Brexit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Brexit

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 pm

measurer wrote:
Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:How can a guest call a guest a moron. BTW - Look in supermarkets - you hardly get homegrown these days. We grow peaches & nectarines?- never knew dat. I like pomegranates so will be buying from abroad.

As for stocking up? Nope, Just no...

It's quite easy to call the guest a moron. No fruit except in cans? :ooer: yes peaches and nectarines are grown in gardens down south in sheltered areas on the Gulf Stream, figs grow in many areas. Even when I was little we got pomegranates as a treat. I guess guest must have had tinned bananas. :ooer: I'm surprised at you, most of the soft fruit we eat in this country is grown in Scotland.

Don't fear, I know what is grown here, but a lot aren't. You didn't get pomegranates grown here though...and how mass a market do we have in English figs?

We don't, most of them come from TURKEY. They are grown here in people's gardens, my niece has a fantastic tree which gives a great crop every year.

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm

They also come from MOROCCO. Best not put up where she lives in case of fig stealing after Brexit. :gigglesnshit:
measurer

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:How can a guest call a guest a moron. BTW - Look in supermarkets - you hardly get homegrown these days. We grow peaches & nectarines?- never knew dat. I like pomegranates so will be buying from abroad.

As for stocking up? Nope, Just no...

It's quite easy to call the guest a moro

n. No fruit except in cans? :ooer: yes peaches and nectarines are grown in gardens down south in sheltered areas on the Gulf Stream, figs grow in many areas. Even when I was little we got pomegranates as a treat. I guess guest must have had tinned bananas. :ooer: I'm surprised at you, most of the soft fruit we eat in this country is grown in Scotland.

Back in the day when Cleo and many others here were kiddies, only seasonal fruit and veg were available from local greengrocers was available to the average family, none of the massive importation/distribution to the huge supermarkets within reach of most nowadays especially with there being so many more cars. :thumbsup:

That's rubbish. You could get bananas oranges grapefruit grapes pomegranates cherries. They didn't magically appear when we joined the EU. :ooer:

You couldn't get anywhere near what we can get these days though, least not here in the U.K. :wink:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 pm

When I was a kid bananas were a treat. They always came with black spots on because there was no mass refrigeration/transport in those days. An orange at xmas was a treat too.
Could I survive without pickled beetroot?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Who mentioned all year round? Guest said she wouldn't have had any fruit when she was a kid if it didn't come in tins.

I did, I can get them all year round now. What sort of dick votes to make their lives shittier?

When we were kids we didn't just have tinned fruit only...

No, you had the stuff that was in season. My mum used to love the tennis because spring was the time for peaches and strawberries. Winter was full of bitter apples that gave you tummy ache.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm

measurer wrote:They also come from MOROCCO. Best not put up where she lives in case of fig stealing after Brexit. :gigglesnshit:

And Greece too. Ultimate sentence a little unnecessary.

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Better not leave out France - they have them too! lol

And lighten up fgs, it's a joke....
measurer

Postby Nucks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Canada’s looking good. :ooer:
Nucks

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Nucks wrote:Canada’s looking good. :ooer:

Fkn A !!!

I might go home soon! :twirl:
measurer

Postby Nucks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:43 pm

measurer wrote:

Fkn A !!!

Could Scotland do another referendum and opt for independence from the UK, and renegotiate a deal with the EU if Brexit comes to fruition?
Nucks

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:They also come from MOROCCO. Best not put up where she lives in case of fig stealing after Brexit. :gigglesnshit:

And Greece too. Ultimate sentence a little unnecessary.

Someone got out the wrong side of the (EU) bed... :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Reading some of these posts, I can only hope you all die of starvation. Talk about stupid :pmsl:

Postby McAz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Nucks wrote:
measurer wrote:

Fkn A !!!

Could Scotland do another referendum and opt for independence from the UK, and renegotiate a deal with the EU if Brexit comes to fruition?

The dream scenario. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 pm

We could and I am hopeful that it happens, as no consideration for a part of the "United" Kingdom was given. I rather think Brexit and the resulting fiasco may just give us the push we need to ask the people again. When you're sitting watching your industries being traded to appease the DUP, it rankles, and not just for me.
May has nothing but contempt for Scots - kind of like the guy who the teacher hates because they always have an answer, (be it good or cheeky).
I never thought I'd see many more than one seat for the Tories up here but the sheep followed orders from on high to vote that way. I wonder how the gullible will feel when they no longer have a job to go to because the contracts have been given to others..
measurer

Postby Goodwife » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm

If the UK only ate the fruit and veg grown in the UK we would effectively run out of food on 1 august each year. Ie we only have enough that would last the timescales of Jan -August

A lot of fruit and veg comes from outside of the EU so it wouldn't be an issue
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms