DS Thread #109

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #109

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Goodwife wrote:
measurer wrote:There should be a vote alright - one of No Confidence in THIS government. They twist things so much, it's a wonder they can lay straight in bed at night! As for JC? They need to elect a better leader - and this is coming from an old Labour supporter. If you ask me who I prefer between May & Corbyn, I'd say neither. One there by default leading this country into God knows what, and the other - though very astute, wasn't wise enough to distance himself from the controversy of the IRA.

This country is in for a very bumpy ride.

I agree with you. Though corbyn has said if May loses the vote he will table a no confidence motion.

I don't think Corbyn is the answer & would actually make things worse. If Labour had a decent leader they would probably win if an election was called in the next few months

A 'decent leader' being who in your opinion?
Fletch

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 pm

Fletch wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
measurer wrote:There should be a vote alright - one of No Confidence in THIS government. They twist things so much, it's a wonder they can lay straight in bed at night! As for JC? They need to elect a better leader - and this is coming from an old Labour supporter. If you ask me who I prefer between May & Corbyn, I'd say neither. One there by default leading this country into God knows what, and the other - though very astute, wasn't wise enough to distance himself from the controversy of the IRA.

I agree with you. Though corbyn has said if May loses the vote he will table a no confidence motion.

I don't think Corbyn is the answer & would actually make things worse. If Labour had a decent leader they would probably win if an election was called in the next few months

Hitler
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Hitler

I don't think so eyebrow
Goodwife

Postby Cobs » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 pm

You can't nominate yourself fancypants
Cobs

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Goodwife wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Hitler

I don't think so eyebrow

So who then? :dunno:
Fletch

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Fletch wrote:So who then? :dunno:

I would sooner have Yvette Cooper leading Labour but people underestimate Corbyn. People claim with a better leader that Labour would win but how did Ed Miliband do again? Like him or not Corbyn gave Labour their biggest vote increase since 1945. The Tories are in power for one reason alone, Brexit. Once its over with things will move back to domestic issues which Labour where the upper hand.

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 pm

I in no way underestimate the man but I've seen rocks with more personality, and that is where he falls, IMO. He fails in coming across as a leader should - dominant, commanding and powerful.
I have watched him tear down May, but I have also watched better. The man is too passive - we need someone with a fire in their belly and I for one can't think of anyone for his job. I seriously hope he is as good as you say Guest, but so far I haven't seen leadership qualities in him.
measurer

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Corbyn's like an old geography teacher who wandered into parliament by accident, got voted in as Labour leader and is now trapped in a personal hell when he just wants to go home and drink tea.
Jon

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:36 pm

Jon wrote:Corbyn's like an old geography teacher who wandered into parliament by accident, got voted in as Labour leader and is now trapped in a personal hell when he just wants to go home and drink tea.

Old right wing tropes are always worth re-posting... :roll:
Fletch

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Jon wrote:Corbyn's like an old geography teacher who wandered into parliament by accident, got voted in as Labour leader and is now trapped in a personal hell when he just wants to go home and drink tea.

Perfect analogy of how he comes across. I have seen a shift in the clothes he has been wearing in the Commons, I do hope that is his advisers trying to get him to "look important". I have nothing against any kind of dress but, many others see differently...

The man is clear in his political views but it is those very views that are now and still, holding him back.
measurer

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Fletch wrote:

Sometimes I wonder what happens to your brain function in the time between reading a post and writing a response to it.
Jon

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 am

Jon wrote:
Fletch wrote:

Sometimes I wonder what happens to your brain function in the time between reading a post and writing a response to it.

Why, are you claiming original creation of it?

Right wing types such as you would never agree with JC on anything and silly little comments, such as the one you posted, is about as close to debate as right wingers get.
Fletch

Postby jra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Why did Aye Up get banned?

A proven jra sock.

I alerted and showed the evidence to the mods.

Now who could possibly know the evidence? :gigglesnshit:

No one, because it's a completely made up accusation.

This was all covered ages ago, as in I've never had a sock account on DS then and now.

But, I'm quite happy for people to believe in fictitious claims if it makes them feel good.

No skin off my nose.
jra

Postby Dean » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A proven jra sock.

This was all covered ages ago, as in I've never had a sock account on DS then and now.

But, I'm quite happy for people to believe in fictitious claims if it makes them feel good.

No skin off my nose.

Yet you feel the need to reply anyway...
Dean

Postby jra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A proven jra sock.

No skin off my nose.

Yet you feel the need to reply anyway...

Yes. As I'm allowed to do so.

Which begs the question. Why did you reply to my post, just to say that?
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive