahrir al-Sham) in Syria.

Al Qaeda certainly was Western funded, it was set up by the US when the Russians were in Afghanistan and has to count as one of the worst self inflicted wounds since the State of Israel set up HAMAS.

However your analysis betrays some pretty fundamental misunderstanding not only on the nature of both ISIS and Al Qaeda but also on the very nature of insurgency groups waging Asymmetric warfare. I could go into detail but suffice it to say that neither Al Qaeda nor ISIS exist as organisation in the way most people would understand the term and command structures tend to be labyrinthine. Active cells with motivations ranging from the purely financial to the highly fanatical will be common to both groups as long as there is a common enemy to fight. This was the case back when Al Qaeda were an organising force behind the various groups that made up the Mujahideen. Fun fact the word Mujahideen is still used throughout the region to describe just about every Jihadist group you care to name as the words Jihadist and Mujahideen are pretty much interchangeable in most circumstances.

Once the common enemy is gone those groups will splinter and being to attack each other. and conversely if a new common enemy appears groups are prepared to put aside their differences, share intelligence and even run joint operations.

This is not at all uncommon among insurgent groups. I'm sure that Raven will be able to give you a few examples of when INLA, an extreme Republican group, and the Red Hand Defenders, an equally extreme Loyalist group were happy to set aside their difference to attack either the IRA or the British Army. And although both sides would vigorously deny it I have no doubt that the IRA and the British Army worked together to contain INLA and the Red Hand Defenders.
Cactus Jack

Postby Fletch » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:45 am

Stooo wrote:Odd...

Donald Trump makes surprise visit to Iraq with Melania

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Iraq.html
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:05 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Fletch wrote:ISIS and Al Qaeda are both western funded, trained, armed and protected terrorists. members hop between the 2 depending on location and opportunity. There have been numerous name changes for the same groups, Al Qaeda currently known as HTS. (Hay'et Tahrir al-Sham) in Syria.

Al Qaeda certainly was Western funded, it was set up by the US when the Russians were in Afghanistan and has to count as one of the worst self inflicted wounds since the State of Israel set up HAMAS.

However your analysis betrays some pretty fundamental misunderstanding not only on the nature of both ISIS and Al Qaeda but also on the very nature of insurgency groups waging Asymmetric warfare. I could go into detail but suffice it to say that neither Al Qaeda nor ISIS exist as organisation in the way most people would understand the term and command structures tend to be labyrinthine. Active cells with motivations ranging from the purely financial to the highly fanatical will be common to both groups as long as there is a common enemy to fight. This was the case back when Al Qaeda were an organising force behind the various groups that made up the Mujahideen. Fun fact the word Mujahideen is still used throughout the region to describe just about every Jihadist group you care to name as the words Jihadist and Mujahideen are pretty much interchangeable in most circumstances.

Once the common enemy is gone those groups will splinter and being to attack each other. and conversely if a new common enemy appears groups are prepared to put aside their differences, share intelligence and even run joint operations.

This is not at all uncommon among insurgent groups. I'm sure that Raven will be able to give you a few examples of when INLA, an extreme Republican group, and the Red Hand Defenders, an equally extreme Loyalist group were happy to set aside their difference to attack either the IRA or the British Army. And although both sides would vigorously deny it I have no doubt that the IRA and the British Army worked together to contain INLA and the Red Hand Defenders.

Who are the common enemy?
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs