It's always the ones that bitch the most.

It's always the ones that bitch the most.

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:25 am

A Fort Worth pastor known for praising the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting and condemning the victims will be replaced Sunday, after accusations that he'd sinned by sleeping with prostitutes.

Donnie Romero's departure was announced at a Jan. 2 meeting at Stedfast Baptist Church, which is designated as an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"I haven't been ruling my house well," Romero told the congregation. "I've been a terrible husband and father."

Romero was ousted over allegedly "being with prostitutes," fellow New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist pastor Steven Anderson said in a video posted to Youtube, as well as gambling and using marijuana.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/fort-wo ... ZGUG8v7AJE

Since he and I live in the same city, I wonder if he wants to go out and party on Saturday night? It's not like he is going to be busy working on Sunday morning. :leer:
Maddog

Re: It's always the ones that bitch the most.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. Hope his wife and kids get rid too.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Maddog wrote:A Fort Worth pastor known for praising the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting and condemning the victims will be replaced Sunday, after accusations that he'd sinned by sleeping with prostitutes.

Donnie Romero's departure was announced at a Jan. 2 meeting at Stedfast Baptist Church, which is designated as an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"I haven't been ruling my house well," Romero told the congregation. "I've been a terrible husband and father."

Romero was ousted over allegedly "being with prostitutes," fellow New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist pastor Steven Anderson said in a video posted to Youtube, as well as gambling and using marijuana.

Since he and I live in the same city, I wonder if he wants to go out and party on Saturday night? It's not like he is going to be busy working on Sunday morning. :leer:

I think he’d enjoy partying with you if you’ve been ‘ruling your house well’.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:A Fort Worth pastor known for praising the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting and condemning the victims will be replaced Sunday, after accusations that he'd sinned by sleeping with prostitutes.

I think he’d enjoy partying with you if you’ve been ‘ruling your house well’.

Then he's going to be disappointed.
Maddog

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:13 pm

He’s trying to turn over a new leaf. Just lie, like most preachers do.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:37 pm

The deeper the piety, the deeper the guilt.
Jon

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Jon wrote:The deeper the piety, the deeper the guilt.

Strangely, this sprang to mind

Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Jesus God! (though maybe that's inappropriate!). Not so much bothered about his predilection for prostitutes but more his views on the Orlando massacre. He seems a candidate for your wacky Westboro' lot. I bet they'd welcome him with open arms.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Jon wrote:The deeper the piety, the deeper the guilt.

Strangely, this sprang to mind

The hairstyle was enough to tell me yet another shyster - and then the first few lines, "he leads a multi million dollar evangelical empire..". Another Peter Poppoff though his shenanigans took fraud to another level!
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

Jesus God! (though maybe that's inappropriate!). Not so much bothered about his predilection for prostitutes but more his views on the Orlando massacre. He seems a candidate for your wacky Westboro' lot. I bet they'd welcome him with open arms.

I think the Westboro folks have sort of faded out of existence. Maybe there are 12 left that meet in a tool shed somewhere? :dunno:
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 pm

Is this a confession from Maddog?
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 am

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I think the Westboro folks have sort of faded out of existence. Maybe there are 12 left that meet in a tool shed somewhere? :dunno:

I suspect that the Westbro mob has had their hot demented blood watered down by now. The children they indoctrinated back in the day must be adults now and surely some will have opted to break away from the brainwashing of their childhood.Hopefully.

Postby Maddog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 am

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I suspect that the Westbro mob has had their hot demented blood watered down by now. The children they indoctrinated back in the day must be adults now and surely some will have opted to break away from the brainwashing of their childhood.Hopefully.

Yeah, some of the kids have moved on, and the Phelps dude is dead.

They were probably never more than a group of 100 at their zenith of stupidity.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Is this a confession from Maddog?

Nah, I've never directly paid for it. We've all paid for it indirectly in one form or another.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 am

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Is this a confession from Maddog?

Nah, I've never directly paid for it. We've all paid for it indirectly in one form or another.

:srs?:
Cactus Jack

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs