Brexit Satire 2

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
I didn't see any EU flags waving at the 6-nations

It's an inter country competition, it would be like waving the Union flag at any of the games played by GB countries rather than your national flag.

Erm……..are you not familiar with the format of the Eurovision Song Contest?

It's inter country as well, and not inter continent.

The only reason to wave an EU flag at the ESC would be a political one, and it looks like the BBC wanted to de-politicalise it.

You'll just have to make do with your EU jimjams and duvet cover instead.

Not really, this was not an competition but rather a step in choosing our lame entry for the biggest load of shit on the telly outside of a tory PPB. The BBC have said (according to the article) that EU and rainbow (not political at all) flags will be tolerated and they removed the flags supplied by EU Flag Mafia because of sinister safety reasons.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Decent bit of flag waving today in Norwich, On The Ball City!!

Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Cannydc wrote:Decent bit of flag waving today in Norwich, On The Ball City!!

Unfortunately this is why.

I've never been a real supporter of football but the tribal mentality involves a lot of the behaviour and conclusions of the working class leave supporters: Support your side even if they're shit because at least they're not the opposing side. The press stirs up the rhetoric and we have a divided country focussed on sides and feelings rather than issues.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 pm

France and Italy's rising tensions are as ‘high as WWII’ – should we be worried?

Matteo Salvini, the Italian deputy minister, has advised the French to get rid of their “terrible leader” Emmanuel Macron, and apparently throws darts at a picture of the French president. Macron has described right-wing populism of the Rome government as a kind of “leprosy” spreading across Europe. Italy has even threatened to stop a loan of Leonardo da Vinci’s works for a show in Paris at the Louvre. France has now recalled its ambassador to Rome in protest at antagonism it says has reached the level of the Second World War.
The UK leaving the European Union may resemble the various long retreats from Moscow at the end of failed campaigns; but the real diplomatic warfare threatened in Europe is now between France and Italy.

The recalling of an ambassador between two major states which are members of the European Union and Nato is an extraordinary step. That Paris declared that this was in response to rhetoric which had reached an aggression “without precedent since World War Two”, evoking Mussolini’s fascist Italy while France was under Nazi occupation, reflects the sheer rise in tension that has taken place.

At one level this state of affairs between these two countries sharing a border is a reflection of the wider political confrontation taking place in Europe and beyond. Italy’s administration of the far-right Northern League and the anti-establishment Fi................ https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/columnis ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Stooo wrote:Unfortunately this is why.

I've never been a real supporter of football but the tribal mentality involves a lot of the behaviour and conclusions of the working class leave supporters: Support your side even if they're shit because at least they're not the opposing side. The press stirs up the rhetoric and we have a divided country focussed on sides and feelings rather than issues.

You mean the same way you support your side (Remain) despite them being shit and not being the opposition?

It's reminiscent of you calling others gammons, despite being prime gammon yourself (by your own definition).

Your lack of self-awareness is quite mind-boggling.
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:20 pm

"I've never been a real supporter of football but the tribal mentality involves a lot of the behaviour and conclusions of the working class leave supporters: Support your side even if they're shit because at least they're not the opposing side. The press stirs up the rhetoric and we have a divided country focussed on sides and feelings rather than issues."

Long time since you went to a match, Stooo ?

The demographics have altered drastically for clubs like Norwich - the end you see is the 'hardcore' supporters end, maybe 3,000 out of a crowd of near 30,000. The rest are family based in the main, and support the team because of historical roots in and around the fine city. Due to the pricing structure within football, working age attendees these days are tending towards the young professional types who can afford it. The days of flat cape and 6d entry are long gone.

On a lighter note, we beat The Scum 3-0
Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Unfortunately this is why.

You mean the same way you support your side (Remain) despite them being shit and not being the opposition?

It's reminiscent of you calling others gammons, despite being prime gammon yourself (by your own definition).

Your lack of self-awareness is quite mind-boggling.

I don't have a side, I just know that the Germany ++ deal that we currently have is far better than any downgrade. I'm not saying that to piss you off or call you a racist knuckle dragger or any other shit like that, I'm simply saying that as the observable truth. I don't hate you, I don't want you to scream in my face and I certainly don't want to do the same to you. I just want you and people like you to put away the divisions and see the situation for what it is, shoot me...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:"I've never been a real supporter of football but the tribal mentality involves a lot of the behaviour and conclusions of the working class leave supporters: Support your side even if they're shit because at least they're not the opposing side. The press stirs up the rhetoric and we have a divided country focussed on sides and feelings rather than issues."

The demographics have altered drastically for clubs like Norwich - the end you see is the 'hardcore' supporters end, maybe 3,000 out of a crowd of near 30,000. The rest are family based in the main, and support the team because of historical roots in and around the fine city. Due to the pricing structure within football, working age attendees these days are tending towards the young professional types who can afford it. The days of flat cape and 6d entry are long gone.

A hell of a long time and your last sentence exposes my point beautifully.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"I've never been a real supporter of football but the tribal mentality involves a lot of the behaviour and conclusions of the working class leave supporters: Support your side even if they're shit because at least they're not the opposing side. The press stirs up the rhetoric and we have a divided country focussed on sides and feelings rather than issues."

The last sentence was a tongue in cheek joke exposing your obvious lack of knowledge of today's football crowds. Hence 'on a lighter note'.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Saint Delia demonstrating the danger of the cooking sherry....
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:

The last sentence was a tongue in cheek joke exposing your obvious lack of knowledge of today's football crowds. Hence 'on a lighter note'.

Fair enough :mrgreen:

Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?

I really don't follow football at all.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

She wasn't as hammered at the PVM, she made some good points. You're not against her because of her support for her local team though are you?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Stooo wrote:I don't have a side, I just know that the Germany ++ deal that we currently have is far better than any downgrade. I'm not saying that to piss you off or call you a racist knuckle dragger or any other shit like that, I'm simply saying that as the observable truth. I don't hate you, I don't want you to scream in my face and I certainly don't want to do the same to you. I just want you and people like you to put away the divisions and see the situation for what it is, shoot me...

What do you mean you 'don't have a side' - you've been talking nonstop about wanting to remain, for the best part of three years. :gigglesnshit:
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Stooo wrote:She wasn't as hammered at the PVM, she made some good points. You're not against her because of her support for her local team though are you?

Who says I'm against her? It was a funny clip that fitted in with canny's Norwich post.
Red Okktober

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive