Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

A right load of bollocks...

Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Festive holiday season is over, now for the proper holiday season :leer:


Wherever it is you're going, are you an early bag packer or do you leave it until last minute?

I always pack a few hours before we leave the house. Don't see the point doing it earlier and forgetting what's been packed or not. I always like to take my own hairdryer and straighteners etc too, and obviously can't pack them until after I've finished using them at home.

Coming back from hols everything gets chucked back in because it'll all be laundered once home, even the half suitcase of clothes that haven't ever been worn. :oops:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Jobless Oddball » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm

I would advise people to take their passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
User avatar
Jobless Oddball
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Are you me?!

Exactly what I do.
Going for 14 days? Take enough for a change of clothes 4 times a day. Loads of shoes and flip flops and half of body care.

End up wearing the same two outfits and pair of flip flops :mrgreen:
Hair are goes out the window and I give it all to the maid.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 8217
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Jobless Oddball » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm

I take one pair of socks and pants coz they can be washed every night in the kitchen sink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Jobless Oddball
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Packing just seems to happen organically in the run up to trips, although perhaps that's because we quite often go away either for business or long weekends as well as longer hols.

I suppose it's a bigger issue for folk who don't travel so often, getting suitcases down from wherever they're usually kept in storage etc, and they would start their packing early. :smilin:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Gabby » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:05 pm

I pack too much, too soon... then take it all out the night before to check just what I have packed! :roll:

Next time i’m gonna buy and pack a load of cheap crap from Primani..... wear it and bin it without bringing it home..... empty case to fill with goodies... and no washing! :canny: .... win, win! :leer:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 19630
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Gabby wrote:I pack too much, too soon... then take it all out the night before to check just what I have packed! :roll:

Next time i’m gonna buy and pack a load of cheap crap from Primani..... wear it and bin it without bringing it home..... empty case to fill with goodies... and no washing! :canny: .... win, win! :leer:



My pal does that - all of her things are cheap and throwaway. She then fills her bag full of duty-free and whatever else she has bought. I found it wiser just to pay for one extra case back. Fold a duffel bag on top of your suitcase with your clothes in. Phone up your airline and tell them you are hoping to buy a larger item and will be bringing an extra bag home. Sorted.
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14204
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:18 pm

measurer wrote:
Gabby wrote:I pack too much, too soon... then take it all out the night before to check just what I have packed! :roll:

Next time i’m gonna buy and pack a load of cheap crap from Primani..... wear it and bin it without bringing it home..... empty case to fill with goodies... and no washing! :canny: .... win, win! :leer:



My pal does that - all of her things are cheap and throwaway. She then fills her bag full of duty-free and whatever else she has bought. I found it wiser just to pay for one extra case back. Fold a duffel bag on top of your suitcase with your clothes in. Phone up your airline and tell them you are hoping to buy a larger item and will be bringing an extra bag home. Sorted.


The only thing I buy on holiday is the odd souvenir and maybe a book at the airport. What do you buy, Mes that fills a suitcase? eyebrow
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Fags :leer:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14204
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 pm

measurer wrote:Fags :leer:



Time to give up! :smilin:
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
measurer wrote:Fags :leer:



Time to give up! :smilin:


I will - when you stop drinking. :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14204
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:36 pm

measurer wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
measurer wrote:Fags :leer:



Time to give up! :smilin:


I will - when you stop drinking. :gigglesnshit:


ETA - My ONLY vice and I'll be off in the coffin they carry me off in. :twirl:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14204
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 pm

measurer wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
measurer wrote:Fags :leer:



Time to give up! :smilin:


I will - when you stop drinking. :gigglesnshit:


It's dry January! :ooer: I used to smoke many years ago, if I can give up anyone can. When you're ready try Alan Carr's book. That was the final push for me. I'll shut up now as nothing is more annoying to a smoker than non-smokers or ex-smokers telling them how to give up. :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 pm

measurer wrote:
measurer wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
measurer wrote:Fags :leer:



Time to give up! :smilin:


I will - when you stop drinking. :gigglesnshit:


ETA - My ONLY vice and I'll be off in the coffin they carry me off in. :twirl:


You may be one of the ones who come out relatively unscathed. I hope so :smilin:
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Travel light or take the Kitchen sink?

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 pm

TBH? I don't care, I enjoy a cigarette. I wonder where they are going to get those taxes though when we smokers are all dead...….need to get them somewhere. :ooer:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14204
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], xtras1 and 13 guests