Food shopping!

A right load of bollocks...

Food shopping!

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Where do you shop?

I shop between Morrison’s, Asda and Tesco... depending on what I want mainly!

Can’t abide Iceland or Farmfoods... although I did buy multi packs of bacon from Farmfoods when I had workmen in, as it was cheaper when making bacon bacon buttys every day for 3 of them for a few weeks.... and it actually beats other supermarkets bacon, tasty and doesn’t shrink to fuck all either!

Lidl and Aldi.... depends what it is.... fruit and veg are crap, rotten in a couple of days!

Tesco Express is my local bread, milk, wine supplier in between a big shop..... hate Spar!

Got a butcher who I get often get goose eggs from... and his speciality sausages! :wubbers:

That ‘bout sums it up! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Re: Food shopping!

Postby McAz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:01 pm

Erm - Scottish Co-op. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 pm

McAz wrote:Erm - Scottish Co-op. :pmsl:

:pmsl: .... NEVER the Co-op! :shake head:
Gabby

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:19 pm

We avoid ASDA Iceland and Farmfoods.
Dreadful places.
Morrisons Tesco and Sainsburys out of the big ones.
Local butchers but Morrisons are excellent for good quality meat.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Niv » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:23 pm

The 3 of us do a big flat share monthly shop at Costco for loo rolls, big coffee, teabags, sauces,kitchen towels and shared food items that we all use.

For any extras Waitrose is our nearest so there, or Tesco if I'm passing.
Niv

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Ocado online home delivery.

Can't abide supermarkets. :shake head:

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Guest wrote:Ocado online home delivery.

I’d never food shop online... I like to pick stuff, longest dates, leanest meat etc! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:20 pm

Gabby wrote:

I’d never food shop online... I like to pick stuff, longest dates, leanest meat etc! :mrgreen:

I'm like that.
A few years ago I decided to give it a go and to my horror I didn't find myself in a virtual supermarket!
Seriously I thought I'd be going down virtual isles and looking at stuff and apparently you still don't get to go virtual shopping.
When they change that I might reconsider.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I'm like that.
A few years ago I decided to give it a go and to my horror I didn't find myself in a virtual supermarket!
Seriously I thought I'd be going down virtual isles and looking at stuff and apparently you still don't get to go virtual shopping.

For eg.... If they sent me a loaf dated less than 4 days ahead i’d be straight there wanting to know WTF they’re doing sending me old bread!.... it ain’t worth the aggro.... I won’t be fucked over! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Dean » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Local Chinese is my favourite food shopping. Followed by the local Indian. Then the local chicken shop...
Dean

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:46 pm

I was in Tesco express not long ago diving in to the back of the Warburtons seeded loaves looking for the longest date and this snotty member of staff asked me what I was looking for..... I replied ‘fresh bread, what the fuck’s it to do with you?’..... he didn’t reply! :laughing:
Gabby

Postby McAz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Just a tip for those who like coffee.

After years of faffing around with every manner of coffee making machine, gizmo and method we decided that overall we preferred the Lyons coffee you typically get served in restaurants...

... to cut a long story short, Lyons No3 Coffee bags turned out to be just the job - perfect every time, just as much as you need, no mess and nothing to clean out afterwards.

Expensive right? No, not if you buy in bulk from Next Day Coffee - google it.
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:52 pm

Gabby wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I'm like that.

For eg.... If they sent me a loaf dated less than 4 days ahead i’d be straight there wanting to know WTF they’re doing sending me old bread!.... it ain’t worth the aggro.... I won’t be fucked over! :gigglesnshit:

That's never happened with Ocado who don't bill you until a few hours after delivery anyway, so that problems can be rectified.

It's not like Morrisons etc.which we don't really get in the South anyway.

Postby Stooo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I'm like that.

That's never happened with Ocado who don't bill you until a few hours after delivery anyway, so that problems can be rectified.

It's not like Morrisons etc.which we don't really get in the South anyway.

I deliver to their RDC in the South West, it's a mile long and I've got one a quarter of a mile away, in mid-Devon... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 pm

McAz wrote:Just a tip for those who like coffee.

After years of faffing around with every manner of coffee making machine, gizmo and method we decided that overall we preferred the Lyons coffee you typically get served in restaurants...

... to cut a long story short, Lyons No3 Coffee bags turned out to be just the job - perfect every time, just as much as you need, no mess and nothing to clean out afterwards.

Expensive right? No, not if you buy in bulk from Next Day Coffee - google it.

Nescafe original for me ... no I'm not joking.
Last coffee machine went to the charity shop. One before that went to my oldest son the other might still be in the shed or the roof.
Nescafe original I was searching for one day in Tesco.
Look mate do you have Nescafe original I can't seem to find it?
Complete with smug look he went straight for a jar and presented me with it.
That's not Nescafe original mate.
He looked at it and pointed to wear it said Nescafe original.
I took the jarr off him and pointed to where it said New Improved Nescafe original.
How can it be original when it's new and improved says I as I thrust it back at him.
Shop has been full of it ever since so I reckon it wasn't just me fooled by the label.
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms