Passport Drama

A right load of bollocks...

Passport Drama

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 am

It's being reported that you Brits will soon be needing to get new passports. I know there has been a lot of Home Office stupidity - what with Windrush and such, but how will you feel when it starts to impinge on your pennies?

I'd be pretty pissed if I had just gotten a new one only to be told I will need to change it soon. I'm hoping they actually pay for these charges if it's true, but I doubt they would. Suddenly the impact of leaving the umbrella of the EU may not seem such a good idea... :dunno:
measurer

Re: Passport Drama

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:44 am

measurer wrote:It's being reported that you Brits will soon be needing to get new passports. I know there has been a lot of Home Office stupidity - what with Windrush and such, but how will you feel when it starts to impinge on your pennies?

I'd be pretty pissed if I had just gotten a new one only to be told I will need to change it soon. I'm hoping they actually pay for these charges if it's true, but I doubt they would. Suddenly the impact of leaving the umbrella of the EU may not seem such a good idea... :dunno:

It's a passport, no big deal. I'm worried about the people who won't be able to get any more Vegemite.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:12 am

The original passport will still be valid, you would only need to change it once it has expired, unless you are a gammon and then you could pay to get a blue one! :bored: :gigglesnshit:

Postby Drunk Dalek » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:58 am

The Government pay for mine so I don't give a fuck :bum:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 am

It’s not going to be that bad, Europe are still going to want Brits holidaying there, tourist revenue etc.
People who had 6 months left needed to have renewed it by now though, if they wanted to travel.
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm

A friend feared she had lost hers this morning. She was told to get an "emergency" appointment, only to call for one and be told it would be a week before they could see her.... Thankfully she found it in her car, as she goes in 3 days!
measurer

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s not going to be that bad, Europe are still going to want Brits holidaying there, tourist revenue etc.
People who had 6 months left needed to have renewed it by now though, if they wanted to travel.

While I know they need the tourist monies, I'd normally have said the same, but it seems some countries do want to punish the UK for having the audacity to want out of Europe. This way - by making people fork out for a new passport early - may be one of the ways they feel they get payback. Who knows? I am kind of glad it doesn't affect me though.
measurer

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Guest wrote:The original passport will still be valid, you would only need to change it once it has expired, unless you are a gammon and then you could pay to get a blue one! :bored: :gigglesnshit:

I'm gathering you didn't read the link?
measurer

Postby Jobless Oddball » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:20 pm

measurer wrote:It's being reported that you Brits will soon be needing to get new passports.

Yeah.....................when it expires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Most countries require you to have 6 months left on your passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has always been like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:37 pm

measurer wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s not going to be that bad, Europe are still going to want Brits holidaying there, tourist revenue etc.

While I know they need the tourist monies, I'd normally have said the same, but it seems some countries do want to punish the UK for having the audacity to want out of Europe. This way - by making people fork out for a new passport early - may be one of the ways they feel they get payback. Who knows? I am kind of glad it doesn't affect me though.

It doesn't affect 45 million other people either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 pm

How would you know if you have never held a passport? Oh wait, you work in a passport office..... :awesome:
measurer

Postby Jobless Oddball » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 pm

measurer wrote:How would you know if you have never held a passport?

And you wouldn't know coz you've never held an intelligent thought in that head of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

measurer wrote: Oh wait, you work in a passport office..... :awesome:

DOXER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Jobless Oddball

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Caught again!!! :shame:
measurer

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms