Brexit Satire 2

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Where did I say that it did?

How do you seriously think that things are going, we're all in this.

So you don't think highlighting 'working class Leavers' and comparing them to football fans, or addressing elderly voters who want to leave the EU as 'gammons', gives the impression you think your own views are somehow superior?

As with most liberals, your brain is unable to compute that you just might not be right about this. You all suffer from tunnel vision, and are unable to take on board the broader concept of politics. You are always right, and everyone ese is wrong.

Personally, I can see why Remainers wanted to remain, and respect their choice for voting that way. I also would have unconditionally accepted a Remain majority vote, had it happened, I certainly wouldn't have spent the last 3 years asking for another go and making a show of myself..

Prove me wrong, I'm not gloating ffs!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Because people can..at least under a democracy.

So lets say every country's fans at the ESC starting waving the EU flag when their singer performed - it would be a bit of a shit contest wouldn't it?

"Here we have representing Europe - Tom Jones!!

"Next up , all the way from Europe, Charles Aznavour"

" A big hand for that well known European - Julio Iglesias!"
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm

:again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Because people can..at least under a democracy.

So lets say every country's fans at the ESC starting waving the EU flag when their singer performed - it would be a bit of a shit contest wouldn't it?

"Here we have representing Europe - Tom Jones!!

"Next up , all the way from Europe, Charles Aznavour"

" A big hand for that well known European - Julio Iglesias!"

It's the song and performance which scores points, not the fucking flag! If anyone wants to wave the flag of Europe so they should. We haven't become a dictatorship - yet. This year we've chose to serenade our fellow Europeans with a song appropriately titled "Bigger Than Us".

It's bigger than us
It's bigger than you and me
It's bigger than us
It's bigger than everything we see
Grafenwalder

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:12 am

Stooo wrote:Image

:again?:

So When we leave the Common Market its all down to the beach digging up seaweed cockles and mussels, (you cant beet root ! )
Snookerballs

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:00 am

Grafenwalder wrote:It's the song and performance which scores points, not the fucking flag! If anyone wants to wave the flag of Europe so they should. We haven't become a dictatorship - yet. This year we've chose to serenade our fellow Europeans with a song appropriately titled "Bigger Than Us".

It's bigger than us
It's bigger than you and me
It's bigger than us
It's bigger than everything we see

It would be a special type of idiot who waves the EU flag when their country's representative comes on stage to sing.

The only people who want to wave an EU flag at the ESC, are the Brexit-obsessed twats who want to shoehorn Brexit into every possible situation that they can.

Doesn't the name of the group handing out the flags - 'EU Flag Mafia' give you a clue as to the agenda behind this story?
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 am

"It would be a special type of idiot who waves the EU flag when their country's representative comes on stage to sing."

To say nothing of the special kind of idiot who actually appears to be frightened to death of said flag...
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 am

PLS Resolution Foundation, the UK thinktank, has said UK families have been left poorer since the Brexit vote, which led to a plunge in sterling in 2016, pushing up inflation and eroding real wages.

Average household incomes today are £1,500 lower than the Office for Budget Responsibility predicted in 2016, Resolution says in a report. That is the sharpest slowdown in income growth of any advanced economy.

Resolution’s report adds that while income growth across most advanced economies has underperformed in recent years, the UK has experienced the biggest slowdown of all, from 4.9% in 2015 to -0.1% in 2017.

“Had household incomes grown in line with other advanced economies they would have been £2,000 higher in 2017,” it said.

Well done, Quitters. As evidence mounts of your criminally insane destruction of the UK economy we can only hope and pray that it's you losing jobs and homes. Things can only get worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... it-worries
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:41 am

Cannydc wrote:"It would be a special type of idiot who waves the EU flag when their country's representative comes on stage to sing."

To say nothing of the special kind of idiot who actually appears to be frightened to death of said flag...

Pigs would fly before you'd ever see an Aussie waving the EU flag.
MungoBrush

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Cannydc wrote:"It would be a special type of idiot who waves the EU flag when their country's representative comes on stage to sing."

Don't be so silly canny - no one is frightened of the EU flag.

This is a story about Remainers being upset that the EU flag has been 'banned' by the BBC from a recording of a song contest. They are throwing around words like 'democracy' and 'fascism' in response. You have to laugh how suddenly democracy is important to them, seeing as most of them want another go at the referendum after the vote didn't go their way.

Had previous British representatives , such as Lulu, draped themselves in the EU flag in order to celebrate victory, I can understand the pain some of them are now feeling. However, it seems far more likely that the flags given out by the 'EU flag mafia' have nothing to do with a light entertainment musical contest, and everything to do with making a political point. Something the BBC appear to have sniffed out - hence the ban.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Don't be so silly canny - no one is frightened of the EU flag.

This is a story about Remainers being upset that the EU flag has been 'banned' by the BBC from a recording of a song contest. They are throwing around words like 'democracy' and 'fascism' in response. You have to laugh how suddenly democracy is important to them, seeing as most of them want another go at the referendum after the vote didn't go their way.

Had previous British representatives , such as Lulu, draped themselves in the EU flag in order to celebrate victory, I can understand the pain some of them are now feeling. However, it seems far more likely that the flags given out by the 'EU flag mafia' have nothing to do with a light entertainment musical contest, and everything to do with making a political point. Something the BBC appear to have sniffed out - hence the ban.

The clue is in the name of the song contest as in Eurovision (European) you fascist retard. :hand:

Fortunately the BBC will have no say in said flags being waved at the main event! :canny:

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Guest wrote:The clue is in the name of the song contest as in Eurovision (European) you fascist retard. :hand:

Fortunately the BBC will have no say in said flags being waved at the main event! :canny:

Dear guest - do you know where the 2019 Eurovision contest is being hosted?
Here's a clue - and there is a flag there but not the EU one.
Attachments
0010c30a-500.jpg
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:29 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:The clue is in the name of the song contest as in Eurovision (European) you fascist retard. :hand:

So what do you equate the word 'Euro' with then you imbecile. :hand:

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:31 pm

I got my tax code notice today from the revenue and as usual there's a breakdown of where my taxes were spent on the back, the smallest amount by far was to the EU.

So what's the excuse?

(not my pic but identical)

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

So what do you equate the word 'Euro' with then you imbecile. :hand:

The Euro is a foreign currency (notes and coins), used by some countries in the continent of Europe
What do you think it is?

And, by the way, do you think that Israel and Australia are in Europe?
MungoBrush

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive